User Reviews for Peginterferon beta-1a to treat Multiple Sclerosis

Also known as: Plegridy

Peginterferon beta-1a has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis. 50% of those users who reviewed Peginterferon beta-1a reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Peginterferon beta-1a Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 95 medications used in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.

Reviews for Peginterferon beta-1a

Lilly · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 5, 2021

Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a): “I’m taking plegridy for over 4 years now. It was the first and the only one therapy that my doctor suggested back in the time (2016) Didn’t have the mind to think for myself in the first place, like which one should I get with the less side effects etc. However, still have the flu for more than 2-3 days. The company who brings the medicine in my country was telling me from the start that I should stop it but my doctor on the other hand keeps telling me that is the best for me, because in the MRI looks the same over these years. (Besides all the painful side effects that I am experience every 2 weeks. Even my psychology is really down with this drug, got another relapse and nothing seems to feel right with this one ). Will stop taking it and switch to another one soon. Have Only bad feelings for this one. I don’t recommended it. :(”

GreekMS · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2020

Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a): “On Plegridy for MS and my side effects of flu like symptoms were rather extreme for me. First and second dose lasted for 48 hours. Third dose was the worst. Shot on Friday and fever still going on, 72+ hrs afterwards...39.6 degrees 36 hs after the shot. Doctor said I probably cannot handle it..”

Bella · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 1, 2019

Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a): “Have use three previous medicines, the Plegridy pen is really great. Every other week. I feel bad for one day a red spot. I have been using for five years”

Reyna · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2019

Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a): “My son used Plegridy and every time when medication have been injected he had severe side effects (fever, vomiting). After a while he has started to take different medicine.”

MasalaCha · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 16, 2018

Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a): “After striking out with Gilenya, I thought that I would try Plegridy. I have had no side effects, except for one time, I felt like I had the flu. I loved the once every other week injection schedule, but unfortunately I had disease progression after 20 years of having none. So, I am looking to switch to another medication.”

Rouaberouoa · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2018

Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a): “I've taken the medication 3 times, the last dosage was the full one (125 mcg). So far the symptoms are much better than Avonex. I took the Avonex drug for 6 months and had few fever like symptoms that lasted 24 hours. With plegridy, the only side effect so far is the site injection gets red and swollen for 3 weeks after the injection. So far I like the drug and would recommend it as its also bi-weekly.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2018

Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a): “Drug caused major heart issues When I had no prior heart problems. Came on 2 months into taking it. Too much for the Heart to take. I had to stop and now have major life threatening issues. This drug is not good for your heart. It literally damaged my heart.”

Terry2 December 7, 2017

Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a): “I have been on Plegridy since I have been diagnosed in 2016 so I have been on it for a year. I love the fact I only have to take it every other week. At first, the day after taking this injectable I would be down for the day. Now, the next day I am a little sour. I do get a red make on my skin where I inject myself. On the whole this med is working for me. I have not had any new lesions.”

whatsright · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2017

Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a): “I took this injection in August 2015. The side effects were horrendous, it felt like every bone in my body was being crushed stopped taking in October, never again recently been diagnosed with osteo arthritis could there be a link? Also tried avenex same symptoms.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 7, 2017

Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a): “Minimal side effects for me. I do not drink a lot of water before or after my injection. I do not take Ibuprofen. Injection site redness is my only side effect (does last for a month or more). Previously on Tecfidera, the twice a month shot is much easier to tolerate than a twice a day pill (extreme flushing on Tec.).”

CB93 May 10, 2017

Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a): “I've been taking plegridy for the past 6 months. I used to take Avonex but for me plegridy is much better since I've to take it every 2 weeks and doesn't make me feel sick or with fever.”

Learn more about Multiple Sclerosis