Flagyl ER Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 28, 2023.
750 mg once daily by mouth for seven consecutive days.
FLAGYL ER 750 mg tablets should be taken under fasting conditions, at least one hour before or two hours after meals. The optimum extended-release characteristics of FLAGYL ER 750 mg are obtained when the drug is taken under fasting conditions (See CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Absorption).
FLAGYL ER tablets should not be split, chewed, or crushed.
Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis
Hemodialysis removes significant amounts of metronidazole and its metabolites from systemic circulation. The clearance of metronidazole will depend on the type of dialysis membrane used, the duration of the dialysis session, and other factors. If the administration of metronidazole cannot be separated from a hemodialysis session, supplementation of metronidazole dosage following the hemodialysis session should be considered, depending on the patient's clinical situation (see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY).
Frequently asked questions
- What happens if you drink alcohol with metronidazole?
- What are the most common skin conditions? (with photos)
- How long does it take for metronidazole to work?
- Can metronidazole cause a yeast infection?
- What can I do about the metallic taste of Flagyl?
- Does metronidazole treat chlamydia?
- Does Flagyl cause diarrhea?
- Can you have sex while taking metronidazole?
- How long does it take metronidazole to leave your system?
More about Flagyl ER (metronidazole)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (8)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: amebicides
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.