User Reviews for Potassium chloride to treat Prevention of Hypokalemia

Also known as: Klor-Con, K-Tab, Klor-Con M20, K-Dur, Klor-Con M10, Klor-Con M15, Cena K, Klor-Con 10 Epiklor Kal Potassium 99 Klor-Con Sprinkle Klor-Con 8 Glu-K Ed K+10 Gen-K …show all brand names

Potassium chloride has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Prevention of Hypokalemia. 36% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Potassium chloride Rating Summary

6.0/10 average rating

Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Prevention of Hypokalemia.

Reviews for Potassium chloride

MJ · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 16, 2018

Klor-Con (potassium chloride): “The pills are just too big. I choke almost every time I take them. It they were coated with something to alleviate the chalk like outside consistency, it might help. I cut them in half using a pill cutter and that helps somewhat. But I have informed my husband to sue the company when trying to swallow one of these pills if it actually chokes me to death.”

Scotty · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2021

“My doctor started me on 10 mg. After a month my potassium levels didn't change, so she put me on 20 mg a day. A month later my levels were the same, so she had me take two 20 mg pills a day. After two weeks, my potassium was normal. She told me to continue with that dosage. The following week I started getting stomach pains. The pains were mild, but I had it for five days. After reading that stomach pains was one of the more common side effects of the drug, I stopped taking them completely and the pain subsided by the next day. While I'm glad the pills brought my levels up to normal, I have no doubt that my stomach issues were caused by the potassium”

bill blur November 9, 2015

Klor-Con (potassium chloride): “The pills too large to swallow and I almost choked twice. So now I bite tablet in half. I'm afraid to swallow and my voice is getting hoarse. I'm thinking of stopping this med. Is there a liquid form available?”

xdoll · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2018

“I had slight nausea first day of taking potassium chloride and the second dayI had extreme nausea almost vomiting the (took with lots of food and water both times). I’m scared to take it again. I felt like I was poisoned. 8mEq once a day.”

James Resciniti · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 13, 2013

“I have congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathy. This medicine works properly. Helps with potassium regulation during Furosemide therapy. HOWEVER, it is too hard to take. Makes me gag. It's like swallowing chalk. ”

Arkie · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 19, 2019

“Husband has been taking 240 meq./ day KCL ER tabs per cardiologist. Maintains low normal K levels but has had 1 perforated ulcer/almost died plus another gastric bleed hospitalization with transfusion. Dr’s all say it should not cause this - all the literature shows the ER tabs are hardest on gastric area. Switched to liquid and/or dissolvable powder and no problems at all. These are way more expensive so check around for best deal if u can’t take tablets.”

Anonymous January 21, 2012

Klor-Con (potassium chloride): “Got severe gastrointestinal pain/cramps and diarrhea after 2 doses. ”

Sparkle plentyhooray henry December 20, 2013

Klor-Con (potassium chloride): “Increased urination and loss of bladder control.”

T M March 9, 2014

Klor-Con (potassium chloride): “Works great, I feel so much better, and no side effects at all!”

Yucky · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2020

Klor-Con (potassium chloride): “My skin is peeling off my hands and Acetonide doesn't help. I'm going to cut back on using this drug.”

Anonymous March 22, 2010

“I have to take this often with the diuretics I'm taking. So far no major side effects.”

magnoliawjb · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 7, 2013

Klor-Con 10 (potassium chloride): “Didn't notice a change when I first began, but if I missed a dose, then I noticed it. Found it to be quite effective and easy to take & become accustomed to.”