User Reviews for Sovaldi

Learn more about Sovaldi.

Sovaldi Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 31 medications used in the treatment of Hepatitis C.

Reviews for Sovaldi to treat Hepatitis C

"Hi, I have had hep c for at least 25 years would not take the old treatment. Now I'm taking Solaldi /Daklinza my Geno type is 2 A and 2 C - my viral load was 28 million when I started meds ,after 4 weeks viral load was undetced. Just finished my 6th week today. I'm going thru the County Hospital in Dallas,Tx Had no problems getting my meds as Medicare just approved them. So keep trying to find help. I have had very few side affects mild headache for ten minutes not even enough to take a Tyanol the 1st few days. I did itch at the start took allergy med a few days and every so often. I feel better taking the hep c meds my brain fog is better and I sleep like a baby! I take my meds at 7pm on time every night & have to go to bed by 9 pm"

Candra 78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

"Taken in combo with Ribavirin over a 24 week course, my second treatment since my failed Interferon/ribavirin (24wks) treatment 2 years prior. The Sovaldi treatment failed for me as well and I am beginning another treatment with Sovaldi and another combo that is not Ribavirin."

mrbreeeeze (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2016

"g2b started sovaldi with ribavirin this morning. After 1hr I had a weird taste in my mouth and uneasy stomach all day. I took my 1st dose at 6am and by about 1pm I felt 98%normal. Then 3 more ribavirin at 5 now I have upset stomach feel irritable. 89 more days hopefully the side effects taper off after a few days like I've read they do. As long as in the end I'm virus free then this is a small price to pay for prolonging my life and not having to worry about death from liver failure."

peter pickle April 17, 2016

"This is my 2nd time on treatment, this time with Sovaldi added to Ribvirin and Interferon. I feel terrible today I had my 2nd week injection last night and I can't remember feeling this bad last time. I'm getting sharp pains near where my liver is and my back is really aching. I Don't feel myself and I am up and down emotionally thinking about death and that and not been there to see my 2 year old daughter grow up. I'm not suicidal though. I gotta hang in there! 11 weeks to go."

mark ash (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2016

"I have geno type 3. I've been taking it for two weeks. I feel elevated. Like I'm high on something"

Skweeky (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

"I have had Hep since ~1980 - never knew about Hep-C till around the late 1990's when they first could diagnose. I was diagnosed Hep-C genotype 2 in August 2015 and began a 16-week regime of Sovaldi-Ribavirin after appeal/approval by my insurance in ~Nov. 2015. I have a small (1.4CM) spot of cancer on my liver which was just treated this week (Jan. 2016). I have very little fibrosis and my MELD is 7.5. As of DEC. 2015 my HepC is undetectable - with a duplicate test this last week (Jan 2016). I am about half way through the third 28-day supply of my 16 week regime - thus I have about another 6 weeks to go. I have had little to no side effects and I feel blessed to have had this treatment. I think it will add quality years to my life."

klapa (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2016

"I have Hep C genotype 2 and was prescribed solvaldi and rib; solvaldi once a day rib 3 in morning then 3 at night.. 4 weeks into tx my viral load is undetected!!! The nurse advised even tho this is the best possible outcome, to keep up the meds for the remaining 2 months , I think, gladly !"

Amd1984 January 14, 2016

"I got this medicine last month, and am now start to getting good results."

DavidKingNow January 11, 2016

"I took the Sovaldi Ribavirin combo when it came out in 2014. I had genotype 3 of Hep C (habitual IV drug user) which has a much lower success rate than gens 1 & 2 (@ 25% lower!), so I prepared to be disappointed. But I dosed at the same time every day, did not miss a single one, and followed my doc's instructions to the letter. I pre-planned my Tx thoroughly bc I have a history of very bad luck with my physical health. But in 4 wks I was Undetectable! And felt like total crap and had hallucinations in the first month, I think that is rare but still not fun at all! Once I acclimated to the meds it subsided, but I still felt awful overall for the whole 6 months. I have been done with Tx over a year and still Undetectable - so it works!"

Trot Nixon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 26, 2015

"I started my hepatitis treatments on Nov 15th of this year.. I have had some bad side effects. Diarrhea, nauseous alot, muscle aches and headaches. I just found out that the Insurance company only paid for the first month of treatments. I don't know what's going to happen now because I no longer have insurance. But I would rather go thru the side effects than get no treatments at all"

trishdaughtrey December 14, 2015

"I am 59 years old and female . Had or have type 3. Had to take Sovaldi / Ribavirin treatment for 24 weeks. It was 24 weeks of hell, I think I had every side effect listed and then some. Seriously thought at the beginning the dose was so high I thought I would die, they lowered the dosage because my red blood cell count got so low I had to give myself shots of epogen to fix my blood. But treatment stopped in sept. And in november the hep c is not detected in my blood. But I still have lasting side effects , don't think I'll ever be my old self again. But right now I'm still alive. My advice to everyone is, before you try it read everything you can and talk to your doctor about side effects ! No one told me anything!!"

