User Reviews for Lariam

4.6
Malaria 1 reviews 41 medications

Summary of Lariam reviews 6 reviews 2.8

Reviews for Lariam

For Malaria Prevention "took Larium on a trip to Indonesia and had huge vivid excruciating nightmares each night. i never usually remember my dreams, but this trip was disturbed each night by bolting out of my bed with my heart pounding and sweat all over my body. it was a truly horrible experience. next trip I took Malarone and all was good. I met a fellow traveler in another part of Indonesia on this 2nd trip and she had the same experience with Larium that I had. I did not get Malaria but the drug side effects were not worth it to me."

skindrozzle September 20, 2016

For Malaria Prevention "Used Lariam in Zimbabwe for periods up to six weeks in country. Have taken this medication on 15 trips to Zimbabwe I have not experienced any side effects."

Tsibindi (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

For Malaria "Very bad. It is one pill a day. Got anxiety, skin rash and was not hungry. Would not recommend"

Mariefrance October 21, 2015

For Malaria Prevention "As an A-Detachment medic i was forced to use this drug for over two years straight. I was also in charge of malaria chemoprophylaxis for my team. During the loading dose my guys started complaining of weird dreams and depression. Returning from South America at least 3 out of 11 of the team guys divorced their wives. By the time I raised the BS flag and started a new preventive treatment another 3 were on their way to divorce or had separated from spouse due to depression and other issues like anger and other issues directly associated with Lariam. I wrote an extensive report and pass it along to 7th Group Surgeon but did not even get a courtesy reply. Today I walk around with multiple issues depression, other mental and physical....."

a chance to cut is a chance to September 23, 2015

For Malaria Prevention "I took this for two years whilst in East Africa. Although many people told me it was not good, I found no side effects and never have suffered from Malaria. I had regular Liver function teats and no adverse symptoms were found."

Stevepoa June 17, 2013

For Malaria Prevention "I took one of these and felt nearly suicidal within a few hours. The warning labels say if you have previously experienced "certain psychiatric conditions" then you should not take the medication. Well, those conditions include garden-variety depression which a pretty large percentage of the population has experienced. "

RolandD December 19, 2012