User Reviews for Pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine

Also known as: Prevnar 13

Learn more about Pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine.

Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis 7 reviews 3 medications

Summary of Pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine reviews 7 reviews 3.0

Reviews for Pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: "Within a few days of the Prevnar 13 injection, my left knee became very painful, limited mobility requiring ice, Motrin and rest. It lasted 6 weeks and spontaneously resolved . Then my right knee started in the same manner, but much worse and lasted 10 weeks before spontaneously resolving. I did not have any injuries or change in activities to cause this. in both knees, there was NEVER any swelling, just pain and limited mobility."

Anonymous November 3, 2016

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: "My rheumatologist had me take it during a routine visit. Had not been taking any ra meds..humeria and methotrexate for five months since i felt 110% better and didnt feel i had it anymore. I had almost continous respitory infections while on these medications. The nurse told me it would sting and my arm would hurt for a few days. That was the least of my worries. By that evening i had chills, a fever, and rash. Could not even get out of bed the next day and go go work which is very rare for me. Went to work the next day and had a terrible honking unproductive cough and was wheezing and felt like I couldn't catch my breathe. I called my doctor and she prescribed a medrol pack. Helped somewhat but then ended up with a sinus infection."

Mollylucy (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: "It was initially painful and I was told that it would hurt next day. So I thought of it as having a tetanus booster. But within two hours I lost the use of my arm. Abduction and adduction was painful and I had to use one arm to lift the other and needed assistance with dressing. I lost time from work and could not drive. This is day 4. I don't see this as an adverse side effect listed on the company website but there appear to be several examples here. I have to have one a year and a day from the date of this one and it has made me rethink doing that at this point. Hopefully this will start to get better. Hopefully."

Donna J. (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: "When I was in my 20s I had a pneumonia shot and they said I would never need another one. My doctor insisted I have this new one. I didn't want it and he knew it but a nurse was standing there with the shot and I let them administer it in my upper right arm towards the back. The same day, my arm was useless and I had to hold on to it as it hurt so bad. I kept trying to get into the doc. but was turned down. I only lived a block away and went into his office but would not see me. This was, guessing, a year and some ago. My arm hurt that much for a week and then started to be able to move it. But, the shoulder joint of that arm is still very painful. I am in therapy for my right arm. Rapid heatbeat and breathing too."

Juanita too March 20, 2016

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: "Had the Prevnar 13 yesterday. Couldn't sleep last night and my arm was painful. I can't lift my arm now and it's very sore. I put ice packs on it and took aspirin but, so far, it hasn't helped! Hope this is all worth it."

Baka (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2016

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: "I had this injection earlier today; it was no more uncomfortable than the annual flu shot that I always get - just a slight stick. I have no redness or irritation at the injection site, and I am experiencing no side effects whatsoever. I've had the 'other' (PPSV23 pneumonia shot and with it I did have redness and soreness around the injection site, but it went away after a few days. I've had pneumonia about 10 years ago, and I don't ever want to go through that again. The pneumonia vaccinations are the way if you are 'at risk', as I am."

Tony_M October 26, 2015

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: "Most painful injection in my life! Felt like a screwdriver being shoved in my arm. Shot was given very high on my arm and I believe it went into shoulder joint. 45 min after given I experienced severe low back pain and after almost 2 months I have severe pain when abducting my arm. I have taken a round of Keflex from my FNP."

Helen Staudt (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2015