Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 5, 2022.
Tonsillitis and/or Pharyngitis
The recommended dose of MOXATAG is 775 mg once daily taken within 1 hour of finishing a meal for 10 days. The full 10-day course of therapy should be completed for effective treatment of tonsillitis and/or pharyngitis secondary to S. pyogenes.
Do not chew or crush tablet.
Frequently asked questions
- What are the best antibiotics for a tooth infection?
- Can you drink alcohol with amoxicillin?
- Does amoxicillin expire? Is it safe to take after expiration?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- What's the difference between amoxicillin and penicillin?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat strep throat?
- Does amoxicillin help with tooth infection and pain?
- If I am allergic to penicillin, is it safe to use amoxicillin?
- Amoxicillin for ear infection: Take how many times a day?
- What medications can affect your taste or smell?
- Can you safely consume alcohol while taking amoxicillin?
- If people are allergic to amoxicillin can they take cephalexin?
- What's the normal daily dose of amoxicillin 500mg for chest infections?
- How often should I take amoxicillin for a sinus infection?
- Are there any foods I should avoid while taking amoxicillin?
More about Moxatag (amoxicillin)
- Check interactions
- Reviews (1)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: aminopenicillins
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.