User Reviews for Liraglutide to treat Weight Loss

Also known as: Victoza, Saxenda

Liraglutide has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 576 ratings for the treatment of Weight Loss. 69% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Liraglutide Rating Summary

7.7/10 average rating

Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Liraglutide

Bassgirl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 22, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I started taking Saxenda April 2019. I was 273 lbs, lost over 90 lbs and am still keeping it off. It is a whole different life for me. I used to avoid going down the stairs to do laundry, but now don't even think about it. We got a 66 lb dog and I walk him twice a day and get in 6000 to 10000 steps a day. I am very thankful to my P.A. for telling me about it. I really lost 1/3 of my weight. I have been off Saxenda for about a year now.”

Erica · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 5, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I’ve been on Saxenda since 1/5/21 and I have lost 40 pounds in two months! This is a miracle drug! I’ve been trying to lose weight for years now because I gained SO much weight in college. You can say I definitely gained the “freshman 50”. Once I graduated college in 2013 I tried every kind of diet from WW to Jenny Craig to diet shakes and that never worked. My mom told me about this injection and it’s honestly changed my life! I definitely recommend this injection if you have a really hard time loosing weight. I will say you definitely need to exercise for 30 minutes at least twice a week but you don’t have to do more than that. I am so happy and feel so great! I wish you all the best of luck, you won’t regret it!!!!”

Happy January 2, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I started Saxenda on Oct. 15, 2020 and have easily lost 20 pounds. I have remained on the initial dose of 0.6 because any higher dosage and I was horribly nauseous and vomiting. Most notable for anyone who enjoys cocktails and wine (not to excess) is that I have almost an aversion to this. Smaller meals, no need to snack, increased walking and I feel great. 10 more pounds to go and not in any hurry. The fact that I can achieve these results at the lowest dosage also makes me happy!”

BigSmoke999 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I started using Saxenda on June 2. I am 43 years old and my starting was 87.8kg. My height is 172 cm and I’m very athletic. For the past to years my weight started to slowly escalate from 73 kg to 87.8 kg . I’m not sure if that is due to hypothyroidism or age but in either case I wasn’t very happy because no matter how much I was working out or dieting, my would would increase . My doctor recommended Saxenda and honestly it’s been the best thing that ever happened to me. I just started my 1.2 dose and to date I have lost 4 kg (9 days) My appetite decreased dramatically, I basically drink lots of fluids ( juice and water) and bread is strictly out of the menu… I don’t crave it at all! I hope to get back to my ideal weight (70kg). I can’t wait to get my old body back ❤️. I will post another update soon”

Povi · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I'm on my 19th day. I have been on 1.2 now for 3 days I stayed on 0.6 while the nausea settled a bit. I am having some nausea still but have only recently increased the drug dose. The 2nd night I woke up at 2am and threw up, that was the only time though. The ongoing nausea comes and goes but mainly when I think about food, which isn't often these days. I'm not craving anything at all and meat is a little off putting and anything like bread or chips (carb stuff like that) is totally off the menu and I'm enjoying fruit. Having some constipation but I need to drink much more water that will fix that little issue. I am active but not overly .. maybe walking 3-4 times a week for 20 minutes ... and doing stuff around the house daily. I'm 62 and in 19 days I have lost 7kgs (15 pounds).”

CorStone · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I started using Saxenda on the 16th of June 2021. I started with 0.6mg for two weeks and then upped my dose to 1.2mg per day. I have lost 5.6kg (12lbs) thus far. I feel great, my appetite is almost non-existent. The only problem is that I still crave sugar during my menstrual cycle and I am constipated. I still have 20kg (44lbs) to go and I am hoping that the constipation and sugar cravings will dissipate soon.”

