PHILLIPS' MILK OF MAGNESIA (Bayer Healthcare)
(in each 5 mL tsp): Purposes
Magnesium hydroxide 400 mg ............ Saline laxative/antacid
• relieves occasional constipation (irregularity) • this product usually causes bowel movement in ½ to 6 hours
• relieves: • heartburn • acid indigestion • sour stomach • upset stomach associated with these symptoms
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- kidney disease • stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 14 days
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs.
When using this product as an antacid, it may have a laxative effect.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
• you have taken the maximum dose for 2 weeks
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Directions: • do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dose in a 24 hour period
- shake well before use
- laxative use:
- dose may be taken once a day preferably at bedtime, in divided doses, or as directed by a doctor. Drink a full glass (8 oz) of liquid with each laxative dose. Do not use dosage cup for children.
- antacid use:
- do not use dosage cup
- store at room temperature and avoid freezing • keep tightly closed
Phillips' Milk of Magnesia Original Flavor
sodium hypochlorite, water
Phillips' Milk of Magnesia Cherry Flavor
carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid, D&C red #28, flavor, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium citrate, sodium hypochlorite, sucrose, water, xanthan gum
Phillips' Milk of Magnesia Fresh Mint
flavor, mineral oil, sodium hypochlorite, sodium saccharin, water
Original, Fresh Mint and Wild Cherry are available in 4 fl. oz., 12 fl. oz. and 26 fl. oz. bottle. French Vanilla is available in a 12 fl. oz. bottle.
1-800-331-4536 or www.bayercare.com
PRODUCT PHOTO(S):NOTE: These photos can be used only for identification by shape, color, and imprint. They do not depict actual or relative size.
The product samples shown here have been supplied by the manufacturer. While every effort has been made to assure accurate reproduction, please remember that any visual identification should be considered preliminary. In cases of poisoning or suspected overdosage, the drug's identity should be verified by chemical analysis.