Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 2, 2021.
Generic name: RITONAVIR 50mg, OMBITASVIR HEMINONAHYDRATE 12.5mg, PARITAPREVIR DIHYDRATE 75mg
Dosage form: tablets
Testing Prior to the Initiation of Therapy
- Test all patients for evidence of current or prior HBV infection by measuring hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) and hepatitis B core antibody (anti-HBc) before initiating HCV treatment with TECHNIVIE [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
- Prior to initiation of TECHNIVIE, assess hepatic laboratory and clinical evidence of hepatic decompensation. Prior to initiation of ribavirin, assess for underlying cardiac disease and refer to the ribavirin prescribing information [see Contraindications (4) and Warnings and Precautions (5.1 and 5.2)].
Recommended Dosage in Adults
The recommended dosage of TECHNIVIE is two tablets taken orally once daily (in the morning). Take TECHNIVIE with a meal without regard to fat or calorie content [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
TECHNIVIE is used in combination with ribavirin (RBV). When administered with TECHNIVIE, the recommended dosage of RBV is based on weight: 1000 mg per day for subjects less than 75 kg and 1200 mg per day for those weighing at least 75 kg, divided and administered twice-daily with food. For ribavirin dosage modifications, refer to the ribavirin prescribing information.
Table 1 shows the recommended TECHNIVIE treatment regimen and duration for HCV genotype 4 patients without cirrhosis or with compensated cirrhosis.
|Genotype 4 without cirrhosis or with
compensated cirrhosis (Child-Pugh A)
|TECHNIVIE + ribavirin*||12 weeks|
|*TECHNIVIE administered without RBV for 12 weeks may be considered for treatment-naïve patients without cirrhosis who cannot take or tolerate ribavirin [see Microbiology (12.4) and Clinical Studies (14)].|
Frequently asked questions
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of hepatitis C?
- What are the ingredient drugs in Technivie?
More about Technivie (ombitasvir / paritaprevir / ritonavir)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: antiviral combinations
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.