Urelief Plus (butabarbital / hyoscyamine / phenazopyridine) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There are 2 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Urelief Plus (butabarbital / hyoscyamine / phenazopyridine) which include:
butabarbital ↔ Alcohol (Ethanol)
Major Drug Interaction
Ask your doctor before using butabarbital together with ethanol, this can add to dizziness, drowsiness and other side effects of butabarbital. Be careful if you drive or do activities that require you to be awake and alert. Talk with your doctor before using any medications together, or drinking alcohol with butabarbital. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
hyoscyamine ↔ Alcohol (Ethanol)
Moderate Drug Interaction
Ask your doctor before using hyoscyamine together with ethanol. Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking hyoscyamine. You should be warned not to exceed recommended dosages and to avoid activities requiring mental alertness. If your doctor prescribes these medications together, you may need a dose adjustment to safely take this combination. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Minor Potential Hazard, Low plausibility
anticholinergics - hypertension
Cardiovascular effects of anticholinergics may exacerbate hypertension. Therapy with anticholinergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension.
- "Product Information. Marezine (cyclizine)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Benadryl (diphenhydramine)." Parke-Davis, Morris Plains, NJ.
- "Product Information. Cogentin (benztropine)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Artane (trihexyphenidyl)." Lederle Laboratories, Wayne, NJ.
- Valentin N, Staffeldt H, Kyst A "Effect of i.v. atropine on cardiac rhythm, heart rate, blood pressure and airway secretion during isoflurane anaesthesia." Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 28 (1984): 621-4
- "Product Information. Antivert (meclizine)." Roerig Division, New York, NY.
- "Product Information. Atropine Sulfate Injection, USP (atropine)." ESI Lederle Generics, Philadelphia, PA.
Urelief Plus (butabarbital / hyoscyamine / phenazopyridine) drug Interactions
There are 1128 drug interactions with Urelief Plus (butabarbital / hyoscyamine / phenazopyridine)
Urelief Plus (butabarbital / hyoscyamine / phenazopyridine) disease Interactions
There are 33 disease interactions with Urelief Plus (butabarbital / hyoscyamine / phenazopyridine) which include:
- Autonomic Neuropathy
- Gi Obstruction
- Obstructive Uropathy
- Reactive Airway Diseases
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Infectious Diarrhea
- Acute Alcohol Intoxication
- Drug Dependence
- Liver Disease
- Respiratory Depression
- G-6-Pd Deficiency
- Renal Dysfunction
- Cardiac Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Gastric Ulcer
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Liver Disease
- Renal Failure
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Hematologic Toxicity
- Paradoxical Reactions
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.