User Reviews for Liraglutide systemic

Also known as: Saxenda, Victoza

Liraglutide Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Liraglutide to treat Weight Loss

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I started at 0.6 as instructed. Every week I increased by 0.6. My pen ran out by the third week so I needed a second one before reaching the full dose of 3.0. The cost with the discount card is $50, plus $30 for 90 needles. I’m tracking my meals with LOSE IT (app), weighing every Saturday and, doing Bikram Yoga 2-3 times a week. I started at 177.4 three weeks ago and weighed 173 this morning. I eat 1200 to 1300 calories and I AM SO FULL (just with the 1.2 dose) but could do 1400 calories easily on the 0.6 dose. I highly recommend limiting COFFEE, CARBONATED DRINKS, or RICH/SPICY foods. I am extremely uncomfortable or even vomit/experience extreme diarrhea if I eat as I am accustomed. At 5’6” I feel best at 144 lbs. After several consecutive life stressors I gained 40 lbs in the course of three years. Saxenda is THE ONLY COURSE OF ACTION to assist me with chronic cravings and feelings of hunger or deprivation."

Jax November 29, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I lost 45lbs and have been on this drug for 6 months. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism Hashimoto auto immune disease. Started weight 190 and new weight 145."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

"I'm going into my 6th week tomorrow, max dose. I'm down 24.8 pounds. I have the constipation and nausea. I feel full all the time tho. I've made better choices and added a little exercise."

Christy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "Well this is my 3rd and final update. I had to leave the saxenda alone. I was on it a year and a half. Lost 75lbs. Well I was experiencing stomach pains which end up getting so bad I had to go to emergency. I had gallstones and mild liver damage. Jaundice the whole 9 yards. Caused by saxenda. These were one of the RARE side effects and I was one of the lucky people to experience it. I spent a total of 10 days in the hospital. The end of September and the month of October was rough for me. My liver enzymes were off the charts. I am ok now, gallbladder removed and liver enzymes are back to normal. So I'm letting you guys know this so that you are aware. Have your doctor check your liver enzymes and make sure you're good. I hate to have to leave it alone because it worked well but I need my liver. Good luck and get your blood checked (liver enzymes) from time to time."

Dee313 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide): "I took this injection for the first time just before going out for lunch. After returning home, my stomach started churning. I became nauseated and started vomiting for the next 24 hours. I thought I had food poisoning. It took 48 hours to recover. I then took the Victoza again and had the same symptoms. I was unable to hold down food, water or my blood pressure medicine for 48 hours. I remained nauseated for a week after that. I called my doctor who said stop taking it. I threw it away."

Tig2 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "Just started yesterday. headache and bloating today. It's early in know. I will keep reporting .."

steve (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide): "I started on Victoza a little over 3 weeks ago, at 5'5", 197 lbs. I am at the 1.8 dosage. I've lost ~5 pounds. I am active and am on Weight Watches but have been unable to lose weight for over 9 months until I started Victoza. I've had some side effects; elevated BP and a bit of a consistent headache (I'm trying to counteract this by eliminating caffeine, increasing water, reducing anti-inflammatory meds) and tiredness. However, the decrease in appetite is a welcome relief!"

CAI (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I’m a 44 year old 5’3” female. I started saxenda last week at 233 lbs and today weighed at 227. I have been amazed to watch 1.5 - .5 lbs go every day. My appetite isn’t 100% gone but when I start to eat I can’t finish anything! Before this drug my appetite was insatiable. I’m not really having any side effects other than not being hungry. On day 3 I decided to go ahead and increase from .6 to 1.2. I was tolerating it fine and and am desperate for results. Right now this seems like a miracle."

Sly1974 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide): "Was on it 4 months before it stopped working. I was on 1.2 for 2.5 months and then 1.8 for 6 weeks. I had insulin resistance but was not pre-diabetic when I started it. I lost 30lbs and was full on 1500 calories a day. Given my level of activity, I should have only lost about 18-20lbs. Magical stuff."

