STOOL SOFTENER by BJWC (Berkley & Jensen / BJ's)
Medically reviewed on December 29, 2017
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 100mg
Labeler: BJWC (Berkley & Jensen / BJ's)
NDC Code: 68391-238
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate Sodium 100 mg
Stool softener laxative
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces a bowel movement within 12 to 72 hours
if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless told so by a doctor.
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
ask a health care professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take only by mouth. Doses may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses.
|adults and children 12 years and over||take 1-3 softgels daily|
|children 2 to under 12 years of age||take 1 softgel daily|
|children under 2 years||ask a doctor|
- each softgel contains: sodium 6 mg
- store at 25o C (77o F); excursions permitted between 15- 30o C (59o- 86o F)
D&C Red #33*, D&C yellow# 10*, edible ink, FD&C blue #1*, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, lecithin*, medium chain triglycerides*, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol*, purified water, sorbitan, sorbitol, titanium dioxide
*Contains one or more of these ingredients
Compare to active ingredient in Colace®†
Docusate sodium 100 mg
for comfortable relief
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
Distributed by BJWC
25 Research Drive
Westborough, MA 01581
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Purdue Products L.P., owner of the registered trademark Colace®
docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - BJWC (Berkley & Jensen / BJ's) (159082692)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.