User Reviews for Liraglutide to treat Weight Loss

Also known as: Victoza, Saxenda

Liraglutide Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Liraglutide

Saxenda (liraglutide): "Was fortunate enough to have Saxenda issued to me through compassion care, I lost in 6 months 70lbs, was grateful and due to other health issues I had a setback and all that was lost came back. I would love to get back to my ideal weight just trying to figure out an affordable price, and to ask if there is a long term supplemented subcutaneous maintenance. I'd like to thank you for finally having a product that works, hope one day it can be affordable ."

Wolfdancer (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I'm starting my 4th day on Saxenda. I feel great. I don't have any side effects. I am totally not hungry. I have energy I love this medication. I used to always be hungry and now I barely eat. I am on the 0.6 dose and day 4 I've lost 4.2 pounds. I will keep updating"

Stephanie C (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I have been using Saxenda for 2 weeks and have lost 9 lbs. No side effects at all. Love it"

happyincanada (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide): "I’ve been on Victoza a week now. I want to lose 30 pounds and am always one to get side effect. The bad ones. I’m just starting out on the lowest dosage and it’s 0.6, then each week I’m suppose to move up if needed. Honestly I don’t want to as it’s working at this low dosage for me and nothing ever works. It took my sweet craving right away. I have no side effects at all and I’m not hungry. I make sure to eat my healthy meals like protein after working out and lots of greens. Staying away from carbs cuz they make me feel like garbage anyways. I do find I’m thirsty a lot which is good to increase my water. I’ve lost 6 pounds this week and I know at least 4 ish is water. I did get sick in the beginning I felt like I had extreme heartburn and threw up. What surprised me is it was the meal from the day before. So it shows you it really slows down what it digests."

Sara99 June 5, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide): "I've been taking Victoza for 10 weeks so far started on the lowest dose upped it to 0.6 when went to my dr. She weight me and measured my waist I was down 8 pounds and 2 inches. While I was at the drs on May 7 th she upped it one. I go back to see Dr again July 15 th. I take the injection between 5:30 and 6:00 at night and no side effects"

Jeannette June 2, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide): "Been on Victoza since April and have dropped 16lbs in 7weeks. I increased my dose a bit slower to get used to the medication and am now at 1.8 for 2.5 weeks. I've had a few of the common side effects, but I don't find them terrible. Overall, it's been worth it to me. Dr. is letting me stay on it until I reach my goal or it doesn't work anymore. He said we can increase my dose again if needed. Right now I'm happy losing 1 to 2 lbs a week. I'm so relieved to have something that is helping me. I'm not as hungry, I get full faster, I don't have such a sweet tooth, and I feel great."

Sky (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I had great results the first time I used it and had lost close to 15 pounds. Now I’m on it again and it’s a totally different experience as far as side effects, my muscles are sore and aches that I don’t want to do anything. I think I will just try these apple cider vinaigrette capsules I just purchased. I can’t deal with the Saxenda side effects. And also once you stop the weight can come back on slowly... have to start over again with something else. Wasn't for me this time around . But good luck, everyone is different."

Steph938 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "So my experience has been very good with this medication. I am 56 years old, have hypothyroid and pre-diabetic and my weight seemed to continuously increase over time. I am active but was having no success with any attempts to lose weight even when altering my eating habits. I started on Saxenda on March 15th and now just over 2 months I have lost 21 lbs. My weight was 183lb and my goal is around 155 or whatever feels right. I have focused to continue the healthy lifestyle with exercise and healthy eating. I also stopped drinking wine which was an adjustment for me but worth it with good results. The only side affect is I do feel tired. I have boosted by B12 and VitD, hopefully that will help. Oh and I increased my water intake in a big way - very important! Hope this helps!"

