User Reviews for Pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine to treat Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis

Also known as: Prevnar 13

Pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine has an average rating of 3.1 out of 10 from a total of 47 ratings for the treatment of Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis. 13% of those users who reviewed Pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine reported a positive effect, while 70% reported a negative effect.

Pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine Rating Summary

3.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis.

4% 2
11% 5
49% 23

Reviews for Pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine

Bergie · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 12, 2021

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “I had the Prevnar 13 vaccine in October 2018. I was 74 at the time and in good health. Three days after I received this vaccine I started having problems with dizziness. I had never had this before except 1 episode of vertigo. It is now almost 2 1/2 years later and I am experiencing dizziness on a daily bases, it just depends on the degree. I have been told by several doctors that the Prevnar is not related to the dizziness, but the CT scans, MRI's, and balance testing find nothing wrong. I will never prove the Prevnar 13 is responsible, but can find no other reason.”

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2021

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “I got the Prevnar 13 two weeks ago and have not been the same since. Nonstop headache and weakness. Had nausea for four days but it’s gone. Please tell me this gets better. I was fine when I got it. I can’t do anything.”

Ron2besure · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2021

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “All I can't say is, DON'T DO IT! I had the injection yesterday, suffered a near sleepless night because of the soreness. It's still red and sore today. I have NEVER in my life had any sort of reaction like this to a vaccine. Why didn't my doctor forewarn me? It's a horror show. DON'T DO IT.”

Tweety December 9, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “I went to see my doc for an unrelated reason. He suggested that it was “time” that I should get this vaccine. I have asthma so I’m assuming that’s why it was suggested. I’m 24 yrs old. I am not having the flu like symptoms but like another poster said it didn’t hurt when I initially got the shot, but later the same night I was driving and got a serious pain in my arm and shoulder. I put ice on it today this is day 2 (almost/closer to 3) I actually just took an ibuprofen because of how red, hot and swollen my arm is. It hurts to move my arm at all. And like most other comments I definitely can NOT sleep on the arm I got the injection in. I also slept for like 13 hrs which is not very normal. My hands are cold and clammy. I’m definitely going to question any and every vaccine especially for my young children who can’t tell me when they hurt after! I only want to give them essential vaccines. I really am starting to wonder HOW Necessary SOME (not all) vaccines are”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “I got the Prevnar 13 vaccine 4 days ago, wish I had known about the side effects. My arm was sore for a little while , nothing I couldn’t live with. I still have very little appetite, tired, an overall feeling of malaise. Not sure I’ll get the next vaccine.”

Jojo · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “My arm looked like I had elephantitus it blew up and was extremely painful”

Boo · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “Same as everyone else but I also had my 2nd shingles shot and the flu shot the same day. I'm a 66 year old healthy and in good shape, female. On the 4th day my overall body aches and pain lessened and now its mostly in the injection site. Not having much of an appetite and still getting the headaches. I just wish I would have been warned. I guess there is no reason to dash off to my doctor at this point.”

Ritaw October 15, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “I am 58 years old. So in March during the Pandemic I decided to get PCV13 shot . Few hours later than evening I noticed a rash on my left armed where it was administered was swollen and red. Next day I woke up the rash got larger but now it came with a pain and fever. Called my doctor no -one wants to see me thinking I have covid. Was told to take Benadryl due to the possibility of an reaction to the drug. I took Claritin due to Benadryl is too strong for me. The rash went on for 6 weeks . Muscle aches and joint pain without relief would not allow me to sleep. Fatigue and back pain plus headache contributed to an overall miserable night and day. I went to the Pharmacy no help. Six weeks rash and fever went away . But now the pain escalated I can barely lift my arm all the way up without being so sore. Every night up today still suffering from the pain in my arm unable to sleep at night. Mind you I suffer from Fibromyalgia . This Medicine is not for everyone.”

