Vicks NyQuil Severe Cold & Flu and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Vicks NyQuil Severe Cold & Flu (acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / phenylephrine).
Moderate Food Interaction
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
GENERALLY AVOID: Alcohol may potentiate some of the pharmacologic effects of CNS-active agents. Use in combination may result in additive central nervous system depression and/or impairment of judgment, thinking, and psychomotor skills.
MANAGEMENT: Patients receiving CNS-active agents should be warned of this interaction and advised to avoid or limit consumption of alcohol. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.
- Warrington SJ, Ankier SI, Turner P "Evaluation of possible interactions between ethanol and trazodone or amitriptyline." Neuropsychobiology 15 (1986): 31-7
- Gilman AG, eds., Nies AS, Rall TW, Taylor P "Goodman and Gilman's the Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics." New York, NY: Pergamon Press Inc. (1990):
- "Product Information. Fycompa (perampanel)." Eisai Inc (2012):
- "Product Information. Rexulti (brexpiprazole)." Otsuka American Pharmaceuticals Inc (2015):
Vicks NyQuil Severe Cold & Flu drug interactions
There are 555 drug interactions with Vicks NyQuil Severe Cold & Flu (acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / phenylephrine).
Vicks NyQuil Severe Cold & Flu disease interactions
There are 15 disease interactions with Vicks NyQuil Severe Cold & Flu (acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / phenylephrine) which include:
- liver disease
- cardiovascular disease
- anticholinergic effects
- renal/liver disease
- liver disease
- resp depression
More about Vicks NyQuil Severe Cold & Flu (acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / phenylephrine)
- Vicks NyQuil Severe Cold & Flu consumer information
- Check interactions
- Reviews (3)
- Imprints, shape & color data
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.