Daisymae · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2020

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I'm about 3.5 months in. No side effects after I hit the 3.0 dose. I take at night before bed. Biggest problem is dry mouth. With mask wearing I'm not sure if it's from the meds or not- but water solves it. Usually I'm under hydrated anyways so more water is needed. Appetite has shrunk. I don't clear my plate. Cravings are gone- it's so weird how it's a habit to go to the kitchen all the time. I was worried about the holidays, but breezed threw them without feeling I lost out. I believe this medicine is helping my eat less. The habit of smaller meals is one I plan on keeping. I do a protein shake for breakfast. Usually a fruit cup or yogurt for lunch. A regular dinner. I try to get 75+ protein in me a day. I also aim for tons of water. At 3 months this in this meal plan is easy and I never feel I'm starving. I started at 370. Lost 15 alone and started saxendra at 355. I'm down to 322 at the months in. 10ish pounds a month is a good steady pace for me.”

astrict1 · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I started using Saxenda 3 weeks ago. I’ve lost 13 pounds in that time. I noticed a significant decrease in my appetite in the first few days. I haven’t increased the dosage since the lowest dose seems to still be effective for me. And I haven’t noticed any side effects. As a side note, I also monitor my daily intake of calories as I have for quite some time now. But no restrictive special diet ( I eat what I like, but within a calorie budget). I only drink water and black coffee. And I exercise moderately at least every other day.”

Laura January 15, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I started Saxenda 2 months ago, I can’t get over the head aches and nauseousness I get when I take it! I lost 38 pound but feel awful. I wonder if all this misery is worth it :( I will post again when I increase my dose .”

TataHi5 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 4, 2021

Victoza (liraglutide): “I started this med for weight loss approx 6 weeks ago and I have lost 23 lbs. I am 6.1' (43 year old female). SW - 235, CW - 207, GW - 175-185. For the first two weeks I felt nauseous. I went from .6 to 1.2 and maybe could have tried to go slower? I am so thankful I stuck with it. I have real hope for the first time in years. I only wish I had known about this med sooner. It costs me $50 a month and I more then save that in food. I am indifferent to food like I never thought possible. It is amazing to go from compulsive eating to having to having to force myself to eat but that is what this med has done for me. I plan on going back down to .6 when I get closer to my goal weight. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.... go straight to your Dr and get this med.”

Jenwen · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2020

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I started Saxenda 5 weeks ago starting weight 84.7 kg now weighing 79.5 kg I have had no side affects. I feel that I crave less and my appetite is reduced my portion control is much easier. Best thing I have done.”

loopylou789 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “Saxenda worked for appetite suppressant for first 6 weeks or so then stopped working once on highest dose. However main side effect was pancreatitis caused by gallstones which I have never had before until I took this medication. Ended up hospitalised 3 times and now waiting gallbladder removal. Wish I never tried this medication as the pain it has caused I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Never been sick a day in my life and now spent weeks on and off in hospital. This is a known side effect. You have been warned!”

Bee · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I have been taking Saxenda since end of Sept 2020 - I also make sure I do 10,000 steps everyday. My appetite has decreased significantly, on 1.8mg and lost 21kgs( 46.3 pounds) haven't had any major side effects - occasionally bowel issues so surprised with all the people that have experiences. I also spoke with a Dietician in conjunction as recommended by my GP with some extra tips but quite happy with it”

Montydog12 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I have taken Saxenda for a month and lost 10kg so I am really happy. I have felt nauseous a lot of the time but not so bad that I can’t continue. I’ve had some dizziness but the benefit of losing weight out weighs the side effects.”

Girlie Girl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 6, 2021

Victoza (liraglutide): “I've lost 77lbs taking this medication. It makes me full fast and I eat such a small amount and am satisfied. I've had no ill effects. Only 4 days was I nauseous after taking the injection when my dose was increased to 1.8 but I took nausea meds for that. I don't feel deprived or anything. This medication works fabulous. I'm on a combination of topamax and metformin along with this and it's helping me lose weight. I'm very happy with the results!”

Nina · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2020

Saxenda (liraglutide): “On Saxenda for 5 days, still on 0.6mg dose. First day was horrible with side effect symptoms of nausea and stomach pain, but other than first day and occasional headaches and low energy, I am fine. I am 5' 7" and 190 lb, after five days I have lost 10.5 lb. I was a dieter for my life and my Thyroid is under active, hardly lose weight on 1200 calorie diet. Now I cannot consume more than 400 calories a day.”

