User Reviews for Olopatadine

Also known as: Pataday, Patanol, Pazeo

Learn more about Olopatadine.

Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis 44 reviews 8 medications

7.6
Summary of Olopatadine reviews 44 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Olopatadine

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "Was so disappointed when the pharmacy informed me these were $202, luckily I only paid $30 after insurance. But, the bottle is so small it doesn't last more than a week or two. Good news is it worked, for the 1st time in years my eyes stopped burning from the moment I woke up, and relief last 8 + hours. I took before bed 1st few days, and symptoms were back by morning, so switched to doing drops in morning."

Worth the expense! (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "I started using Patanol 2x per day four days ago. Within three days my eyes looked back to normal -- no more redness. The drops seem to make my dry eyes a little bit drier and artificial tears weren't helping much, so for the past two days I've been using a 0.9% saline wash to rinse my eyes out and it has helped a lot. One thing that started when I started using Patanol: very vivid dreams! I've been using a sample bottle with 1ml. When it's gone, I may have to switch to a cheaper OTC since Patanol is so darn expensive."

Patanol user (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

Patanol (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "Been using Patanol for years and it worked great until it seemed like my eyes were getting worse. I thought I had extremely dry eye and tried an eye lubricant. After using it for little more than a day, my eyes were bad. Itchy, burned, constantly watering, blurred vision, headaches and I realized That the Patanol recently had been doing the same things. I haven't used any eye drops for about 24 hours and although I still have symptoms, I'm just carefully wiping my eyes, and cold compresses help and trying to avoid anything that strains my eyes. Like typing this. I'm really happy with the Patanol, no problems at all until recently. seeing all the symptoms of pinkeye. Patanol is the best thing to treat. I just don't want to get worse again."

TMH 6173 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 28, 2017

Pazeo (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "Here is a case of big pharma at its finest. $197 for a .5 ml bottle. Doc gave me two bottles sample. One was empty, one lasted a month. Same size. The one I purchased had TWO drops in it!! My insurance stopped covering it at the first of the year. I will never buy this again. I'm not sure it works for my condition, anyway as symptoms have not cleared up. Don't buy this."

SandiL (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Patanol (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "great"

A Naera (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

Pazeo (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "Who in their right mind (including me) keeps big pharmaceutical companies in business like this? Over rated and over priced! $66 out of pocket after insurance paid another $180.00.... Never again will I buy this garbage!"

Tina57 (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "The trick is to use it just before you go to sleep. This way it has a chance to work instead of being washed away by blinking when you are awake. It's a bit sticky when you first wake up the next morning but somehow it works magically the rest of the day."

Gesundheit September 30, 2016

Pazeo (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "These eye drops have saved my itchy watery red eyes in a matter of seconds from the first application. So thankful for this medicine it last me 24 hrs during hay fever and when the seasons and temperatures change . I only use these when i absolutely need it . The only con i would say is it can like most eye drops you get a nasty taste in your mouth due to drainage but it doesn't last that long its worth it to relieve my eyes from this torture of allergies. P.s .. i suffer from seasonal allergies , dust and i have occular itching forget the techinal fancy name for it lol . I would definitely recommend this med."

Gypsylily September 27, 2016

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "as soon as I Found and Finished this 156.00 bottle of medicine, I had the same symptoms. My eyes pain and Headache I ended up in the ER with a bill over 1500.00 (ins applied to deductable) and back with the same problem within 2 weeks. The ER Dr alone charged me 899.00 and was not participitating in my insurance plan even though the hospital that I specifically went to did. Very frustrating. Back to square one. Why are these drops SO expensive??"

singasonglorrie July 28, 2016

Pazeo (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "Doesn't seem to last 24 hours. Looking into something to use twice a day. Maybe I'll have better relief"

Tearyeyes (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2016

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "This med is too expensive. It provides short term relief of burning and itching. Does not completely relieve symptoms. Compared with Naphcon A generic, it is less effective. Naphcon generic is only $10. Usually only need it in AM and lasts all day while Pataday lasts a couple hours."

Quilterlady23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "Went to my eye doctor for my yearly bout of allergic conjunctivitis, happens as soon as the trees start pollinating. Got my first prescription for Pataday and was shocked at the cost, with insurance I paid $135.00!. I really wanted these drops to work! I suffer from red, burning and itcy eyes, mild morning upper eyelid swelling. These drops never burned, they also never worked! I saw zero improvement in my eyes appearance or feeling after 4 weeks of use, they look they look and feel the same. Pharmacist thought I might be allergic to Pataday and suggested I try OTC Zaditor next, much cheaper! Very Disappointed!"