MEG October 12, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “HAD THE PNEUMONIA and the FLU injection and ended up with horrible side effects day one, muscle aches, pains in both arms, second day after worse, third day took a Benadryl felt a little better, fourth day mild diarrhea and body aches and lack of feeling well. Today is the fifth day and still sore and running to the bathroom with loose bowels. No fever but still feeling unwell with sore injection sites in both arms. WHEN do these side effects end? How long? NEVER AGAIN I had PNEUMONIA last year with a cold it wasn't as bad as this...Meg”

TE · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “Received Prevnar 13 a week ago. Soreness, itchiness, redness, warmness, all felt on injection site up to this time. No clue when it will be gone. What a bad experience with this vaccine!”

Sedo · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “Just had the Prevnar 13 injection yesterday thinking it would be beneficial in case I somehow contract Covid. Injection site was pretty painful compared to the flu shot which I had also received. For reference, I’m a 30 year old female. That night I woke up dizzy and proceeded to throw up. I went to bed hoping it would pass. I’m the morning my arm and ribs on the same side felt like I had been hit by a bus as I could barely move it without experiencing moderate pain. Today I could not leave my bed and I’m hoping these symptoms subside so I can work. If you receive this vaccine, Consider these risks- when I had asked about side effects, the nurse brushed it off saying I may experience some flu-like symptoms from the flu shot- nothing mentioned about the pneumonia shot. I worry about older individuals who are being diligent in their health and may experience these symptoms or far worse without warming”

Mancy September 30, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “Omg... 4 days after pneumo injection I became short of breath with cough, diagnosed with bronchitis, one week later I have rhinitis/sinusitis. Felt great the day I got shot... horrible since.. now requesting Covid testing to rule that out. Nope no more, at 66 I’m done with vaccines ... also a former Humira user.. that drug scarred my lungs”

Anne September 19, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “Doctor recommended this Prevnar 13 because of my "age group" (I'm 66 yr. old white female). It has now been 8 months and my arm is still painful, so that I can't lie down on that side. One month after receiving the injection, my right eye had a subconjunctival hemorrhage: all the blood vessels in the white of the eye burst, so that my eye was filled with blood. It took 3 weeks for my body to reabsorb the blood. I also found large bruises on my arms and legs. I am not someone who bruises easily. I looked up the side effects to this drug and it said, among many other things, "easy bruising, easy bleeding." All this time I've also been experiencing sudden rapid heartbeat, sometimes it pounds so hard I can't sleep, and when I had my blood pressure taken, it was higher than normal. Usually it's a healthy low/normal reading. I experience lightheadedness, dizziness, and mental fog, as well as moments of intense anxiety. All these negative symptoms due to the shot, since I was healthy before.”

ron August 20, 2020

“I received this pneumococcal vaccine a few weeks ago. Other than a sore arm at the injection site area, I had no other side effects. Everyone's experience will differ, but I imagine that most people don't bother to post their experience unless it was a negative one.”

Bob August 14, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “Hi all, I had this drug Prevnar 13 five years ago (followed by Pnuemovax23). Am a 50 year old male low white blood cells, with low immunity. Anyway, had the shot round 4pm on a Thursday and the actual injection was completely painless. Had an initial warming of the body within ten minutes as I responded to the various foreign bodies! Headache then started as expected (over 80% of people get them). Didn’t sleep that well that evening which is very odd for me. Felt about 75% right the next day, and wasn’t too bad to start with, but by lunch time the headache was back and I felt like I wanted to lie down. Had two naps during the day (even though I’m very fit and wouldn’t normally). By Friday evening my left arm was sore and a bit swollen and as described by others my movement was limited etc. Anyway, let’s see - I’ll post another update once the symptoms subside.”

Suzy May 29, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “I can’t rate the effectiveness because I don’t know if it will prevent illness yet. But I can tell you that for me (55 year old female with rheumatoid arthritis) the side effects were rough. Started with moderate pain at the injection site then moved to the bicep muscle, now that hand is tingly. Today is 2 days post injection and I woke up with a nasty headache and feel tired and ill. I’ll let you know how long it takes to feel well again.”

Jk May 20, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “I went for my annual checkup. My doctor said I needed the PV13 since I’m 65. The injection site was sore but the side effects of abdominal pain with diarrhea and fatigue were severe for me. I will not be getting the PV23 next year.”