Shasta April 30, 2020

Saxenda (liraglutide): “After gastric bypass surgery 14 years ago losing 110 lbs and gaining 13 back over the years, I still have 60 lbs that I have just been unable to lose. With the help of Saxenda I lost 50 pounds my first year. I started at 180 lbs and ended at 130 lbs. 10 more to go. This drug is only a tool. It isn't a miracle drug. If you continue to eat junk food and carbs, you will never lose weight. It is important to maintain a healthy meal plan and Saxenda will help with the cravings and assist in not overeating. It is also important to exercise as well. I found constipation to be an issue, but using Metamucil or a stool softener (not a laxative - as your body can become dependent upon laxatives), probiotic, and insoluable fibrous vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes and celery can help with this. I also experienced some nausea at first, but this too will pass as your body becomes accustomed to the medication. Saxenda has been a wonderful life changing tool for me.”

DJ · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I started Saxenda 2/24/21 and so far on 3/1/21 I have lost 6.2 pounds. The only side effects that I have had is headaches and fatigue. It’s not horrible for me and I’m able to continue. I’m still on the 0.6 dosage and look forward to losing an additional 29 pounds. Good luck to everyone ❤️”

Sabbydc85 June 15, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “DON'T DO IT! It’s not worth your health . I started Saxenda on May 20th 2021 at 0.6 mg and increased every 7 days I was at 2.4 mg by June 11 th and on June 13th I was admitted to the hospital with severe pancreatitis. After two ultrasounds and an MRI all the doctor could find as the cause was saxenda ! All that for a 7 pound weight loss”

C .c. April 17, 2021

Victoza (liraglutide): “I have been on Victoza for a month. I have to lose a lot of weight so I can have hip replacement surgery. 20 pounds gone. I wish I could stay on this forever. It REALLY works on curbing my appetite.”

Missi · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 12, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide): “I'm not usually one to review, but I have to share my experience of Victoza. My Dr first prescribed this to me in January (2019) starting with a 0.6mg dose. After the first month I increased to 1.2mg dose. 5 months later I am still taking 1.2mg and have not increased yet to 1.8mg. To date I have not suffered with any side effects. I can confirm that it has completely banished my sweet cravings and reduced my appetite by at least 70%. As a result, since 5 January 2019 (today is the 12 June 2019) I have lost 90.5lbs. This has been alongside a diet of 1200 calories a day, but I should add NO exercise. Also, once a week, usually Saturday evening, I allow myself some "freedom" when I eat/drink whatever I like. To summarise, taking Victoza I can easily estimate that I've lost twice as much weight in a week as what I would have by diet alone. If you're thinking of trying it, I'd say GO FOR IT - I'm so glad I did!”

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2021

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I’m 5’8 and started at 204 lbs 8 weeks ago. Currently 183 lbs. I have no side effects except constipation which is manageable and I’ve stayed at the 0.6 dose the entire time. I have no cravings at all anymore after suffering from a sugar addiction and as far as I’m concerned this is a miracle. Try it because for some it works amazingly and maybe you’re someone that it works for like me. I’m in Canada and this is covered by my insurance.”

Matty · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2020

Saxenda (liraglutide): “Love it, been on it 6 months lost 132lbs little appetite only childrens portions some days no food at all max dose no much side effects. 10 out of 10 for me”

Pamcar · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2021

Victoza (liraglutide): “I would recommend this to anyone who has had a hard time with weight loss. My weight has been up and down my entire life but now that I am older losing had become harder. I've been using Victoza for only a week and I have lost pounds. With no serious side effects at all. It just gets rid of my appetite.”

Rae · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2020

Saxenda (liraglutide): “I’m in my mid 40’s and these last couple of years I’ve found it impossible to drop the weight. Started just over a week ago. Injecting in the evening just before bed. Stopped my cravings for carbs and sugar. Not really Very hungry and very small portions fill me up. I’ve lost around 7lbs to date. It’s not magic You still need willpower and need to think about what food you are putting in your mouth and drink plenty of water. I would definitely recommend.”