User Reviews for Olopatadine ophthalmic

Also known as: Patanol, Pataday, Pazeo, Pataday Once Daily Relief, Pataday Twice Daily Relief

Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis
5.2

Reviews for Olopatadine ophthalmic

Dynn · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2021

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Large box. Tiny bottle inside. It didn't work any better than other brands. Very expensive.”

Azlizard May 10, 2021

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “The tiny Pataday squeeze bottle is too small for me to use and it was pretty expensive. The space between the top and bottom is the only compressible area and is too small to be very compressible. I have managed to use it only one or twice so now I can’t return it. I’ll switch back to Opcon which is cheaper, has a usable container, and works very nearly as well. I am a 79 yr. old male whose fingers are not particularly big.”

GJ · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2021

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “It’s very weird to hear people talk about how expensive it is. On Amazon it’s $16 and at Walmart $20. It may work better for some people than others but If you have really bad allergies like I did you’d pay almost anything. I’ve had multiple eye issues and I don’t know why but Rx ophthalmic solutions are like liquid gold. $100 for .5 ml after insurance is nothing, so cost of this is minuscule by comparison and so worth it if it works”

ohyeah October 27, 2020

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I'm 83 years old and for more than 30 years I've had teary, itchy aching eyes daily. I've used many eye drops supposedly for dry eyes that some work a bit but not completely. I still would have teary eyes that just never seems to get better. With one drop of Pataday that is now in my past. One drop in each eye in the morning and no more tears, aching, itchy or dry eyes. On my third month and it continues...”

Not pleased · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2020

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “DO NOT buy Pataday. My vision has become blurry. My eyes hurt in the back of them and pressure around my sockets. It is also giving me headaches. I also wake up with redder eyes than I did before taking them.”

Anonymous September 2, 2020

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “$18.50 for .085 fl oz = $27,858.00 per gallon. OMG, that has to be THE MOST EXPENSIVE item in any supermarket, anywhere in the world. I should have felt lighter, faster and I should have been able to fly but, no profound experiences. The good news is, it doesn't take up much room in the medicine cabinet. It's just an itty, bitty, tiny droplet at a monstrous price. Try something else.”

Jewel March 30, 2020

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I suffer greatly and almost daily for itchy eyes even in off allergy season. I often rub my eyes until visually swollen and red around my eyes. About 5-minutes after applying Pataday, I felt complete itching relief. I turned to my husband and stated "where has this drug been all my life" because I had suffered from allergies for over 3-quarters of my life. I take any eye prescription daily, but it never totally rid of the itch. Worth every penny.”

KacyJan · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2020

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Wow, I cannot believe these other reviews! I think Pataday is a miracle product and maybe we have allergies different than one another, but these drops are amazing and I will continue to use them. I thought I had scratched my cornea the irritation was so bad, and I could not stop rubbing my eyes, probably making everything worse. Went to my optometrist and she did all the tests and the yellow drops in my eyes, no scratch. Yes to bumps on inner eyelid. Recommended these drops. Now, I have dry eyes on top of this but I have to tell you, my eyes feel better than they have in years after using these drops, I am on day 4. So I am a believer. I guess this all depends on what kind of allergies you have, but the regular "allergy relief" eye drops do nothing for me. I am glad I have these now.”

Autumn · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2020

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I have had horrible watery and dry eyes. And would itch and become very irritated. I had bought this hearing that it’s such an awesome medication. It worked maybe for the first week. But I’ve noticed that my eyes have actually become more sensitive and irritated. My eyelids have actually gotten really red, swollen, dry and flaky, and my eyes constantly water all day. They don’t itch anymore but it’s made everything else worse and create more symptoms. I only used it once a day in the mornings. Do not waste your time and money on buying this product. Big waste of money.”

