User Reviews for MCT

MCT has an average rating of 3.1 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings on Drugs.com. 22% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 78% reported a negative experience.

Dietary Supplementation
3.1

KayBee · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 15, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation "I took teaspoon daily for a month. Within 5 days noticed marked improvement in muscle fatigue and pain. Also rid of mental fog and weakness. Easy to take in combination with powdered supplement and managed evening fat intake. At 30 day blood testing triglycerides were back within normal range."

Radiant Red · Taken for 2 to 5 years · December 18, 2021

For Dietary Supplementation "you always make sure when you're taking MCT to start with a small dose. 1/2 teaspoon the first day, and if you have a sensitive stomach you may wanna do a half a teaspoon for the week and then in another week go up to one whole teaspoon. I think people trust stuff so fast that they don't realize when you put nutritional values in your body it will shock your system because it's used to getting junk a lot of times. When you start trying to change your lifestyle it takes time for everything to evaluate. You don't ever drink it on an empty stomach, put it in my coffee every day and I love it gives me that extra boost and a clear mind. And I can tell if I have too much. So I cut it down it's just getting your routine. And everyone is different if it doesn't seem right with your system don't take it. There's so many nutritional values that we need to be taking for health sake. Life is only once! Just use common sense. No one's making you do it you're trying something new. I hope you d'best!"

The bard · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 28, 2019

For Dietary Supplementation "Bought a very expensive powder MCT additive from one of the shopping channels by one of the doctors who is supposed to be the best. It took me 2 cups to figure out that it made me violently ill with a leftover stomachache for the rest of the day. On those days I received no benefits that I was aware of, and was feeling poorly upper bellyache most of the day and into the next day. I left weeks between trying them and it always happened immediately. Sent the whole thing back."

Deb · Taken for less than 1 month · October 9, 2019

For Dietary Supplementation "Broke out in a rash and developed a deep hacking cough as soon as I started using this supplement. Doctors could not find cause of rash but the symptoms started shortly after I began taking MCT oil regularly."

Vos02 · Taken for less than 1 month · November 10, 2022

For Dietary Supplementation "Took the recommended minimum dose of 1 teaspoon and within 20 minutes became dreadfully ill. I experienced horrendous stomach pain and started vomiting, very frightening indeed. Eventually, after few hours I suffered diarrhea and felt cold and shivery the whole night long. I still felt stomach pains the next day. Definitely would not recommend."

Ya · Taken for less than 1 month · February 10, 2020

For Dietary Supplementation "Made me extremely anxious, panic attack, I had a tsp of MCT cocoa 8 am and at 8 pm I am still a nervous wreck with nausea and dizziness, I cant wait until this is over, never taking this again!"

Rydan · Taken for less than 1 month · November 14, 2017

For Dietary Supplementation "took it for two weeks, after a week started getting sick as a dog. foul stomach, diarrhea, tired. can't wait to stop using it..."

Pat · Taken for less than 1 month · July 6, 2021

For Dietary Supplementation "I had one dose in my coffee on Saturday and it is Tuesday today and I still have a very bad diarrhea and pain on my stomach, and I can see my stomach expanded on one side, never go to take MCT again"

kim3731 · Taken for less than 1 month · October 7, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation "Beer Belly"

More about MCT (medium chain triglycerides)

Patient resources