How is RoxyBond formulated to be abuse deterrent?
Medically reviewed by Judith Stewart, BPharm. Last updated on Feb 23, 2021.
RoxyBond (oxycodone hydrochloride) is formulated with Inspirion's SentryBond™ technology to a create a physical and chemical barrier to prevent abuse.
RoxyBond has been discontinued and is no longer available for use.
What is RoxyBond?
RoxyBond is formulated as immediate-release tablets. It is a Schedule II controlled substance with a high potential for abuse and and dependence.
How is RoxyBond Abuse-Deterrent?
RoxyBond tablets are designed to be difficult to manipulate for the purpose of misuse and abuse.
RoxyBond has increased resistance to cutting, crushing, grinding, or breaking compared to other oxycodone immediate-release tablet formulations.
RoxyBond on contact with liquid forms a viscous material that resists passage through a needle making intravenous injection difficult.
RoxyBond has physicochemical properties that are intended to reduce abuse by the intranasal route.
While RoxyBond is designed to be abuse-deterrent, abuse by intranasal, oral, and intravenous routes are still possible.
Related Medical Questions
- Oxycodone vs Hydrocodone - How do they compare?
- What is hydrochloride?
- Oxycodone vs OxyContin - What's the difference?
- Meloxicam vs Ibuprofen, what's the difference?
- Aleve vs Ibuprofen: What's the difference?
- What is the difference between aspirin and ibuprofen?
- Naproxen vs ibuprofen: What's the difference?
- CBD Oil: What are 9 Proven or Possible Health Benefits?
- Acetaminophen vs ibuprofen: What is the difference?
- Tylenol vs Advil: What's the difference?
- Motrin vs Advil: What's the difference?
- Aleve vs Advil: What's the difference?
- Norco vs Vicodin - How do they compare?
- Why do you take Claritin with Neulasta?
- How long does it take for Tylenol to start working?
- Does Suboxone help with pain?
- Is acetaminophen the same as Tylenol?
- RoxyBond Information for Consumers
- RoxyBond Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of RoxyBond (detailed)