Baldo · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2020

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “My eye doc recommended I switch to Pataday for my allergic, itchy eyes. These drops bring me zero relief. In fact, I am sitting here typing this review with an ice pack on my right eye just hoping for a little bit of relief. I wish I had read reviews before trying these drops. From what I see, lots of people share my experience”

DD · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2020

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “The eye dr. recommended this to me. I stupidly bought 2 bottles, the twice a day bottle and the once a day bottle. It does nothing. NOTHING. I've been using this stuff for 5 months now. I think I gave it the good try. No side effects. No improvement.”

Normie · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2020

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Obviously there is no longer "Truth in Advertising." Pataday is advertised on TV as One drop per day will give lasting relief. That is a total lie. When you get the package it says right on the label, "Pataday twice daily relief!" It like so many over the counter products, totally useless. It doesn't give me any relief at all. Refresh Plus and Sistane balance both do fairly well. Pataday doesn't do anything. Plus, it is way overpriced.”

Suomi · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2020

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I was told by my doctor to try Pataday for a week if my symptoms didn't go away, call to get a different eye drop prescribed. Payday didn't do anything and my symptoms persisted with no improvement whatsoever. I told my doctor and got a different Rx eye drop Pataday does not work. I'm not sure why it's even on the market!”

Mari · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2020

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Do NOT buy!! This does not work for my itchy eyes due to seasonal allergies. It actually gave me blurry vision especially when I wear my contacts. It’s a waste of money for such a tiny bottle of ineffective eye drops.”

Kaye · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2020

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Bought these on the advice of my optometrist who said I had moderate allergies as evidenced by histamine bumps under my eyelids. Ridiculous price for a tiny bottle. After first dose, I got a severe headache, stuffed up sinuses and woke up with puffy eyes. In other words the "cure" was worse than the disease. Ask for a sample before you waste your money on these overpriced overrated drops”

AA · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2021

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I have always had allergies that affected my eyes in the worst ways. Even on off season, there would be times I couldn’t even open my eyes because they’d be burning and itching. I’ve tried everything under the sun that my doctors have prescribed me and OTC. I randomly decided to pick the Extra Strength once a day version at Target after years of medications failing on me. Within minutes, I was better! No burning, itchy redness. No painful irritation. The only issue I had was everything was super blurry for me for about 5 minutes after the eye drops were put in (but I’ll take it! I’ve had worse side effects). After that, I can see clear as day with no irritation!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 14, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Seasonal allergies, very bad. I have used this product now for second season, with some relief of itchy, red, swollen eyes. Works ok, not a miracle though for my itchy eyes. Since it can only be used twice a day, I supplement with other drop OTC that work almost as well. The price, I really don't understand how any 5ml bottle can be $300.00. What about the people who don't/can't afford health insurance? I hope my review is published, although it isn't a 10 review, I am hoping the cost will drop for those people who cannot afford this eye drop RX.”

Worth the expense! · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2017

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Was so disappointed when the pharmacy informed me these were $202, luckily I only paid $30 after insurance. But, the bottle is so small it doesn't last more than a week or two. Good news is it worked, for the 1st time in years my eyes stopped burning from the moment I woke up, and relief last 8 + hours. I took before bed 1st few days, and symptoms were back by morning, so switched to doing drops in morning.”

Quilterlady23 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2016

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “This med is too expensive. It provides short term relief of burning and itching. Does not completely relieve symptoms. Compared with Naphcon A generic, it is less effective. Naphcon generic is only $10. Usually only need it in AM and lasts all day while Pataday lasts a couple hours.”

Goodbye to Itchy Eyes · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 25, 2018

Pazeo (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I have struggled with increasing allergies as I hit my mid-thirties, now 45. When my eyes were itchy it was miserable. My eyes would swell like Quasimodo, protruding and painful. One little drop in the corner of each eye and it was instantly resolved. I wait till necessary because, 1) they are extremely expensive and 2) you don't need to be mucking up your natural ability the body has to do some of its own battling and system functions (as with anything). If you need more, its likely that you are either using it in the center of your eye and its running off instead of into your tear ducts or its not the medicine for you. It burns for about a minute and then you can get back to life.”

singasonglorrie July 28, 2016

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “as soon as I Found and Finished this 156.00 bottle of medicine, I had the same symptoms. My eyes pain and Headache I ended up in the ER with a bill over 1500.00 (ins applied to deductable) and back with the same problem within 2 weeks. The ER Dr alone charged me 899.00 and was not participitating in my insurance plan even though the hospital that I specifically went to did. Very frustrating. Back to square one. Why are these drops SO expensive??”

