Generic name: TRIFLURIDINE 15mg, TIPIRACIL HYDROCHLORIDE 6.14mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended starting dose of LONSURF is 35 mg/m2 up to a maximum of 80 mg per dose (based on the trifluridine component) orally twice daily within one hour of completion of morning and evening meals on Days 1 through 5 and Days 8 through 12 of each 28-day cycle until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Round dose to the nearest 5 mg increment.
Do not take additional doses to make up for missed or held doses.
LONSURF is a cytotoxic drug. Follow applicable special handling and disposal procedures.1
Obtain complete blood cell counts prior to and on Day 15 of each cycle.
Do no initiate the cycle of LONSURF until:
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) is greater than or equal to 1,500/mm3 or febrile neutropenia is resolved
- Platelets are greater than or equal to 75,000/mm3
- Grade 3 or 4 non-hematological adverse reactions are resolved to Grade 0 or 1
Within a treatment cycle, withhold LONSURF for any of the following:
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) less than 500/mm3 or febrile neutropenia
- Platelets less than 50,000/mm3
- Grade 3 or 4 non-hematological adverse reactions
After recovery, resume LONSURF after reducing the dose by 5 mg/m2/dose from the previous dose level, if the following occur:
- Febrile neutropenia
- Uncomplicated Grade 4 neutropenia (which has recovered to greater than or equal to 1,500/mm3) or thrombocytopenia (which has recovered to greater than or equal to 75,000/mm3) that results in more than 1 week delay in start of next cycle
- Non-hematologic Grade 3 or Grade 4 adverse reaction except for Grade 3 nausea and/or vomiting controlled by antiemetic therapy or Grade 3 diarrhea responsive to antidiarrheal medication
A maximum of 3 dose reductions are permitted to a minimum dose of 20 mg/m2 twice daily. Do not escalate LONSURF dose after it has been reduced.