Generic name: amoxicillin 775mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated, extended release
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 13, 2018.
Tonsillitis and/or Pharyngitis
The recommended dose of MOXATAG is 775 mg once daily taken within 1 hour of finishing a meal for 10 days. The full 10-day course of therapy should be completed for effective treatment of tonsillitis and/or pharyngitis secondary to S. pyogenes.
Do not chew or crush tablet.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
- Can you drink alcohol with antibiotics (amoxicillin)?
- Does amoxicillin expire? Is it safe to take after expiration?
- If I am allergic to penicillin, is it safe to use amoxicillin?
- How many times a day should a male adult take amoxicillin 500mg for an ear infection?
- Side effects - can you safely consume alcohol while taking amoxicillin clavulanate?
- What's the difference between amoxicillin and penicillin?
- If people are allergic to amoxicillin can they take cephalexin?
- How often should I take amoxicillin for a sinus infection?
- Can I drink alcohol while taking amoxicillin?
- What antibiotics are used to treat pneumonia?
- Are there any foods I should avoid while taking amoxicillin?
- Amoxicillin - does it have sulfa or penicillin in it?
- What is the normal daily dose of 500mg amoxicillin capsules for chest infections?
- Can amoxicillin be used to treat a bacterial vaginitis infection?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat strep throat?
More about Moxatag (amoxicillin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: aminopenicillins
- FDA Approval History