MOJO528 October 2, 2009

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I'm 31 and have developed severe allergies over the past couple of years. My eyes are horrible, itchy, watery, burning at times. I finally broke down and went to an allergist. I am allergis to cats and dog, plus Dust Mites. Yay! I have 2 cats. She gave me a sample of Pataday, with a prescription. I have been using them everyday for 5 days, one drop in each eye in the morning. A M A Z I N G!!! My eyes are so clear, they don't itch, they don't water but a little in the morning and then I'm good the rest of the day. I haven't rubbed them in five days, they are finally starting to heal. I have rubbed them raw with all the itching. I love these drops and can't wait to fill the prescription! My miracle eye drops. Thank you!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2015

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I have terrible allergies year round. My eyes would swell so bad that my contacts would pop out or stick to my eyelids. This takes care of my allergies at their worst. I can wear my contacts again. I haven't had any side effects. Originally, I was paying $90 for a tiny bottle but my allergist gave me a coupon that lowers the price to $25. Definitely ask about the coupon if you need Pataday.”

Red eyes April 24, 2016

Pataday (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Went to my eye doctor for my yearly bout of allergic conjunctivitis, happens as soon as the trees start pollinating. Got my first prescription for Pataday and was shocked at the cost, with insurance I paid $135.00!. I really wanted these drops to work! I suffer from red, burning and itcy eyes, mild morning upper eyelid swelling. These drops never burned, they also never worked! I saw zero improvement in my eyes appearance or feeling after 4 weeks of use, they look they look and feel the same. Pharmacist thought I might be allergic to Pataday and suggested I try OTC Zaditor next, much cheaper! Very Disappointed!”

nzgirl March 21, 2009

Patanol (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Great medicine, I've been using it everyday for 5 years now, really helps to control and relieve my conjunctivitis, and it keeps the whites of my eyes clear (they used to be red/yellowish often). However, for serious cases of conjunctivitis (which hit me once a year at the beginning of summer), it doesn't really help, and you'll have to see your ophthalmologist for steroid drops. The major downside is the price. $35-40 for a 5ml bottle here in NZ.”

Unknownrelief March 2, 2016

Pazeo (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Was prescribed pazeo from my eye doctor for allergic conjunctivitis, It does seem like my eyes are clearer, but it gives me an awful tasting drip in my throat and maybe upsetting my stomach. I've been taking the medicine for five days one drop in each eye, and was given a sample that lasted the five days. When I got the prescription I was able to use a coupon that brought the price from 190$ to 40$ .... The prescribed bottle was is literally the same size as the free sample I got!!!! It's only 5 days worth of drops and it's a 2.5ML bottle. The other thing that bothers me is what is in the drops... Boric acid??? Is this ok to have dripping into my stomach from using in my eyes? Not sure about pazeo yet....”

RJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 30, 2020

Pataday (olopatadine): “I have sensitive eyes that ocassionally react to something I have used on my face or something that has made contact with my eyes via my hands. My eyes sting and get itchy and the skin around them gets scaly and dry and pulls, so it is very uncomfortable. Nothing else helps but Pataday always returns my eyes to normal within a couple days, sometimes the first day I use it. It is expensive but worth the relief I get from it.”

Tina57 · Taken for less than 1 month October 4, 2016

Pazeo (olopatadine) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Who in their right mind (including me) keeps big pharmaceutical companies in business like this? Over rated and over priced! $66 out of pocket after insurance paid another $180.00.... Never again will I buy this garbage!”