User Reviews for Verapamil

Also known as: Calan, Calan SR, Covera-HS, Isoptin, Isoptin IV, Isoptin SR, Verelan, Verelan PM

Learn more about Verapamil.

Verapamil Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 346 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Verapamil to treat High Blood Pressure

Calan SR (verapamil): "Very effective in lowing my blood pressure but for the three weeks I was on it I had horrible diarrhea ( I was told it would go away in a few days) and subsequently turned into bleeding problems . I was on stomach meds for over one year after taking it for only three weeks and still to this day suffer from it. Be very careful with this med READ the warnings closely this side effect is rare but not a "unknown" reaction to this drug I was just unprepared and trusted my doctor, boy was I wrong.."

Raymone February 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was prescribed Trorprol & Lisinipril before they put me on this. The first two made my hair thin, so they put me on 180 MG of verapimil. So far I have been on it for a month & it definitely has reduced my blood pressure. If you have problems with hair thinning I recommend this, I haven't noticed any hair thinning at all & I have not experienced any side effects. I'm 19 years old, 135 LBS & I'm 5'2. Definitely recommend!"

Knevins (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Helps control my blood pressure with no noticeable side effects at the 240mg/day dosage."

mch999 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been on 240mg once a day for about 4 years had good results. They changed from a solid to a time released capsule. Results are not good now. Not sure why. May have to change meds"

Uiuuuuuuut December 5, 2014

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Verapamil 80mg 2 times a day lowered my blood pressure significantly. The side effects are occasional constipation, itchy rashes, little shortness of breath and mild fatigue. Drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day helps. I like this better than atenolol which lowered my heartbeat and blood pressure to 100/49, and hydrochlorothiazide, which caused dehydration, tingling, rashes feeling very cold and fatigue."

loret May 20, 2013

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Verapamil ER 180 mg gave me tightness in chest, flu syndrome, cough, stomach pain, low grade fever, and a general feeling of being unwell. Also tiredness, headache and constipation. I took it for one week and discontinued due to these bad side effects. Unfortunately this medicine is not for me. Further, it did not lower my hypertension at all."

gwendellan October 22, 2011

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this medication for a week and although it did help with my blood pressure it made me very confused and light headed. I got so bad that I stopped taking the medicine and called my doctor for a different type of medication. Just wasn't for me I guess."

Ray64 November 8, 2010

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Verelan PM (verapamil): "I have had excellent results with this medication and only minimum side effects ( occasional constipation. I am a long-time calcium channel blocker taker and so far it has been an excellent prescription."

Bayridge Ron December 30, 2008

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Great pill. It really works well."

Ric. September 30, 2008