Drug interactions between aspirin and Tegretol
Interactions between your drugs
- Aspirin is in the following drug classes: platelet aggregation inhibitors, salicylates.
- Aspirin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Aseptic Necrosis
- Back Pain
- Heart Attack
- Ischemic Stroke
- Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Kawasaki Disease
- Myocardial Infarction, Prophylaxis
- Niacin Flush
- Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation
- Prosthetic Heart Valves - Thrombosis Prophylaxis
- Prosthetic Heart Valves, Mechanical Valves - Thrombosis Prophylaxis
- Revascularization Procedures, Prophylaxis
- Rheumatic Fever
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis
- Transient Ischemic Attack
- Tegretol is a member of the drug class dibenzazepine anticonvulsants.
- Tegretol is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine)
You should preferably avoid the regular consumption of grapefruits and grapefruit juice while taking carBAMazepine. This can cause carBAMazepine levels to increase. You should report signs of carBAMazepine side effects such as nausea, visual disturbances, dizziness, or muscle weakness to your doctor. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with carBAMazepine. Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of carBAMazepine such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.