I'm not sure December 1, 2015

"Im not completely finished with treatment but regardless of mild side effects im completely greatful for this medicatio. Thank you Gilead!! Sincerely brandooks"

brandooks (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2015

"I HAD Hep -c 1 for something like 45 years before it was found in my blood stream. I have Diabetes and went in for a normal kidney test. However, when the DR started poking around just like the old fashion Doctors used to do, she realized that my liver and spleen were very enlarged. She proceeded to take a blood test and bingo, she caught my Hep after all those years. A biopsy also determined that I had compensated cirrhosis, which the Dr explained to me that was the very begging stages of cirrhosis, thankfully !! But in May 2014 I started the 12 week Sovaldi Olysio treatment plan, The first time I had any treatment at all. In 4 weeks I was undetectable and at my request I was tested last month 18 months still undetectable! No side effects!"

mhammond1957 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

"After 8 weeks virus free !! No discomforts.Typ 1"

Tommy tup September 10, 2015

"My husband took the sovaldi / ribavirin combination. He is free of hepatitis C now but is having major side effects still. My husband feels worse now then before treatment. He has severe bone and joint pain throughout his body. He has itchy rashy skin, 30 lb weight gain, his thyroid is messed up and now having to take medication for it, chronic fatigue and has to nap daily. He has severe depression, difficulty dealing with people, explosive personality, difficulty concentrating, and more. He is unable to work due to the pain, inability to fill out paperwork or anything due to concentration issues. He has lost interest in things he loved to do. He naps several hours a day. We have been to different doctors with no one able to help..."

illinoiscarpenter (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2015

"Just started sovaldi/ribavirin. I've been through 3 courses of treatment for hepcg2 since 1992, interferon alone, peginterfon ribavirin, the same again but increased doses. In each case viral load was undetectable for 3months but then reappeared. Each time the viral load increased from 3m to 8m to 12m to the present 22m. And each time the percentage for a successful completion of the course of treatment go down. I hope this time will be different, but not confident it will. As for side effects, they've become old friends. (the kind your glad to see go) Hang in there."

Rainchex (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2015

"With genotype 1 Hep C, I took Sovaldi/Ribavirin/Pegylated Interferon for 12 weeks this past summer. There was 0 viral load after 4 weeks, 0 after 12 weeks. After 9 months, the viral load returned at 1,496,000. I engaged in no behavior that causes Hep C - no needles, no sex; I did not drink any alcohol. My doctors' only answer is that the cirrhosis of the liver was so bad (compensated cirrhosis) that not all of the virus was cleansed out of the dead parts of the liver with just 12 weeks of Sovaldi. I am now on the Harvoni for 24 weeks, hoping that the longer regimen of the two drugs - Sovaldi and Ledipasvir - will totally clean out the virus from the liver."

Nathaniel1950 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

"With genotype 1 Hep C, I took the Sovaldi/Ribavirin/Pegylated Interferon for 12 weeks this past summer. There was 0 viral load after 4 weeks. 0 after 12 weeks, after I had finished taking the drugs for all 12 weeks. After 9 months, the viral load returned at 1,496,000. I engaged in absolutely no behavior that causes Hep C - no needles at all, no sex at all, no drugs at all; I did not drink any alcohol. My doctors' only answer is that the cirrhosis of the liver was so bad (compensated cirrhosis) that not all of the virus was cleansed out of the dead parts of the liver with just 12 weeks of Sovaldi. I am now on Harvoni for 24 weeks, hoping that the longer regimen of the two drugs - Sovaldi and Ledipasvir - will totally clean out the liver."

Not a Sovaldi Fan July 25, 2015

"I have four days left of treatment, which has been for six months. The side effects have been mental for me. Anxiety, depression, insomnia, mood swings, irritability and rage all come and go randomly. The virus was undetected at four weeks and this is my first treatment. I won't know until three months post treatment if the virus will stay gone, but it's gone right now. I am genotype 3A."

Wildpast2 July 22, 2015

"Have only been on Sovaldi (and Ribavirin) for three days now, so only have side-effects to report on so far. Sovaldi seems to be causing the following: shortness of breath, acid reflux, diarrhea, and a horrible itchiness around my mouth and lips. All but the itchiness are tolerable--the itchiness is preventing me from eating or drinking much liquid, and I hate it. But I remain hopeful that this combo will cure the Hep C I have had for about 43 years now!"

MargueriteW July 2, 2015

"I've read a lot of forums about the Sovaldi treatment but my experience after my 3rd week went south, difficult moving, loss of strength, vomiting, nausea, fatigue, no appetite, different muscle pains, back and side aches; at first I said this is a cake walk compare to the interferon. But I'm still thankful & had a clear test, one more month to go & I'm very grateful!"

Jeremy2911 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2015

"My mother has liver cirrhosis and had no option but liver transplant. After taking Sovaldi just 24 days, virus is in undetectable range. Million Thanks to GILEAD and Sofia MICHEL, its innovator."

mansoor667 June 11, 2015

"After 30 days of taking meds the hept.c is not showing up in my blood.I would recomend it to anyone."

jmbro June 10, 2015

"After 4 weeks on Solvaldi and Ribavarin, my viral load is "0", not detected! I'm due for my 8 week test and hope that it will reveal the same, and maybe only have to be on it for 12 weeks. No side effects whatsoever, in fact, I feel great!! Thank you~~"

Lady Aggie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2015

"I took Sovaldi with Ribavirin, I have to say this combination is FANTASTIC!!! I took the meds for three months, and I didn't experience ANY side effects- aside from a little drowsiness. Most of it is mental. I took the pills as directed, and just acted as if they were vitamins. My hep c was UNDETECTABLE after just one month- and my blood tests still remain that way... I am blessed to have found this medicine. I would recommend to ANYONE who wants to take this medication, to do so. Absolutely no reason not to! Good luck!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2015