Health Mart fiber
Dosage form: powder, for suspension
Ingredients: PSYLLIUM HUSK 3.4g in 5.8g
Labeler: Health Mart
NDC code: 62011-0137
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 1, 2022.
psyllium husk 3.4 g
- effective in treating occasional constipation and restoring regularity
Allergy alert: May cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to ingested or inhaled psyllium
Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks
taking any other drug. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
- do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dosage in a 24-hour period
- you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating as your body adjusts to increased fiber intake
- constipation lasts more than 7 days
- rectal bleeding occurs
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take at the first sign of irregularity up to 3 times a day
- put one dose into an empty glass
- fill glass with 8oz of water or favorite beverage
- stir briskly and drink promptly
- if mixture thickens add more water and stir
- take this product (child or adult dose) with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning.
- if you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine.
|adults and children 12 years and over||1 rounded teaspoon
|6 to under 12 years||1/2 teaspoon
|under 6 years||ask a doctor
- each teaspoon contains: potassium 30 mg and sodium 5 mg
Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 25 mg per teaspoon
- store at (20o-25oC) 68o-77oF
aspartame, citric acid, FD and C yellow 6, maltodextrin, natural and artificial orange flavor, silicon dioxide.
DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
Uses Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium seed husk, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels. One ADULT serving provides 2.4 grams of soluble fiber. Consult a doctor if you are considering use of the products as part of a cholesterol-lowering program.
Warnings Read entire label, including warnings in Drug Facts
Directions Adults 12 years and older: 1 rounded TEASPOON (tsp) in 8 oz of liquid 3 times daily.
Children under 12 years: Consult a doctor.NOTICE: Mix this product with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of liquid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. Do not take if you havbe difficulty swallowing. See choking warning.
|HEALTH MART FIBER
psyllium husk powder, for suspension
|Labeler - Health Mart (177667227)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.