Low Strength Chewable Aspirin
Dosage form: tablet, chewable
Ingredients: ASPIRIN 81mg
Labeler: Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp
NDC code: 57896-911
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 19, 2022.
Aspirin 81 mg(NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains
- ask your doctor about other uses for aspirin
Reye's Syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy Alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning:
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use if your are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
Ask a doctor before use if
- the stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you had a tonsillectomy or oral surgery within the past 7 days
- you have: -high blood pressure -heart disease -liver cirrhosis -kidney disease -asthma
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking any other drug containing an NSAID (prescription or nonprescription)
- taking a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout or arthritis
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding: -feel faint -vomit blood -have bloody or black stools -have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- any new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. it is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose , get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- do not exceed recommended dose
- adults and children 12 years and older: take 4-8 tablets every 4 hours, as needed, not more than 48 tablets in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- store at room temperature 15⁰C - 30⁰C (59⁰F - 86⁰F)
- for institutional use only
dextrates, FD and C yellow #6, lake, flavor , saccharin sodium, starch.
|LOW STRENGTH CHEWABLE ASPIRIN
aspirin tablet, chewable
|Labeler - Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp (611196254)|
|Registrant - Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp (611196254)|
|Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp||611196254||repack(57896-911)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.