User Reviews for Olopatadine

Also known as: Pataday, Patanol, Pazeo

Learn more about Olopatadine.

Olopatadine Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis.

Reviews for Olopatadine to treat Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis

Pazeo (olopatadine): "Doesn't seem to last 24 hours. Looking into something to use twice a day. Maybe I'll have better relief"

Tearyeyes (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2016

Pataday (olopatadine): "This med is too expensive. It provides short term relief of burning and itching. Does not completely relieve symptoms. Compared with Naphcon A generic, it is less effective. Naphcon generic is only $10. Usually only need it in AM and lasts all day while Pataday lasts a couple hours."

Quilterlady23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

Pataday (olopatadine): "Went to my eye doctor for my yearly bout of allergic conjunctivitis, happens as soon as the trees start pollinating. Got my first prescription for Pataday and was shocked at the cost, with insurance I paid $135.00!. I really wanted these drops to work! I suffer from red, burning and itcy eyes, mild morning upper eyelid swelling. These drops never burned, they also never worked! I saw zero improvement in my eyes appearance or feeling after 4 weeks of use, they look they look and feel the same. Pharmacist thought I might be allergic to Pataday and suggested I try OTC Zaditor next, much cheaper! Very Disappointed!"

Red eyes April 24, 2016

Pataday (olopatadine): "Eyes still swollen and itchy"

Tompovo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2016

"I love this, I have a severe sensitivity to cats, and the itching gets horrible, but just a drop of Patenol in each eye and it stops. Unfortunately my insurance stopped paying for this eye drop and I can not afford it any more, hoping for a generic ."

peril (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 1, 2016

Pataday (olopatadine): "Relieved my swollen and extremely itchy eyes right away. I've been developing conjunctivitis during the worst pollen seasons--very relieved to have a fix."

Santa Cruz (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Pazeo (olopatadine): "Was prescribed pazeo from my eye doctor for allergic conjunctivitis, It does seem like my eyes are clearer, but it gives me an awful tasting drip in my throat and maybe upsetting my stomach. I've been taking the medicine for five days one drop in each eye, and was given a sample that lasted the five days. When I got the prescription I was able to use a coupon that brought the price from 190$ to 40$ .... The prescribed bottle was is literally the same size as the free sample I got!!!! It's only 5 days worth of drops and it's a 2.5ML bottle. The other thing that bothers me is what is in the drops... Boric acid??? Is this ok to have dripping into my stomach from using in my eyes? Not sure about pazeo yet...."

Unknownrelief March 2, 2016

Patanol (olopatadine): "Seasonal allergies, very bad. I have used this product now for second season, with some relief of itchy, red, swollen eyes. Works ok, not a miracle though for my itchy eyes. Since it can only be used twice a day, I supplement with other drop OTC that work almost as well. The price, I really don't understand how any 5ml bottle can be $300.00. What about the people who don't/can't afford health insurance? I hope my review is published, although it isn't a 10 review, I am hoping the cost will drop for those people who cannot afford this eye drop RX."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 14, 2015

"I have Graves Disease and Congestive Graves Opthalomopathy. My eyelids are swollen already from the congestion. I have problems with the allergens, mould, ragweed, pollen, etc and eye problems are worst. Doctor gave me sample of Pazeo to try. I used one drop in my right eye as its swollen worse all the time usually. It felt good going in but in just a bit my upper and lower eyelid were swollen double in size!!!!! Wow! guess I won't be using this again and I was so in hopes of it working for me! Good job I only tried one eye tonight and hope by morning the swelling will have subsided some."

guitargal123454 (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine): "I first tried Patanol last year. I had been crying a lot one day and my eyes felt incredibly dry and irritated afterwards. My roommate, a nurse, gave me a new bottle of Patanol (she had just been switched to another rx instead) to help my burning eyes. I had never experienced such immediate, profound relief with any OTC dry eye drops, gels, etc. for my dry eye symptoms! Now I have my own Rx, and it still works wonders for my bad dry eyes."