Cat (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide): "Started trial of Victoza from Dr. He wanted to check side effects before prescibing Saxenda. Lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks. BUT, insurance denied coverage for Saxenda so back to Dr. Second request for authorization and gave me another trial of Victoza. Insurance denied Saxenda again. I registered for the Saxenda prescription savings card and today went to my pharmacy $1021!!!! Talking to pharmacist he recommended getting script for Victroza bc insurance likes the price. Approved and my co pay is $25! I do get nausea when I increase dose, it doesn't last. Dry mouth bad first few weeks but helped me be motivated drink water. Diarrhea, yes rotating with constipation. Food doesn't appeal to me. Often don't eat dinner or just a few bites. LOT of fatigue. Heartburn mild but I think its bc I forget to eat and my stomach is empty. BOTTOM LINE.... love this for weight loss. SIde effects aren't perm. I'm losing weight. BEST part? I figured out how to get insurance coverage!!!!"

Hopeless (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I have started Saxenda the first day I had no appetite taking it but the second-6th day I am eating as I normally would. I’m trying to eat healthier but it isn’t suppressing my appetite. I just feel the same as normal I tried upping my dose today from 0.6 to 1.2 but still just felt the same way I would not if I was not on Saxenda and had my normal appetite. I'm not sure if this is me being able to tolerate it I’m worried it won’t work as I am not feeling the appetite suppressing benefits:("

Smithyo99 (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide): "I started on Victoza 11 days ago. I'm 36 years old, 5'10, I weighed 210. I'm down to 200 right now. So 10lbs gone. I had tried other diets such as keto and weight watchers. They would work for a bit but with my schedule they were hard to stick to. I also have PCOS. This drug has taken all those cravings for sugar away. I eat now not out of joy but out of necessity. I am not restricted. That was always my biggest downfall with other weight loss programs. I started on .6 for one week. I'm on 1.2 now. Saturday I'll go up to 1.8. I haven't had many side effects. Just nausea if I haven't eaten before my shot and if I have a big bunch of sugary foods. Lack of appetite is considered a side effect, but that's why I'm taking it so I don't list it. I have Medicare and they would not cover Saxenda but didn't have issue with Victoza."

MRB (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I've been on it a week. I took the advice of many here and I dose at night, before bed. The only side effect I can say I've had is a funny taste in my mouth every now and again. Don't know that will change once I up the dose. I've lost a pound at the lowest dose. Had a small breakfast this morning and at about 6, I realized I had completely forgotten to eat again. Looking forward to losing more and am confident I will."

Ginjer (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I started Saxenda Friday 12, 2018 and I am having some horrible side effects that I ended up calling my pharmacist to see if these symptoms get better over time. severe gas indigestion acid reflux (which woke me up in the night almost throwing up) nausea I haven't noticed much of an appetite change yet, but then again I probably can't seem to get passed the other symptoms to notice the others. I was told that the symptoms will improve over time, I just hope before I give up, I am pretty miserable right now. I will keep you posted on my progress. I am very fortunate that both of my insurances paied 100% on Saxenda so I hope I can make it through the symptoms."

Welb98 (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I lost 20 kilos through just walking everyday. When I got down to 72 kilos, I couldn't seem to move anymore weight. I had also been diagnosed with severe arthritis in my R hip and sciatica in my L hip and leg, (excruciatingly painful!!), so I was unable to walk at all. I had been booked in for a tummy tuck and my surgeon said it would be a good idea to lose another 10 kilo before the surgery. That's when my GP suggested I give Saxenda a go, and I LOVE it. I lost a further 5.5 kilos in the first month, and an immediate loss of appetite. The only side effect that I've really noticed is constipation, (I would have preferred the diarrhoea) . I do not take the recommended dose, I toggle between 1.2 and 1.8, but mainly stick to 1.2. I find anything higher than that tends to cause slight nausea. I have my tummy tuck in 3 weeks time. I'm sure I will lose the full 10kilos by then. The drug is very costly, $378 Australian."

gloriavstar October 15, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I started this medication 5 days ago, I am 39 years old and was 268lbs, I weighed this morning and I am 259: I’m thinking it’s working, I have a reduced appetite and am choosing better foods. Keeping portions smaller. Today my tummy is feeling a constant hunger so I’m not sure what that’s about. I have eaten today, perhaps it’s just catching up from all the calorie reduction for the past week. Anyhow I’m excited to continue to see results. Good luck everyone. In the end we are our own advocates. Be honest to yourself."

