User Reviews for Linezolid to treat Bacterial Infection

Also known as: Zyvox

Reviews for Linezolid

Zyvox (linezolid): "Have had both the IV and oral versions of this antibiotic. At the hospital, I had two different antibiotics before Zyvox and both worked much better from a subjective point of view. My Cellulitis was quickly healing with the previous antibiotics. When I was switched to Zyvox, the healing seemed much slower on the IV and the oral. I have no idea what to eat and am fearful of an adverse reaction. I was blown off by the hospital doctor when I mentioned I thought it was not working as well. Why would anyone use this drug?"

Ron (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

Zyvox (linezolid): "It didn't work as fast as I thought it would. Very expensive! $3,600 Made me feel very sleepy and tired . I could sleep all day!"

Melh9 (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

Zyvox (linezolid): "I was prescribed this generic for a raging infection contracted when I had a small surgical procedure done on my finger. Within 24 hours of the procedure, my finger was inflamed and throbbing. Keeflex was first prescribed and another 24 hours later was determined it had not touched the infection. So, I was given Zyvox. It totally eradicated the germ I had contracted. I did have some bothersome side effects, mostly with my stomach just not feeling right. Later in the second week, my tongue turned brown, but no other problems. I was very tired most of the time, and could not decide if it was the med or the infection."

Sunshine Panky (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2015