User Reviews for Paclitaxel protein-bound to treat Breast Cancer

Also known as: Abraxane

Reviews for Paclitaxel protein-bound

Michelle I · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 24, 2014

Abraxane (paclitaxel protein-bound): “Have just finished 12 weeks of this for Stage 2 breast cancer. After my first chemo I was told to go and buy some gastro stop for the drive home but I have been very lucky. The only side effects I have had is some aching in my thumbs but I can live with that. I am now about to start Femara for five years and reading some of the reviews and side effects a bit worried.”

Screenliz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 28, 2012

Abraxane (paclitaxel protein-bound): “This medicine saved my life! I received it weekly for 6 months.”

Anonymous May 5, 2011

Abraxane (paclitaxel protein-bound): “Helped lower tumor markers significantly when recurrence occurred. Slowed cancer growth for 6 mos before neuropathy got too bad. Did not make my wife as sick as Adriamycin/Cytoxin which was her primary treatment at first occurrence. On the downside, our insurance company, BCBS Illinois did not cover Abraxane and we were left with a $54,000 bill. Drug company eventually provided replacement drug as hardship.”

Learn more about Breast Cancer

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)