Veletri (epoprostenol) Disease Interactions
There are 2 disease interactions with Veletri (epoprostenol):
Epoprostenol (applies to Veletri) CHF
Major Potential Hazard, High plausibility. Applicable conditions: Congestive Heart Failure
The use of epoprostenol is contraindicated in patients with heart failure due to reduced severe left ventricular systolic dysfunction. A large study involving such patients was terminated after an interim analysis revealed a higher mortality in the group receiving epoprostenol plus standard therapy than in the group receiving standard therapy alone.
- Pickles H, O'Grady J "Side effects occurring during administration of epoprostenol (prostacyclin, PGI2), in man." Br J Clin Pharmacol 14 (1982): 177-85
- "Product Information. Flolan (epoprostenol)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Epoprostenol for primary pulmonary hypertension." Med Lett Drugs Ther 38 (1996): 14-5
- Bugiardini R, Galvani M, Ferrini D, Gridelli C, Tollemeto D, Macri N, Puddu P, Lenzi S "Myocardial ischemia during intravenous prostacyclin administration: hemodynamic findings and precautionary measures." Am Heart J 113 (1987): 234-40
- Bugiardini R, Galvani M, Ferrini D, Gridelli C, Tollemeto D, Mari L, Puddu P, Lenzi S "Myocardial ischemia induced by prostacyclin and iloprost." Clin Pharmacol Ther 38 (1985): 101-8
Epoprostenol (applies to Veletri) bleeding
Moderate Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility. Applicable conditions: Cerebral Thrombosis/Embolism
Epoprostenol is a potent inhibitor of platelet aggregation. Therefore, expect an increased risk for hemorrhagic complications, particularly for patients with other risk factors for bleeding. Caution and close monitoring is advised.
Veletri (epoprostenol) drug interactions
There are 285 drug interactions with Veletri (epoprostenol)
More about Veletri (epoprostenol)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: agents for pulmonary hypertension
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.