User Reviews for Pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine (Page 2)

Also known as: Prevnar 13

Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis
3.1

Reviews for Pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine

margey sue · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2017

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I turned age 66 last yr and at annual check up my Dr recommended I get a pneumonia shot (never had 1). The Doctor said take half that yr and other half this yr and then never take again. Last year I had redness and swelling of arm, joint and body pain, chills, weakness and cough. The redness had gone after 1 week but other symptoms continued for 2-3 months. This year at check up I told my Dr my side effect symptoms but he didn't think it was from shot, so he gave me the other half. Within 2 hours arm swollen with redness covering whole upper arm. I was hot at the injection site and stiffness in joint and reduced range of motion. I had soreness in front and back shoulder area. I had body aches ,low grade fever and in bed for 3 days. Some side effect symptoms are better but redness, soreness, low range motion still present. Never again thank goodness”

Oily · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2017

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I turn 66. Ext month and while getting my annual flu shot was advised by the pharmacist to get the 1st dose of Prevnar13 Within minutes my arm started to ache and by bedtime it was swollen and quite painful. The next day and following day and still continuing into the second month my shoulders and joints are quite inflamed. It feels like my shoulder joint if deeply injured. Sleep is near impossible on my sides where I normally sleep and still mildly painful lying on my back. I won't get the second shot nest year as this has been excruciatingly painful.”

Dizzy · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “I had the pneumonia shot 12 days ago. I felt great before I had that shot. Now I am struggling with dizziness. I have fallen twice getting up out of my chair and if I look to either side of my chair I get dizzy. They have done a CT scan of my head check to make sure I'm not dehydrated and now they say I either need to see a neurologist and/or go to physical therapy. I was perfectly fine before this now I feel like I can't function without struggling with my balance and dizziness. It's so frustrating I'm 71 and I will never have that shot again.”

Juanita too March 20, 2016

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “When I was in my 20s I had a pneumonia shot and they said I would never need another one. My doctor insisted I have this new one. I didn't want it and he knew it but a nurse was standing there with the shot and I let them administer it in my upper right arm towards the back. The same day, my arm was useless and I had to hold on to it as it hurt so bad. I kept trying to get into the doc. but was turned down. I only lived a block away and went into his office but would not see me. This was, guessing, a year and some ago. My arm hurt that much for a week and then started to be able to move it. But, the shoulder joint of that arm is still very painful. I am in therapy for my right arm. Rapid heatbeat and breathing too.”

Maggie Lee · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2018

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I had this vaccine yesterday as part of my annual wellness check. Last night I had muscle pain all over my body, diarrhea into most of today, feverish, joint pain, severe headache - head still aches significantly 28 hours later, and generally feel unwell. All these symptoms are still present though they were reduced during the day but now that nightfall is about to descend on it again, they have returned.”

Boo · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Same as everyone else but I also had my 2nd shingles shot and the flu shot the same day. I'm a 66 year old healthy and in good shape, female. On the 4th day my overall body aches and pain lessened and now its mostly in the injection site. Not having much of an appetite and still getting the headaches. I just wish I would have been warned. I guess there is no reason to dash off to my doctor at this point.”

Bergie · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 12, 2021

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I had the Prevnar 13 vaccine in October 2018. I was 74 at the time and in good health. Three days after I received this vaccine I started having problems with dizziness. I had never had this before except 1 episode of vertigo. It is now almost 2 1/2 years later and I am experiencing dizziness on a daily bases, it just depends on the degree. I have been told by several doctors that the Prevnar is not related to the dizziness, but the CT scans, MRI's, and balance testing find nothing wrong. I will never prove the Prevnar 13 is responsible, but can find no other reason.”

1981cj7 · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2017

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Side effects of injection include very sore arm effectively rendered useless. Muscle aches and joint pain without relief would not allow me to sleep. Fatigue and back pain plus headache contributed to an overall miserable night and day. I don't know how long this will continue, it has been 36 hours. This vaccine requires at least two days off work and should be accompanied by a good narcotic.”

lihowar · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2017

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I suffered side effects that commenced four days after being vaccinated. They included intense itching at injection site, redness, swelling. My arm showed movement limitations the day following injection, accompanied by moderate pain. On day five, the discomfort was sufficient to inhibit sleeping that night. I see nothing to recommend this treatment for senior citizens, although my doctor administered it to me, knowing I'm 78 years old.”

Tweety December 9, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I went to see my doc for an unrelated reason. He suggested that it was “time” that I should get this vaccine. I have asthma so I’m assuming that’s why it was suggested. I’m 24 yrs old. I am not having the flu like symptoms but like another poster said it didn’t hurt when I initially got the shot, but later the same night I was driving and got a serious pain in my arm and shoulder. I put ice on it today this is day 2 (almost/closer to 3) I actually just took an ibuprofen because of how red, hot and swollen my arm is. It hurts to move my arm at all. And like most other comments I definitely can NOT sleep on the arm I got the injection in. I also slept for like 13 hrs which is not very normal. My hands are cold and clammy. I’m definitely going to question any and every vaccine especially for my young children who can’t tell me when they hurt after! I only want to give them essential vaccines. I really am starting to wonder HOW Necessary SOME (not all) vaccines are”

Baka · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2016

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Had the Prevnar 13 yesterday. Couldn't sleep last night and my arm was painful. I can't lift my arm now and it's very sore. I put ice packs on it and took aspirin but, so far, it hasn't helped! Hope this is all worth it.”

grizzly30 September 28, 2017

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I had extreme swelling at injection site, muscle , joint , nerve pain continuing and still there four months after injection. Very limited use and movement of the arm where injection was done. Inflammation caused plaque in arteries to break loose and clog arteries resulting in two stints having to be placed in heart. I still have pain in neck and shoulder muscles......”

