Generic name: NEOMYCIN SULFATE 3.5mg in 1g, POLYMYXIN B SULFATE 10000[USP'U] in 1g, DEXAMETHASONE 1mg in 1g
Dosage form: ophthalmic ointment
Medically reviewed on November 2, 2017.
Apply a small amount into the conjunctival sac(s) up to three or four times daily, or may be used adjunctively with Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfates and Dexamethasone Ophthalmic Suspension at bedtime.
How to apply Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfates and Dexamethasone Ophthalmic Ointment:
1. Tilt your head back.
2. Place a finger on your cheek just under your eye and gently pull down until a "V" pocket is formed between your eyeball and your lower lid.
3. Place a small amount (about 1/2 inch) of Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfates and Dexamethasone Ophthalmic Ointment in the "V" pocket. Do not let the tip of the tube touch your eye.
4. Look downward before closing your eye.
Not more than 8 grams should be prescribed initially and the prescription should not be refilled without further evaluation as outlined in PRECAUTIONS above.
More about Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b ophthalmic)
- Neo-Poly-Dex Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 3 Reviews
- Drug class: ophthalmic steroids with anti-infectives