Pentacarinat (pentamidine) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Pentacarinat (pentamidine):
High Cholesterol (Hyperlipoproteinemia, Hypertriglyceridemia, Sitosterolemia)
Severe Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
pentamidine - pancreatitis
Acute and potentially fatal pancreatitis has been reported with parenteral use and, rarely, oral inhalation of pentamidine. Patients with a history of or known risk factors for pancreatitis, such as alcohol abuse or hypertriglyceridemia, should be monitored closely during therapy with pentamidine. Therapy should be discontinued at the first signs or symptoms suggestive of pancreatitis (e.g., nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, hyperamylasemia with dysglycemia, rising triglycerides, decreasing serum calcium), and preferably permanently discontinued if clinical pancreatitis develops.
- Klatt EC "Pathology of pentamidine-induced pancreatitis." Arch Pathol Lab Med 116 (1992): 162-4
- Wood G, Wetzig N, Hogan P, Whitby M "Survival from pentamidine induced pancreatitis and diabetes mellitus." Aust N Z J Med 21 (1991): 341-2
- Sauleda J, Gea JG, Aguar MC, Aran X, Pasto M, Broquetas JM "Probable pentamidine-induced acute pancreatitis." Ann Pharmacother 28 (1994): 52-3
- Tocci G, Alba L, D'Amato C, Grisetti S, Sampaolesi A, Visco GL "Pancreatitis associated with aerosolized pentamidine." Int Conf AIDS 9 (1993): 505
- "Product Information. NebuPent (pentamidine)." Fujisawa, Deerfield, IL.
- Schwartz MS, Cappell MS "Pentamidine-associated pancreatitis." Dig Dis Sci 34 (1989): 1617-20
- "Product Information. Pentam 300 (pentamidine)." Fujisawa, Deerfield, IL.
Pentacarinat (pentamidine) drug Interactions
There are 419 drug interactions with Pentacarinat (pentamidine)
Pentacarinat (pentamidine) disease Interactions
There are 10 disease interactions with Pentacarinat (pentamidine) which include:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Hematologic Toxicity
- Renal Dysfunction
- Systemic Effects 1
- Systemic Effects 2
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.