Tee · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “72 yr old female. Never had pneumonia or the common cold...ever. Dr gave me Prevnar 13 shot. Three days later, desperately ill. I waited two weeks and then returned to Dr. He diagnosed Pneumonia, gave me a generic Z-pack, which was ineffective. Two weeks later I was no better, given a different antibiotic. I refused the generic and paid for branded. This one really helped but fifteen weeks later, I still have a hacking wet cough with phlegm. Will NOT allow second pneumonia shot!”

Liz February 22, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “On Jan. 31, 2020, I went to my PCP and asked for the pneumonia vaccine, because I’m 66. The injection site was a little sore. Thirty minutes after the shot, I got a blinding migraine headache that lasted for the weekend. The third day, I still had a headache, but felt well enough to go to work. The next day, I was very run down. During the night, I got a fever and chills and cough; called my PCP in the morning. Was sent to urgent care. No labs were taken. They provided a prescription for a z-pack and was sent home. My temperature spiked to 103.4; stayed over 102 for several days. Coughing up pus for over 3 weeks now. Saw my PCP after 10 days. He ran labs, but it only showed low wbc count. Now Feb. 22; still feel like I was hit by a truck. Have to choose my activities now. A shower and getting dressed is exhausting. Feels like life is over. Always been very active, with a full time job and lots of interests outside of my work. Will never have another vaccine as long as I live!”

Bobo974 · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2020

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “I'm a 68 year old male received the Prevnar 13 vaccine three weeks ago. My misery started 3 days after injection with painful joints. I continue to suffer with worsening joint pain. I was very active before the vaccine and am now confined to my bed as I am unable to walk by myself. I have had pneumonia a few times and those episodes were nothing compared to the effects I am suffering with now. I strongly advise anyone who is considering this or if their Dr. is suggesting the vaccine to consider all the suffering people have and are experiencing after this medication. Personally this misery I am going through is not worth the supposed protection this medication"may" provide. Probably will not have to worry about pneumonia hence forward as I can no longer walk by myself therefore cannot leave my home. Everyone should be warned about the side effects prevnar 13 can and has caused.”

Anonymous December 15, 2019

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “I was given the Prevnar 13 shot and by that evening my arm was swollen down to my inner elbow and all the way around, it was hard as a rock and hot and achy. I also had a fever and whole body was achy my husband had to walk with me as I could barely move, whole body ached. The next day I called and asked if they needed to report the side effects to the health dept. They said no that was all common things from the vaccinations. I was told possibly a sore arm that was all. This lasted for 4 days but 2 months later I still have painful ache in my arm from time to time. I am 66 years old and would worry about an unhealthy older person living alone getting this”

Whisperwolf November 23, 2019

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “I am 48 and got my Prevnar 13 shot in October. For days I had intense itching, headache, nausea and fatigue. Doctor tested my thyroid. It was fine. Two weeks later I got Influenza, followed by Bronchitis and a sinus infection. I keep breaking out in a rash and still feel “off”. I’m convinced that this shot is the culprit. Monday I have to see my doctor again......”

Anonymous October 12, 2019

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “Three days later I was put in ICU with double pneumonia. They say you can't get it from the vaccine but I will never take it again”

Cordi September 12, 2019

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “I was 78 years old last year when I received the Prevnar 13 shot in October on the recommendation of my doctor. I turned 79 in July of this year (2019) and am still suffering the consequences of this decision. My left arm In October, 2018. Now almost a year later my arm still hurts and it has a very limited range of motion. I swam (backstroke) competitively in college and while my right arm can still do a full stroke, my left arm cannot. Not only is it painful but it makes a horrible “crunching” sound like someone crushing and forcing a paper lunch bag into a “wadded-up” ball. I am angry and hate the fact that I went into the procedure with two perfectly functioning arms and left with what appears to be forever, life-changing, painful disability.”

Linny · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2019

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine): “I had this shot 4 days ago, the most painful shot ever. Each day since brings some other negative reaction. First painful arm and sore neck , second day dizzy, third day nausea, today just a general feeling of sickness. Never again”