Wendy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide): "I'm pm Victoza to help me loose weight I feel very good I’ve lost 16 lbs so far I feel the best in 10 years"

Gaga May 21, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide): "I'm 56 years old and was at 285lbs 5'8". My history is I have had full thyroidectomy due to cancer, spinal disc disease, high blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides,& had also bladder cancer. My food intake is low 40 carb & under 1,200 calorie diet ,walk 3 miles daily. I'm on Victoza 0.6 once day and the weight I lost was 10lb's. My side effects include constipation which is the main issue, and I also mild nausea for the few days. My blood pressure meds where cut in half, no need for cholesterol meds, nor prescript omega 3 for high Triglycerides. Anyway I feel great, I sleep better going up to 1.2 dose next week. 100% total success worth it all so far. You must drink a lot of water that's only thing - I drink a lot of water and eat lots of fiber from vegetables. I recommend Vicoza treatment. I have medicare and tricare for life covers"

Angel May 18, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I've been on Saxenda a little over a month to loose weight and I've lost almost 15 pounds, which I'm happy about, but most of it has been due to the side effects - nausea, heartburn, and diarrhea. The feeling of hunger is gone and replaced with daily nausea, so that I have to remind myself to eat. The diarrhea and excessive gas that has produced loud, uncontainable belching have made me reluctant at times to eat at all, so as not to have to bolt for a bathroom while chaperoning a field trip, for example. I am extremely nauseated and sleepy in the afternoon, which I haven't experienced since pregnancy (14 years ago!). I have both Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Irritable Bowel Syndrome which have complicated my dietary choices while on this drug. I am exercising regularly and trying to make good food choices. Despite the side effects, I'm planning on staying on this drug for another month or so in hopes that the side effects will eventually subside."

Polythane May 16, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide): "Marie again. Well I'm on my 4th week of Victoza and so far I've lost over 10lbs. I take my shot every morning at 9am and the nausea is only at its worse the hour before my next shot. Taking a shower helps with this. I've been smoking cigarettes a lot less and eating way less than I used to too. Fatigue is often but manageable. No other side effects. I'll keep doing Victoza for another month to see what results I'll get."

Marie (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I have been on this Saxenda for 3 weeks and I am at 1.8 mg per injection. No really big side effects so far, besides not being hungry most of the time. I have to make myself eat to get in at least 1000 calories. I have lost 12 lbs so far and I couldn't be more thrilled. It also takes away my cravings for sweets. Highly recommend."

Mel (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I started Saxenda in early February. Initially the nausea and fatigue made me wonder if it was all worth it but after losing 7 pounds the first week I decided to stick it out. The best part, I have zero sugar cravings. My first month I drank vegan smoothies and small amounts of veggies and grains because that was all I could tolerate. I lost 30 pounds in three months. Every week when I would increase the dose per directions I would have three to four days of horrid nausea and fatigue. I had to force myself to eat or drink anything. About 3 weeks into the treatment I started burping like a frat boy beer bonging. They stunk too. Painful and embarrassing. Stool softener will address the constipation but be careful that can turn to the opposite on a dime. I also added a probiotic to help with regulating. Now that its been about a month or so on the full dose I am getting used to it and I am functioning near normal. Bottom line: This drug in like gastric surgery in a needle."

Lotta Wanna May 13, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "One week on Saxenda completed and I have lost 2.2kg. Have used my reduced appetite to help make slightly better food choices (salads, porridge, bananas etc) though I haven’t had to make huge changes as I eat relatively well. The only side effect I have noted is constipation, but other than that no side effects whatsoever. Worth noting that I have been diagnosed with MODY (mature onset diabetes, not type 2) and this is a treatment option that some researchers recommend for MODY as opposed to me taking it as a pure weight loss treatment, so I don’t know if this changes the way that it works with my body."

Jay (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I have been on the Saxenda for a month now. I have been working out and eating better but still have my appetite and feel hungry. I also for the past couple of weeks experienced dizziness, nausea and my BP dropped to 98/60 at work last week. I have stopped taking it to see if this is the cause of my low BP."

