Vicks DayQuil Cold and Flu Multi-Symptom Relief
Medically reviewed on September 12, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 325mg in 15mL, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10mg in 15mL, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 5mg in 15mL
Labeler: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
NDC Code: 37000-555
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
COLD & FLU
|Active ingredients (in each 15 mL tablespoon)||Purpose|
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat & bronchial irritation
- sore throat
- minor aches & pains
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if adult/child takes
- more than 4 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- adult has 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
If sore throat is severe, lasts for more than 2 days, occurs with or is followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, see a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product, do not use more than directed.
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- symptoms get worse or last more than 5 days (children) or 7 days (adults)
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than directed can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults & for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- take only as directed - see Overdose warning
- use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP)
- do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hrs
|adults & children 12 yrs & over||30 mL (2 TBSP) every 4 hrs|
|children 6 to under 12 yrs||15 mL (1 TBSP) every 4 hrs|
|children 4 to under 6 yrs||ask a doctor|
|children under 4 yrs||do not use|
- when using other DayQuil or NyQuil® products, carefully read each label to insure correct dosing
- each tablespoon contains: sodium 50 mg
- store at room temperature
carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid, disodium EDTA, FD&C Yellow No. 6, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose
Dist. by Procter & Gamble,
Cincinnati, OH 45202.
COLD AND FLU MULTI-SYMPTOM RELIEF
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/phenylephrine
- Acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/phenylephrine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- 2 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, and phenylephrine
- Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine Capsules and Tablets
- Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine Liquid
- Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine Oral Drops
- Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine Pods
- Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine Powder Packets