User Reviews for Octreotide

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Octreotide reviews 7.8 14 reviews

Reviews for Octreotide

justvip · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2019

Sandostatin LAR Depot (octreotide) for Carcinoid Tumor: "Is it Sandostatin?! It's impossible After about two years of dealing with HCC [hepatocellular carcinoma] , I had my first dose of Sandostatine LAR IM every 4 weeks Now I going to have my fourth dose But ... The FDG PET scan & DOTA PET scan, both showed no more of liver (3) tumors no more of (multi) bone metastasis, also lungs is clear, whole the body no lesions no metastasis. I have to wait it's impossible to believe that, grade 4 liver cancer gone I just 2 months."

LillyD · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 8, 2019

For Pituitary Adenoma: "My pituitary adenoma was growing despite use of cabergoline. My endocrinologist suggested octreotide LAR. My tumor has decreased in size, prolactin levels have also decreased. I did experience gall bladder and GI issues. But the benefits are worth the side effects."

justvip · Taken for less than 1 month April 1, 2019

Sandostatin LAR Depot (octreotide) for Carcinoid Tumor: "I have Liver cancer HCC with high level of CgA and I just started my Sandostatin LAR therapy yesterday! As I heard Sandostatin LAR Depot, is so effective and it will help to control both liver tumors and bone metastasis.. I hope so"

sickly May 3, 2018

Sandostatin LAR Depot (octreotide) for Carcinoid Tumor: "I lost weight over period this medicine was taken. I also needed to make too many trips to bathroom. I can't regain the lost weight or strength. I'm very tired. The doctor can't tell me if it helps the tumors secretion, or will I ever be right."

Beepsie · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 16, 2017

Sandostatin (octreotide) for Carcinoid Tumor: "After about 18 months of 28 day LAR injections, I started having joint and back pain. I believe this is actually fairly common. I've asked who has this on various support group web sites.... lots of people! One person had it start up after their first injection. However, more respondents had it start after a year or more. The main location of my pain is in the hips. I've been to several ortho doctors who say I do not have but a slight bit of arthritis in my hips- certainly not enough to warrant hip replacement & in the range of an average amount for my age..... the lower back pain started prior to hips. It has been deduced that the pain must be a side effect of the Sandostatin- after x-rays, bone scans, MRI's, CT-etc.. nothing looks abnormal"

SUNNY663 September 11, 2014

Sandostatin (octreotide) for Small Bowel or Pancreatic Fistula: "SMALL BOWEL FISTULA. Had a hysterectomy and my bowel was cut. Developed fistula. Had 2nd surgery by general surgeon and was developed a fistula of the small bowel after 4 resections of the small bowel. Has been a high output fistula through the incision site, at the belly button level. Octreotide did slow down the fistula output from 1350ml/24 hour period to now just a trickle (a ml or so per day). On some days the output is zero. SIDE EFFECTS have been many...burning of the throat, much hair loss, whole body rash including my face and in my hair, nausea and dry heaves. I was first on 50mcg 3 times per day and that was increased to 100mcg three times per day. That's when the hair loss and rash started."

akbraun · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 6, 2014

For Pituitary Adenoma: "I was on this once a month before surgery, I found that overall I felt better. Didn't have the withdrawal that you can get on some medicines when it's close to time for the next dosage, but felt better after. The needle is very scary, but you really don't notice it being different from other shots. Very expensive."

brauny · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2013

Sandostatin (octreotide) for Carcinoid Tumor: "I agree with the other review. This product has been a life saver for me. It has completely taken away my other symptoms. The only drawback for me is fatigue, but honestly I can live with it considering everything else that I am dealing with prior to taking this medication."

Anonymous October 31, 2011

Sandostatin (octreotide) for Diabetes, Type 1: "Great medicine. No side effects."

Anonymous October 31, 2011

Sandostatin LAR Depot (octreotide) for Diabetes, Type 1: "Great medicine. NO side effects."

Aadil December 30, 2010

Sandostatin (octreotide) for Diarrhea: "My mom is an OVCA patient undegoing chemotherapy with Docetaxes and Gemcitabine on a 3-week cycle and she had developed severe diarrhea accompanied by fever probably due to neutropenia and Loperamide/Imodium did not help her even after one week of taking it. The doctor suggested Sandostatin and after 2 doses of 100micrograms 8 hourly, the diarrhea stopped completely."

lipsofscarlett December 17, 2009

For Carcinoid Tumor: "I was started on Octreotide for 2 weeks, did not have carcinoid syndrome before taking the short acting octreotide but as I continued to give myself the injections the diarrhea began and got worse. No other complaints except of slight itching at injection site. The oncologist was having me take them to keep tumors from growing and metastasizing. She did, however, take me off of them because they were causing more problems than she thought it was worth for me."

gthomp August 10, 2009

Sandostatin (octreotide) for Carcinoid Tumor: "This medicine has been a life saver for me, nothing else worked. In a couple of days I felt improvement - no uncontrollable diarrhea. "

Anonymous September 11, 2008

Sandostatin (octreotide) for Diarrhea: "I have found sandostatin very helpfull in treating Diarrhea due to Crohn's Disease and short Bowel Syndrome"