User Reviews for Clarifoam EF

Clarifoam EF has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings on Drugs.com. 82% of those users who reviewed Clarifoam EF reported a positive effect, while 9% reported a negative effect.

Acne
8.1
Rosacea
9.5
Summary of Clarifoam EF reviews 8.6 11 reviews

Cik · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 11, 2021

For Rosacea: “CLARIFOAM was the only medication that kept my rosacea under control for years. Still can’t understand why they discontinued it. Other brands with same ingredients do not even come close. Sad.”

lmm42 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 1, 2013

For Acne: “I love this product because it works amazingly well to clear up my acne. I do still get pimples but they're rarely bad and for the most part I don't get huge breakouts anymore. The only drawback for me is the smell. I was told to leave it on overnight, and I have to disagree with a previous commenter that this product does not smell. As with any other sulfur product, it smells like sulfur. The longer you use it for the worse it gets. I have to throw out my sheets and sleep shirts every 6 months because they stink, and I can't ever wash them with anything I wear in public. I also have to be good about exfoliating, or the smell starts to stick to me too. I do think this product is worth it if sulfur is your only option, but be prepared!”

arielrossful · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2012

For Acne: “I was given Clarifoam EF by my dermatologist for my cystic acne. I must say it did not work at all for me, it didn't get rid of break outs or stop them. I had been using it for 4 weeks and still managed to get 3 painful cystic pimples between my eyebrows.”

LRR January 5, 2009

For Rosacea: “This product saved me. I was having a severe Rosacea flare-up, complete with pustules. Clarifoam is the only product that helped in a month of trying various alternatives. I was really getting down about my appearance. The product goes on easily and I noticed improvement within 12 hours. I would suggest using it with Cetaphil cleanser so that your skin does not get too dry. I have been using it in the morning and evening and use the "leave on" versus the "wash off" method. I am truly grateful for this product and want to get the word out to Rosacea sufferers.”

Anonymous June 7, 2010

For Acne: “I am a young adult. My face had been peppered with pimples- many of which were so inflamed that they caused me pain- before I used this product. This medicine fought the active pimples and prevented more from forming. I was still scarred from my previous acne, so I had to wait until my skin healed. The scarring is the worst part since the skin has to do its own work for that. So eventually, when the scarring faded, I found myself ogling at my amazing complexion. I am so happy to no longer have to worry about dabbing concealer all over my face! I still get the occasional pimple here and there (though they are far less inflamed), but that's because faces have so many pores that it's inevitable. That's why I'm giving this a 10!”

Anonymous February 11, 2011

For Acne: “I absolutely love Clarifoam. I have oily, sensitive skin and have had a problem with acne since the age of five. I've tried many other dermatologist-recommended topicals and they all felt "caked on". Clarifoam goes on light and it's like you can't even feel it. Within the first three days of trying the product, my skin completely cleared up!”

cistre January 29, 2011

For Rosacea: “Clarifoam EF is a wonderful product. I have Rosacea and seb/derm and this has been the only thing that doesn't sting or burn. And it actually works. My dermatologist told me to leave it on, and I use it with Halog and Hylatopic Plus foam moisturizer. For cleaning, he recommended CeraVe Hydrating cleanser. It's even more gentle than Cetaphil.”

KeithBr May 17, 2011

For Rosacea: “Clarifoam has greatly reduced burning, red rosacea breakouts I was getting on my face under my eyes. But I still get them from time to time, just a lot less frequently. It's easy to use. Smell is sulfurish, which bugged me at first but I am used to it now. My copayment is pretty high for Clarifoam.”

Anonymous December 5, 2009

For Acne: “Clarifoam works great...my skin looks amazing. The only drawback to using this product is that you have to leave it on for 10 minutes. I leave it on in the shower..but you have to do it twice a day making the second time harder because you have to wait to wash it off.”

Anonymous February 13, 2012

For Acne: “It does wonders to my skin! I like to use it as a leave in foam overnight instead of the cleanser.”

Anonymous August 5, 2008

For Acne: “Doesn't smell, goes on nice and I can't tell it is on my face, my face feels good after I use it.”

More about Clarifoam EF (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur topical)

Other brands