Cephalexin - is this a drug that can be abused by teens?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Nov 19, 2018.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
No, cephalexin is not something that can be abused by teens. It is in a group of drugs called cephalosporins antibiotics, and is used to fight bacteria in the body.
It works by interfering with the bacteria's cell wall formation, causing it to rupture, and killing the bacteria.
Cephalexin is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, including upper respiratory infections, ear infections, skin infections, and urinary tract infections.
Related Medical Questions
- Can you take cephalexin for a spider bite?
- Cephalexin - can this be used to treat an abscess in the mouth or gum infection?
- If people are allergic to amoxicillin can they take cephalexin?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat strep throat?
- Can you take antibiotics while pregnant?
- Cephalexin Information for Consumers
- Cephalexin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Cephalexin (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Cephalexin (181 questions, 130 members)