How is Vantrela ER formulated to be abuse deterrent?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 29, 2020.
Vantrela ER (hydrocodone bitartrate) extended-release tablets are formulated with Teva Pharmaceutical's abuse-deterrent technology that results in properties that are expected to reduce, but not totally prevent, oral, intranasal and intravenous abuse of the drug when the tablets are manipulated.
Teva's proprietary abuse-deterrent technology is based on a multi-layer gel-forming polymer coating that regulates drug release.
Related Medical Questions
- Oxycodone vs Hydrocodone - How do they compare?
- Norco vs Vicodin - How do they compare?
- Meloxicam vs Ibuprofen, what's the difference?
- Aleve vs Ibuprofen: What's the difference?
- What is the difference between aspirin and ibuprofen?
- Naproxen vs ibuprofen: What's the difference?
- CBD Oil: What are 9 Proven or Possible Health Benefits?