User Reviews for Dapsone

Learn more about Dapsone.

Linear IgA Disease 1 reviews 0 medications

Dermatitis Herpetiformis 5 reviews 37 medications

9.2
Pemphigoid 1 reviews 77 medications

Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis 2 reviews 2 medications

Summary of Dapsone reviews 9 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Dapsone

For Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis: "I was prescribed 25mg dapsone 1 per day. for LeukosyVasculitis. Took it 10 days. Each day I took it red spots increased all over body. On day 9 and 10 I was at Atlantic ocean on beach 2 hours each day. Didn't know it would have such adverse affect. I developed severe inflamed red spots and extreme discomfort. Called the doctor, he advised to stop the dapsone and prescribed prednisone 15 mg twice a day for 3 weeks, with the intent to stop the spots. I applied Aloe Vera gel which seemed to relieve the discomfort on leg. The spots are darkening and look like the purpura pictures you see if you google it. Am I scarred forever? is there a natural cure? They did rule out autoimmune disease."

OHfrustration (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2015

For Dermatitis Herpetiformis: "My Dermatitis Herpetiformis started showing up around 7th grade. For three years, my parents took me to countless doctors. Before being diagnosed, I don't think I wore a short sleeve shirt in public, no matter how hot it was, for fear of being ridiculed for my disgusting skin. Finally I was diagnosed and prescribed Dapsone, and this medicine has helped me overcome this painful and mentally exhausting disease. I know those who have Dermatitis Herpetiformis know what I mean when I say this disease can control your life if not treated. I was scared to go to the pool because of it. Dapsone has done wonders, and I've been lucky enough to not have a single side effect (knock on wood)."

KORONA1993 August 19, 2013

For Linear IgA Disease: "I have been taking dapsone since December 2007 for (rare) Linear IgA disease. I was increased to 100 mg 1Xday. Severe anemia set in. Hospitalized and given 2 blood transfusions. Its true that some people have a bad reaction and can develop anemia. Taken off medicine and skin blisters returned. Anemia went away! Am currently on 25 mg 1X day. Less effective, but helps some. I think DAPSONE is probably very effective to clear skin-- but can wreck hemoglobin, etc."

autoimmune girl April 4, 2012

For Dermatitis Herpetiformis: "I itched for about 5 years. There wasn't anyone who could tell me or treat my ailments. saw a doctor, he did some blood tests, found out the underlaying problem. I also had Celiacs disease along with the Dermatitis Herpetiformis. I had sores on my body, you wouldn't believe. To this day I have scars in several places from itiching. This medicine is a miracle. I quit taking it for about 3 years, now I am back on it. Thank the man up above for creating people to do things like this for us! By the way, this was before Celiac was as common as it is now."

dugrammy February 23, 2012

For Dermatitis Herpetiformis: "I took Dapsone for 20 years and without it I could not work or sleep. It's been a life saver for me."

Anonymous January 29, 2011

For Dermatitis Herpetiformis: "In two days I had wonderful relief from severe dermatitis herpetiformis and was amazed. But in just one week came a lot of the severe side effects and not sure that I can continue on dapsone. I have been on 25mg a day instead of the 50mg my doctor prescribed. A few days later I tried reducing that by cutting the pill in half with no relief from the severe side effects."

Anonymous April 13, 2009

For Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis: "I've had Vascultis along with Lupus for 10 years. The pain, welts, sensitivity was unbearable. Dapsone was prescribed 1 year later for the Vasculitis. It saved me from pain along with prednisone. It works great. It seems to be on a 24 hour cycle. If I miss my dose or go way past the time I take my medicines I start breaking out. Please heed the warning of sunlight sensitivity. If I'm out in the sun for a long time, within hours I'm covered with the painstaking welts. Then I have to ride it out for a day or two even if I take my dapsone on time."

Grateful Grandma November 7, 2008

For Pemphigoid: "I find the drug to be effective; have taken in combination with prednisone."

Anonymous September 12, 2008

For Dermatitis Herpetiformis: "I was diagnosed in 1998 via papular biopsy by a US Air Force MD. I am so glad he knew right that minute what medication I needed. I had been treated for everything from scabies to exzema and beyond with everything but the right thing! It had been going on for about 4 years and I was going insane with the itching, oozing, infected elbows, knees, and groin area! These areas were also painful at the same time. It is a "miracle" drug for me!!!!"

Waterbug45 February 26, 2008