Mackintosh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 3, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine): "I love these drops. They really fixed my watery sore eyes. Only $5 with my insurance in Canada. Not sure how much it would be if my insurance didn't cover it but probably not too much. Life saver."

NurseKate04 June 25, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine): "ever since I can remember my eyes have always itched and every day I would rub/knuckle my eyes and I did some research to find out that rubbing your eyes everyday can result in permanent vision loss so I went to the clinic and was prescribed patanol and it has worked wonders. I am very grateful for modern medicine. A lot of people are paying an arm and a leg but I'm in the military and Uncle Sam takes car of me."

QofB May 9, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine): "It has worked wonders for my daughter but for those talking about the pricey copay I don't have insurance and it cost me $334.00 for a 5 ml bottle. Now that is what I call pricey."

kiab March 25, 2015

Pataday (olopatadine): "I have terrible allergies year round. My eyes would swell so bad that my contacts would pop out or stick to my eyelids. This takes care of my allergies at their worst. I can wear my contacts again. I haven't had any side effects. Originally, I was paying $90 for a tiny bottle but my allergist gave me a coupon that lowers the price to $25. Definitely ask about the coupon if you need Pataday."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine): "Even though Patanol is a bit pricy even with insurance (about $30), and without about $190, it's better than rubbing my eyes so hard every day and having my contacts come out from them itching so bad. It absolutely works. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 is just because it's annoying to have to wait 10 minutes to put my contacts in when I'm getting ready in the mornings as it has to be absorbed before you do."

Anonymous55 August 23, 2014

Pataday (olopatadine): "Prescribed before and after cataract surgery with good results, decreased itching, tearing, reddening, which lessened the urge to rub eyes post surgery. Only drawback for me, must be used daily or you are back to square one. Did not interfere with post surgery meds. It does have a cost factor."

group lady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2014

Patanol (olopatadine): "It is the best. It is very expensive my allergy doctor helps me by giving me samples sometimes. There a program to help."

fleming64 January 2, 2014

Patanol (olopatadine): "This has been the only eye drop ever to be calming/soothing and effective almost immediately. The only downside is that it has been expensive with insurance at $30 and then $40. "

Itchy Eyes Momma (taken for 10 years or more) September 14, 2013

Patanol (olopatadine): "My doctor prescribed this medicine for my itchy, watery and irritated eyes... indeed, it is very effective but it is also pricy."

Vic C (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 16, 2013

Patanol (olopatadine): "I'm using these eye drops, to get rid of redness, in my eyes, due to dry eye syndrome. While I do like how it works, it is way too expensive, at 45.00 a copay, and I have very good health insurance. "

D517 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2013

Pataday (olopatadine): "Had to use this 3 times per day at least. It wasn't working and I ran out of it in 2 weeks. I gave it another shot but then doctor switched me to Lastacaft, which is working better at once per day."

Bella123123 November 5, 2011

Pataday (olopatadine): "I've been using Pataday, and I developed a funny taste in my mouth (somewhat minty) and burning in my throat."

Anonymous August 15, 2011

Pataday (olopatadine): "Pataday seemed to do the trick for a few weeks, but after a month or so, I developed conjunctivitis. I thought perhaps I was sick and continued using the eye drops, but over time, my conjunctivitis worsened."

Ugh... my eyes! July 2, 2011

Pataday (olopatadine): "These drops have definitely helped with the itching, but my eyes are still red. And I've developed a sore throat and headache."

Anonymous June 30, 2011

Pataday (olopatadine): "Pataday is amazing. One little drop in each eye in the morning, and the redness goes away within seconds. Pataday definitely improves my vision throughout the day, especially during allergy season. And, you only have to wait 15 minutes before you can put your contacts in. I don't experience any side effects, except a thinner wallet."

ArIck May 31, 2011