Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 5, 2020.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Menper Distributors, Inc.
NDC Code: 53145-026
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Phenylephrine HCI 5 mg
Temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation and nasal congestion as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
If nervousness, dizziness, or sleepiness occur, discontinue use and consult a doctor. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition. If cough persists more than one week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache, consult a doctor.
- this product for persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema or if cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus), unless directed by a doctor
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, diabetes, or trouble urinating due to enlargement of the prostate gland, unless directed by a doctor
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Adults and children 12 years of age and over: take 2 teaspoons (10 mL) every 4 hours. Do not exceed 6 doses in 24 hours.
Children under 12 years of age: consult a doctor.
Store this product between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
cherry flavor, FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #6, glycerin, menthol, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, sucrose, water
call 1-800-560-5223 M-F 9 AM to 4 PM Eastern
dextromethorphan hbr, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - Menper Distributors, Inc. (101947166)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about dextromethorphan / phenylephrine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Other brands
- Triaminic Day Time Cold & Cough, PediaCare Children's Multi-Symptom Cold, Sudafed PE Children's Cold & Cough, Children's Triacting Daytime, Safetussin CD