User Reviews for Abraxane

1 review 10 medications
Breast Cancer, MetastaticNot rated - Be the first1 review 32 medications
Summary of Abraxane reviews 6.2 6 reviews

Reviews for Abraxane

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband, who is 74 years old, suffers from lung and trachea cancer. He receives three Abraxane infusions in three consecutive weeks. The reaction was brutal. You could say he had all the possible side effects and then some. Almost 2 month after treatment and after two hospital admissions, one of them in Intensive Care, he still feels extremely weak. Hard to believe that a medication supposed to help you live, can almost kill you. I also want to mention the extremely high cost of Abraxane. We end up paying a deductible of $2500 and we have Humana Medicare. Three treatments cost the staggering amount of $13500."

Vicky (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Pancreatic Cancer "Very toxic to liver. Uncontrollable ascites. Damaging to nerves especially feet and hands. Didn't stop mets. Promises very little outcome. Brother died from liver failure with this drug."

Gypso (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2016

For Breast Cancer "Have just finished 12 weeks of this for Stage 2 breast cancer. After my first chemo I was told to go and buy some gastro stop for the drive home but I have been very lucky. The only side effects I have had is some aching in my thumbs but I can live with that. I am now about to start Femara for five years and reading some of the reviews and side effects a bit worried."

Michelle I (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2014

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I have been given Abraxane and Avastin together and after one treatment I had no more pain. I didn't have alot of side effects. Maybe hair loss, which was the least of my concerns. "

Penney855 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 27, 2013

For Breast Cancer "This medicine saved my life! I received it weekly for 6 months."

Screenliz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 28, 2012

For Breast Cancer "Helped lower tumor markers significantly when recurrence occurred. Slowed cancer growth for 6 mos before neuropathy got too bad. Did not make my wife as sick as Adriamycin/Cytoxin which was her primary treatment at first occurrence. On the downside, our insurance company, BCBS Illinois did not cover Abraxane and we were left with a $54,000 bill. Drug company eventually provided replacement drug as hardship."

Anonymous May 5, 2011