Trying May 6, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I am 65 and weigh 189lbs. My weight has slowly increased over the years and spent a lifetime on one diet or another without success. Last check up my blood sugar was up as was my cholesterol and my BMI tells me I'm obese "

Purpledragonfly (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide): "I have been using Victoza for 3 weeks. I followed protocol exactly to increase dosage to 1.9. I've lost 10 lbs, but the side effects are so severe it's not worth it. I have alternating constipation and diarrhea with painful cramping. I am nauseated all day with little appetite. Most food tastes terrible so I am eating very little. I also feel tired with little energy all the time. I've tried taking Victoza in the evening, but nothing seems to help. I'm pre diabetic but I think I may have to try something else."

MarMar (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide): "I'm currently on day 3 of using Victoza for weight loss. First day went great; no side effects. Day 2 I had nausea and fatigue. Today, I feel great. My appetite has been practically non-existent the past 3 days and I love it. I force myself to eat dinner though. I'm drinking more water than usual and my smoking habit is decreasing drastically as well. I'll continue to post with my weight loss updates. I have high cholesterol but no other health issues. 3 days ago I was 196lbs, 5'5". I'm hoping to drop at least 20lbs. State medical covered my costs for pens and needle tips."

Marie (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide): "I started Victoza for weight loss and appetite control. As everyone, I started 0.6, 1.2 and I wanted my max to be 1.8. I’ve lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks with the use of the pen and dieting. It does control my cravings and appetite but not to the point where I have zero appetite. First week I had some mild generalized body aches and felt tired but it didn’t intervene with my day to day life. Second week, a couple episodes of nausea - nothing drastic. Third week, a couple dull headaches and still slightly tired. At baseline I have constipation issues so difficult to say if this drug is contributing to that. I will say my nausea is worse when I exercise. I’ll feel fine before, then exercise and I’m nauseated the rest of the day - again it’s manageable. I take the injections each morning. All in all it’s working well for me although I’m always paranoid and on the lookout for further symptoms of more serious issues but this will not be a long term drug for me."

Amandalb (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I have been on Saxenda for 6 days now. First - 3rd day I felt like I had no appetite. Not sure if this was just in my mind or not. Day 5 more of an appetite and hungry. Today I ate quite a bit of chocolate and don’t feel too ill. Scared that I will be able to eat more and this won’t work. Can anyone relate??"

Sky April 21, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "Saxenda takes the hunger away and helps you manage your weight, nausea happens when I eat food I shouldn’t be eating. It’s expensive but the weight loss is really incredible!"

James April 15, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I have been on Saxenda for 10 days and am following the dosing exactly as prescribed so I am 3 days into 1.2. Insurance covered most of the cost. I haven't experienced nausea, burping, or any of the other symptoms I have seen described. But I have a complete loss of appetite. I am 53 years old, female, 5 foot 2 inches, and started at 179 pounds. When I weighed myself a few days ago, I was down to 172. I have, however, experienced a sadness over the complete loss of joy in eating. I don't know if that makes sense, but it is a struggle for me. I can't even imagine eating chocolate, soda, or anything "bad" for you."

Mrs.D (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I started Saxenda 3/22/19. I am 5'3" 44 years old and starting weight was 162.4. I workout 5-7 days per week and eat a very healthy diet. My metabolism just hasn't been working in my favor so I reached out to my NP and got started on Saxenda. To date, I have lost 7.8 pounds in ONE WEEK!!! I do get some headaches, fatigue, thirsty all the time and had 2 days of nausea without vomiting. I find eating a rice cake with peanut butter first thing in the morning coats my stomach and then small meals throughout the day to keep the nausea away. I am very pleased with results thus far and am looking forward to more weight shedding off. I increased my dose today to 1.2 mg. I am an RN and a huge promoter of exhausting all options first, like eating a healthy diet and exercising. Saxenda is best, in my opinion, for people who work hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle and just need a boost."

L (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide): "I have used saxenda for a week with no side effects whatsoever Lost 5 lb and was feeling great Upped my dose to 1.2 and the nausea and fatigue jumped in Feeling terrible once feeling ok will revert to 0.6 dose"

Suky (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2019