PamelA (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide): "I've used Victoza for 14 months at a max dosage of 1.8 mg. It has allowed me to loose 65 lbs and I continue to loose at a rate of about a pound every 10-12 days."

Maria (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 11, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I have been on Saxenda for almost 2 weeks and I've lost 10 pounds without exercise. It has made me feel full and really not even think about food. A couple of evenings I had to make myself eat something. I take Saxenda in the morning and have had no side effects whatsoever. Will start 1.8mg in 3 days."

Jules (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I’ve been using Saxenda for three weeks now and it’s totally working... it completely has killed my appetite and I’m down 10 lbs, 20 lbs to go. I have to make myself eat. Are others experiencing the same? Also has it curbed your intake of alcohol? All in all I’m super pleased but would definitely like to get some of my tastebuds and love for food and wine back! Also for anyone weaning off, did you have any issues? Thanks all and good luck with your weight loss goals!"

Vancouvergirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I have lost weight so far. I've been on it about a month, and I have lost 12 pounds. But the diarrhea is awful! I can't eat without getting it. There some days I purposefully don't take it so I can eat the next day, but even then. There has to be a bathroom in site at all times if I choose to eat. I get stabbing pains as well after eating. I've talked to my doctor, she said the only thing to do is quit taking it if I choose to. I'm going to take it for a little longer to see how much more I can loose, then quit."

Kat October 6, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I started on Saxenda 3 weeks ago and I have lost 11 pounds! I have increased my dose each week and currently on 1.8 the first week I had no appetite at all and I had to force myself to eat, I have minimal side effects headaches being one and dry mouth. I have found that in 3rd week I feel a bit more hungry but have all but eliminated all snacking especially at night. I will update again."

Pina (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I started at 300lb ,5”4, 3 weeks ago. I am now at the dose 2.4 I still have the acid reflux. I get a lot of chills but nothing major. I am tolerating it well. I finally went to Walmart and weighed myself. I have lost 7 lbs but I think it’s wrong my underwear are not rolling down over my rolls anymore and my stomach is smaller. I can visibly see I am smaller especially in my face and chest I am happy with the results."

Dinky (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide): "I am 37 years old, 5'5". My starting weight on September 20, 2018 was 233.7lbs. I have had 3 femoral and tibial osteotomies over the last 3 years. This is has made exercise very difficult and extremely painful. Hence the recommendation of Victoza by my Physician and Surgeon. Since starting 8 days ago at 0.6mg I have lost 11.5 lbs bringing me to 222.2 lbs. I increased to 1.2mg yesterday. I feel very successful. Symptoms- They haven't been unmanageable but sometimes more noticeable than others. Dry mouth, weird feeling tongue, nausea, heartburn, and lack of appetite. But, I've found peppermint tea helps with all of the symptoms. I'm going to keep going to reach my goal of 80 lbs lost."

Kaykes (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "Today is day one on 1.2mg. It’s day 7 on the pen total. I’m down 14lbs. total. I’m 5’00”. Starting weight was 251lb. Currently 237lb. The only side effects I’m having are headaches. I’m eating smaller meals and much cleaner than I have in years. I have not had a soda in 2 weeks and no cravings for it. No bread since I’ve started and no sweets. Next week I will be begin working out. Anyone have any suggestions to cure the headaches?"

Chrissy (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide): "So far I’ve been on saxenda since 9/20/2018 and today is 9/28/2018 (day 2 on the 1.2 Dosage). In 9 days I’ve lost 10 pounds without exercise. So far no symptoms besides being really tired. I take the shot at 6 am every morning. So far I’d recommend. My appetite is pretty much gone!! I want to lost 20 more pounds with saxenda."

Aliyah (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...