Generic name: CALCIFEDIOL 30ug
Dosage form: capsule, extended release
Medically reviewed on January 18, 2018.
Important Dosage and Administration Information
- Ensure serum calcium is below 9.8 mg/dL before initiating treatment [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
- Instruct patients to swallow RAYALDEE capsules whole.
- Instruct patients to skip a missed dose and to resume taking the medicine at the next regularly scheduled time. Do not administer an extra dose.
Starting Dose and Dose Titration
- The initial dose of RAYALDEE is 30 mcg administered orally once daily at bedtime.
- The maintenance dose of RAYALDEE should target serum total 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels between 30 and 100 ng/mL, intact parathyroid hormone (PTH) levels within the desired therapeutic range, serum calcium (corrected for low albumin) within the normal range and serum phosphorus below 5.5 mg/dL.
- Monitor serum calcium, serum phosphorus, serum total 25-hydroxyvitamin D and intact PTH levels at a minimum of 3 months after initiation of therapy or dose adjustment, and subsequently at least every 6 to 12 months.
- Increase the dose to 60 mcg orally once daily at bedtime after approximately 3 months, if intact PTH remains above the desired therapeutic range. Prior to raising the dose, ensure serum calcium is below 9.8 mg/dL, serum phosphorus is below 5.5 mg/dL and serum total 25-hydroxyvitamin D is below 100 ng/mL.
- Suspend dosing if intact PTH is persistently and abnormally low to reduce the risk of adynamic bone disease [see Warnings and Precautions (5.3)], if serum calcium is consistently above the normal range to reduce the risk of hypercalcemia [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)], or if serum total 25-hydroxyvitamin D is consistently above 100 ng/mL. Restart at a reduced dose after these laboratory values have normalized.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Rayaldee (calcifediol)
- Rayaldee Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 3 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: vitamins