Flagyl ER Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 27, 2021.
Generic name: METRONIDAZOLE 750mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated, extended release
750 mg once daily by mouth for seven consecutive days.
FLAGYL ER 750 mg tablets should be taken under fasting conditions, at least one hour before or two hours after meals. The optimum extended-release characteristics of FLAGYL ER 750 mg are obtained when the drug is taken under fasting conditions (See CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Absorption).
FLAGYL ER tablets should not be split, chewed, or crushed.
Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis
Hemodialysis removes significant amounts of metronidazole and its metabolites from systemic circulation. The clearance of metronidazole will depend on the type of dialysis membrane used, the duration of the dialysis session, and other factors. If the administration of metronidazole cannot be separated from a hemodialysis session, supplementation of metronidazole dosage following the hemodialysis session should be considered, depending on the patient's clinical situation (see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY).
Frequently asked questions
- What happens if you drink alcohol with metronidazole?
- How long does it take metronidazole to leave your system?
- How long does it take for metronidazole to work?
- Can you have sex while taking metronidazole?
- Does metronidazole treat chlamydia?
- Can metronidazole cause a yeast infection?
- Can you use Soolantra and metronidazole together?
More about Flagyl ER (metronidazole)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (7)
- Drug images
- Drug class: amebicides
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.