Mollylucy · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2016

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “My rheumatologist had me take it during a routine visit. Had not been taking any ra meds..humeria and methotrexate for five months since i felt 110% better and didnt feel i had it anymore. I had almost continous respitory infections while on these medications. The nurse told me it would sting and my arm would hurt for a few days. That was the least of my worries. By that evening i had chills, a fever, and rash. Could not even get out of bed the next day and go go work which is very rare for me. Went to work the next day and had a terrible honking unproductive cough and was wheezing and felt like I couldn't catch my breathe. I called my doctor and she prescribed a medrol pack. Helped somewhat but then ended up with a sinus infection.”

Anonymous November 3, 2016

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Within a few days of the Prevnar 13 injection, my left knee became very painful, limited mobility requiring ice, Motrin and rest. It lasted 6 weeks and spontaneously resolved . Then my right knee started in the same manner, but much worse and lasted 10 weeks before spontaneously resolving. I did not have any injuries or change in activities to cause this. in both knees, there was NEVER any swelling, just pain and limited mobility.”

Ron2besure · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2021

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “All I can't say is, DON'T DO IT! I had the injection yesterday, suffered a near sleepless night because of the soreness. It's still red and sore today. I have NEVER in my life had any sort of reaction like this to a vaccine. Why didn't my doctor forewarn me? It's a horror show. DON'T DO IT.”

Tony_M October 26, 2015

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I had this injection earlier today; it was no more uncomfortable than the annual flu shot that I always get - just a slight stick. I have no redness or irritation at the injection site, and I am experiencing no side effects whatsoever. I've had the 'other' (PPSV23 pneumonia shot and with it I did have redness and soreness around the injection site, but it went away after a few days. I've had pneumonia about 10 years ago, and I don't ever want to go through that again. The pneumonia vaccinations are the way if you are 'at risk', as I am.”

Murie527 March 1, 2021

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I am a 62 yo healthy female. Went in for physical on 2/23 and dr. Said I needed prevnar 13. I was hesitant but agreed. The nurse said I may feel tired the next day. Six hours after the injection in my arm was very sore body aches started with uncontrollable chills and my body shook for 4 hours. I barely slept that night as the chills were off and on. Woke up with more severe body aches, blinding headache & nausea. Day 3 still had body aches & diarrhea. I also noticed that I had a couple of canker sores in my mouth and I never get canker sores. Aches have subsided by day 5 but I have a mouth full of painful canker sores that prevent me from eating and keep me awake at night. Swallowing is excruciating. It is day 6 & have swollen glands. This vaccine has been the WORST decision for my health. I called the doctors office, the nurse suggested I had an underlying dental autoimmune problem. Don’t ever be railroaded into taking this injection. I fear I may have ruined my health.”

buckdog · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2017

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Had a pneumonia shot at 45. Said I would never need another. Being 63 and diabetic doctor recommended one. No worse than a flu shot. Arm was a little sore so took Advil and slept on other side. Felt fine the next day.”

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2021

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I got the Prevnar 13 two weeks ago and have not been the same since. Nonstop headache and weakness. Had nausea for four days but it’s gone. Please tell me this gets better. I was fine when I got it. I can’t do anything.”

B.K. · Taken for less than 1 month November 24, 2017

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Initial injection hurt slightly, was more than I expected, not like a flu shot. However, arm only slightly sore next morning and by end of day no issue at all. Must admit I’ve had allergy shots in the past that were much worse than this, so maybe I was conditioned. If it truly prevents or lessen the serious diseases they discuss, then it’s definitely worth any minor inconvenience of the injection. Recommend.”

Snicky1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2017

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Had this given 7 days ago. Initial pressure and pain with injection and a after injection pain rush but then ok. Not as sore as having Flu shot afterward. Piece of cake and glad to hope that I do not end up with Pneumonia as that was really not fun at all. In the hospital for two weeks and weak as a kitten. If you need it, get it.”

faota July 29, 2017

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Had this vaccine at Dr.'s request. Regret it. I'd rather have pneumonia Injection. The shoulder, neck, back and arm are extremely painful I cannot raise my arm and have no strength to lift or move my arm. Wished I had read this site before injection. I can not drive or worse yet walk because I use crutches.”

Cel · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2019

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Got the shot. Was a little sting at the time of injection, which is normal so I thought. The next day I couldn’t move my arm without severe pain. Ice, Tylenol, heat.. nothing helps! Worst shot I’ve received”

Donna J. · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2016

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “It was initially painful and I was told that it would hurt next day. So I thought of it as having a tetanus booster. But within two hours I lost the use of my arm. Abduction and adduction was painful and I had to use one arm to lift the other and needed assistance with dressing. I lost time from work and could not drive. This is day 4. I don't see this as an adverse side effect listed on the company website but there appear to be several examples here. I have to have one a year and a day from the date of this one and it has made me rethink doing that at this point. Hopefully this will start to get better. Hopefully.”

ron August 20, 2020

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I received this pneumococcal vaccine a few weeks ago. Other than a sore arm at the injection site area, I had no other side effects. Everyone's experience will differ, but I imagine that most people don't bother to post their experience unless it was a negative one.”