Plexion Cleansing Cloths
Generic Name: sulfacetamide/sulfur (sul-fa-SEE-ta-mide/SULL-fer)
Brand Name: Plexion Cleansing Cloths
Plexion Cleansing Cloths is used for:
Treating acne, rosacea, and seborrhea. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Plexion Cleansing Cloths is a sulfonamide antibiotic and keratolytic. It works by killing bacteria and shedding the top layer of skin to help treat acne.
Do NOT use Plexion Cleansing Cloths if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Plexion Cleansing Cloths
- you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, dizziness) to any other sulfonamide medicine, such as acetazolamide, celecoxib, certain diuretics (eg, hydrochlorothiazide), glyburide, probenecid, sulfamethoxazole, valdecoxib, or zonisamide
- you have kidney disease
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Plexion Cleansing Cloths:
Some medical conditions may interact with Plexion Cleansing Cloths. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have eczema or a history of lupus
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Plexion Cleansing Cloths. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Silver-containing products (eg, silver sulfadiazine) because they may decrease Plexion Cleansing Cloths's effectiveness
- Methenamine because the side effects of Plexion Cleansing Cloths may be increased
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Plexion Cleansing Cloths may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Plexion Cleansing Cloths:
Use Plexion Cleansing Cloths as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Plexion Cleansing Cloths is for use on the skin only. Plexion Cleansing Cloths may stain clothing and the skin if too much is used.
- Wash your hands before and immediately after using Plexion Cleansing Cloths. Wet your face with water. Wet the cloth with a little water and work into a full lather. Cleanse face with cloth for 10 to 20 seconds, avoiding the eyes. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- Throw away the cloth after use. Do not flush it down the toilet.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Plexion Cleansing Cloths for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- Plexion Cleansing Cloths works best if it is used at the same time each day.
- Continue to use Plexion Cleansing Cloths even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of Plexion Cleansing Cloths, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Plexion Cleansing Cloths.
Important safety information:
- Avoid getting Plexion Cleansing Cloths in your eyes, eyelids, nose, or mouth. If you get Plexion Cleansing Cloths in your eyes, rinse immediately with cool tap water.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Do not apply Plexion Cleansing Cloths to open wounds or to damaged or burned skin without first checking with your doctor.
- If you use topical products too often, your condition may become worse.
- Plexion Cleansing Cloths only works against bacteria; it does not treat viral infections.
- Be sure to use Plexion Cleansing Cloths for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Long-term or repeated use of Plexion Cleansing Cloths may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- Plexion Cleansing Cloths should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Plexion Cleansing Cloths while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Plexion Cleansing Cloths, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Plexion Cleansing Cloths:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild irritation, stinging, or burning of the skin.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); fever; joint pain; red, swollen, scaling, or blistered skin; severe diarrhea; sores in the mouth; yellowing of the eyes or skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Plexion Cleansing Cloths may be harmful if swallowed. Symptoms of ingestion may include change in the amount of urine; nausea; vomiting.Proper storage of Plexion Cleansing Cloths:
Store Plexion Cleansing Cloths at room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Do not freeze. Keep Plexion Cleansing Cloths out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Plexion Cleansing Cloths, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Plexion Cleansing Cloths is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Plexion Cleansing Cloths or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Plexion Cleansing Cloths. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Plexion Cleansing Cloths. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Plexion Cleansing Cloths.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Plexion Cleansing Cloths (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur topical)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical antibiotics