Yohimbe and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Yohimbe (yohimbine).
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Major Potential Hazard, High plausibility
yohimbine - cardiovascular disease
Yohimbine can cause hypertension and tachycardia at recommended dosages. Large doses may cause hypotension and cardiac conduction disturbances. Therapy with yohimbine is generally not recommended in patients with hypertension, angina pectoris, or heart disease.
- Limbird LE eds., Gilman AG, Hardman JG "Goodman and Gilman's the Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics." New York, NY: McGraw-Hill (1995):
- "Product Information. Yocon (yohimbine)." Glenwood Inc (2001):
- Grossman E, Rosenthal T, Goldstein DS, Holmes C, Peleg E "Oral yohimbine increases blood pressure and sympathetic nervous outflow in hypertensive patients." J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 22 (1993): 22-6
- Mansoor GA "Herbs and alternative therapies in the hypertension clinic." Am J Hypertens 14(9 Pt 1) (2001): 971-5
Yohimbe drug interactions
There are 27 drug interactions with Yohimbe (yohimbine).
Yohimbe disease interactions
There are 5 disease interactions with Yohimbe (yohimbine) which include:
More about Yohimbe (yohimbine)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Reviews (7)
- Drug class: impotence agents
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.