Dr. Scholls Ingrown Toenail Pain Reliever
Medically reviewed on August 7, 2017
Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: SODIUM SULFIDE 10mg in 1g
Labeler: Bayer HealthCare LLC.
NDC Code: 11523-7214
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Ingrown Toenail Pain Reliever
Sodium sulfide 1%
Ingrown toenail reliever
- for temporary relief of pain and discomfort from ingrown toenails
For external use only
Do not use on open sores
- poor blood circulation
- use with a retainer ring
- avoid contact with eyes. If product gets in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes and get medical help right away.
- redness or swelling of your toe increases
- discharge is present around the nail
- symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- wash affected area and dry thoroughly
- place retainer ring on toe with slot over the area where the ingrown nail and the skin meet. Smooth ring down firmly.
- cut open tip of tube on score mark. Apply enough gel product to fill the slot in the ring. Immediately replace cap on tube.
- place round center section of bandage directly over the gel-filled ring to seal the gel in place. Smooth ends of bandage strip around toe.
- repeat twice daily (morning and night) for up to 7 days until pain and discomfort is relieved or until the nail can be lifted out of the nail groove and easily trimmed
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- save carton for full labeling
- keep tube tightly closed when not in use
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
edetate disodium, hydroxyethyl cellulose, potassium acetate, purified water
Distributed by Bayer HealthCare LLC
Whippany, NJ 07981
INGROWN TOENAIL PAIN RELIEVER
sodium sulfide gel
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.