User Reviews for Requip

Requip Rating Summary

3.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 64 medications used in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease.

Reviews for Requip to treat Parkinson's Disease

"Diagnosed with Early Onset Parkinsons Disease in the fall of 2009 @ the age of 47, I was prescribed the drug Requip. God, family, & friends were the most important things in my life prior to taking the medicine. I was very conservative with my $ and spent approximately a total of $10 on the lottery & made 2 trips to a Casino spending $20 in my lifetime. After taking this medication for approximately 3 months in the fall of 2009, I developed an obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) with scratch off lottery tickets & slot machines. To make a long story short, after risking loosing my family, soul, friends and losing hundreds of thousands of dollars, the decision to take Requip was a mistake. Compulsive gambling is a listed side effect."

takenadvantageof (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2018

"Requip was prescribed for me for "break-through" symptoms related Parkinson's Disease. I could not tell that it made any difference at all."

susieratledge November 10, 2011

"Taking Requip from the very beginning caused drowsiness, which after 3 years has developed into sleep attacks and edema in my feet. Also, an allergic reaction with a rash over most of my body."

rmabey April 27, 2009

"I took this for about 6 months. It made me very tired to the point that I would skip doses. I told my docter that it could not be working for me if I couldn't stay awake or was missing doses. "

BRK January 31, 2009

"I've been using Requip since 2005 started with the progression dose. Now I take 16mg per day. Today saw my neurologist raised it at 20mg per day, because the effect starts to decrease before my next dose. Drowsiness and sleeping is one of the side effects I have."

beau91 August 14, 2008