Zolate (cholecalciferol / folic acid) and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Zolate (cholecalciferol / folic acid):
folic acid food
Moderate Food Interaction
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
MONITOR: Ethanol may increase folic acid elimination and folic acid absorption is decreased in chronic alcoholics. Excessive alcohol consumption may lead to folate deficiency.
MANAGEMENT: Monitoring of patient response to folic acid supplementation if they also consume alcohol regularly may be recommended.
- Agencia Española de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios Healthcare "Centro de información online de medicamentos de la AEMPS - CIMA. Available from: URL: https://cima.aemps.es/cima/publico/home.html." ():
- Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
- Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
- "Product Information. Folic Acid (folic acid)." Method Pharmaceuticals, LLC, Arlington, TX.
- Cerner Multum, Inc "ANVISA Bulário Eletrônico. Available from: URL: http://www.anvisa.gov.br/datavisa/fila_bula/index.asp." O 0 (2015):
Zolate (cholecalciferol / folic acid) drug interactions
There are 89 drug interactions with Zolate (cholecalciferol / folic acid)
Zolate (cholecalciferol / folic acid) disease interactions
There are 6 disease interactions with Zolate (cholecalciferol / folic acid) which include:
More about Zolate (cholecalciferol / folic acid)
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.