Red eyes April 24, 2016

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "Eyes still swollen and itchy"

Tompovo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2016

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "I love this, I have a severe sensitivity to cats, and the itching gets horrible, but just a drop of Patenol in each eye and it stops. Unfortunately my insurance stopped paying for this eye drop and I can not afford it any more, hoping for a generic ."

peril (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 1, 2016

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "Relieved my swollen and extremely itchy eyes right away. I've been developing conjunctivitis during the worst pollen seasons--very relieved to have a fix."

Santa Cruz (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Pazeo (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "Was prescribed pazeo from my eye doctor for allergic conjunctivitis, It does seem like my eyes are clearer, but it gives me an awful tasting drip in my throat and maybe upsetting my stomach. I've been taking the medicine for five days one drop in each eye, and was given a sample that lasted the five days. When I got the prescription I was able to use a coupon that brought the price from 190$ to 40$ .... The prescribed bottle was is literally the same size as the free sample I got!!!! It's only 5 days worth of drops and it's a 2.5ML bottle. The other thing that bothers me is what is in the drops... Boric acid??? Is this ok to have dripping into my stomach from using in my eyes? Not sure about pazeo yet...."

Unknownrelief March 2, 2016

Patanol (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "Seasonal allergies, very bad. I have used this product now for second season, with some relief of itchy, red, swollen eyes. Works ok, not a miracle though for my itchy eyes. Since it can only be used twice a day, I supplement with other drop OTC that work almost as well. The price, I really don't understand how any 5ml bottle can be $300.00. What about the people who don't/can't afford health insurance? I hope my review is published, although it isn't a 10 review, I am hoping the cost will drop for those people who cannot afford this eye drop RX."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 14, 2015

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "I have Graves Disease and Congestive Graves Opthalomopathy. My eyelids are swollen already from the congestion. I have problems with the allergens, mould, ragweed, pollen, etc and eye problems are worst. Doctor gave me sample of Pazeo to try. I used one drop in my right eye as its swollen worse all the time usually. It felt good going in but in just a bit my upper and lower eyelid were swollen double in size!!!!! Wow! guess I won't be using this again and I was so in hopes of it working for me! Good job I only tried one eye tonight and hope by morning the swelling will have subsided some."

guitargal123454 (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "I first tried Patanol last year. I had been crying a lot one day and my eyes felt incredibly dry and irritated afterwards. My roommate, a nurse, gave me a new bottle of Patanol (she had just been switched to another rx instead) to help my burning eyes. I had never experienced such immediate, profound relief with any OTC dry eye drops, gels, etc. for my dry eye symptoms! Now I have my own Rx, and it still works wonders for my bad dry eyes."

Mackintosh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 3, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "I love these drops. They really fixed my watery sore eyes. Only $5 with my insurance in Canada. Not sure how much it would be if my insurance didn't cover it but probably not too much. Life saver."

NurseKate04 June 25, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "ever since I can remember my eyes have always itched and every day I would rub/knuckle my eyes and I did some research to find out that rubbing your eyes everyday can result in permanent vision loss so I went to the clinic and was prescribed patanol and it has worked wonders. I am very grateful for modern medicine. A lot of people are paying an arm and a leg but I'm in the military and Uncle Sam takes car of me."

QofB May 9, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "It has worked wonders for my daughter but for those talking about the pricey copay I don't have insurance and it cost me $334.00 for a 5 ml bottle. Now that is what I call pricey."

kiab March 25, 2015

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "I have terrible allergies year round. My eyes would swell so bad that my contacts would pop out or stick to my eyelids. This takes care of my allergies at their worst. I can wear my contacts again. I haven't had any side effects. Originally, I was paying $90 for a tiny bottle but my allergist gave me a coupon that lowers the price to $25. Definitely ask about the coupon if you need Pataday."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "Even though Patanol is a bit pricy even with insurance (about $30), and without about $190, it's better than rubbing my eyes so hard every day and having my contacts come out from them itching so bad. It absolutely works. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 is just because it's annoying to have to wait 10 minutes to put my contacts in when I'm getting ready in the mornings as it has to be absorbed before you do."

Anonymous55 August 23, 2014

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: "Prescribed before and after cataract surgery with good results, decreased itching, tearing, reddening, which lessened the urge to rub eyes post surgery. Only drawback for me, must be used daily or you are back to square one. Did not interfere with post surgery meds. It does have a cost factor."

group lady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2014