User Reviews for Ketotifen ophthalmic to treat Conjunctivitis, Allergic

Also known as: Zaditor, Alaway, Claritin Eye, Refresh Eye Itch Relief, Visine All Day Eye Itch Relief, Eye Itch Relief Thera Tears Allergy Eye Itch Relief

Ketotifen ophthalmic has an average rating of 7.2 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Conjunctivitis, Allergic. 69% of those users who reviewed Ketotifen ophthalmic reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Ketotifen ophthalmic Rating Summary

7.2/10 average rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Conjunctivitis, Allergic.

Reviews for Ketotifen ophthalmic

ddsdoc · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 17, 2021

Alaway (ketotifen): “I started using Alaway then eye doctor suggested Zaditor. I’m back using the Alaway as it works much better for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 20, 2020

Alaway (ketotifen): “Alaway is amazing. So happy I found this product.”

Joseph-rat · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 13, 2020

“It is around 80% effective I am very allergic to mold spores and minor allergic to grass so It is a year round condition. I have tried others such as Opatadine which gave me allergic reaction and >Azelastine which doesn't last longer than 4 hrs. This one is effective most of the time except during high spores count in the air and windy day when I need to use it more than twice a day for it to keep my allergy at bay. It did dried out my eyes a bit but than can be fix with an eye drops.”

Anonymous May 7, 2008

Zaditor (ketotifen): “Very helpful. I am mostly allergic to tree pollen (oak, birch). Stings a bit and causes lots of tears after application but it goes away within minutes. Took a day or so to become really effective - I started at the peak of the allergy season. I feel like a new person!”

xdunlapx · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2013

Zaditor (ketotifen): “I woke up today with severe stinging in my eyes and tears rolling down my face. I knew it was allergies but I rarely get allergy eyes this bad. In fact I've only had allergy eyes twice in the past 10 years (and today was the second occurrence). Dad went out and bought Zaditor for me (after I researched eye drops to buy, which was after I flushed my eyes with a lubricant drop) and I put them in and within 5 minutes my eyes were perfect! I started noticing stinging again about 10:40pm tonight and put them in again and now my eyes are great again. I love this eye drop! I did not feel any burning or stinging or any other side effects when using these drops. This was the first day of using any allergy eye drop, so I didn't know what to expect.”

turtle6554 February 20, 2011

Zaditor (ketotifen): “My eyes were so itchy and uncomfortable! I tried Zadator and immediately felt relief. After several days use, dosing once in the morning and once at night, my eyes feel normal again. Even though Zaditor only contains an antihistimine (unlike Visine Allergy) my eyes are no longer red and scratchy feeling. It's so nice to find something OTC that works!”

Kellz314 March 4, 2018

Zaditor (ketotifen): “I had continuous allergic conjunctivitis, I thought it was mascara... kept switching brands and types of mascara. After a year of three month intervals of conjuctivitis... Went to eye doctor, gave me Pazeo (olopatadine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution 0.2% ) . He said I just started having bad reactions to the contacts themselves rubbing up against my eyelids. That Pazeo That stuff worked instantly, didn't wake up with crusty or swollen eyes. He told me after the Pazeo drops continue with 2x day Zatidor drops. OMG they were awful. As soon as they went in my eyes were burning.. The intense burning sensation did subside after 5 min. But it was awful burning. . At 30 min still stinging. I had scratchy feeling eyeballs ( they were totally dried out) the rest of the day. I had awful taste in my mouth also. Tried it again in the EVENING. same thing.. Next morning I woke up and my eyes were really puffy like above my eyes I had the puffy upper eyelids setting over my eyeball.”

VJ Sing February 28, 2018

Zaditor (ketotifen): “Started using it first day it helped had a little burning, second day eyes were red eye lids upper and lower itched, burned, redness and swelling around both eyes. Runny nose along with a cough came on day 3. Went to eye doctor and told to stop using, he prescribed another drop that had steroid in it.”

Tayv · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 22, 2013

“In my experience, this medication works where no others did. Fast relief of allergy-related eye burn, itch and watering. In my case, the soothing began almost immediately, and within 4 minutes there's no irritation at all. Wonderful stuff. With no side effects (for me).”

ZYXWV February 12, 2018

Zaditor (ketotifen): “I developed red, swollen eyes as a result of using Zaditor, an apparent allergic reaction to its ingredients. I later tried a similar and cheaper store brand, and had the very same reaction. Comparing both "active ingredients" both listed Ketotifin Fumarate as such. I do not react to Opcon which does not contain this ingredient (but my store stopped carrying it).”

Swany June 21, 2010

“My eyes itched, stung, and teared constantly all-year-round to the point I saw an eye doctor. He diagnosed me with "dry eye" and recommend various dry eye drops prescription and not that did not work except very slightly. Apparently "dry eye" was not a correct or complete diagnosis. Months later a friend with allergy's recommended Claritin Eye. I took only one dose (one drop per eye) which stopped the symptoms almost immediately and the symptoms have not returned since (it has been four days so far). I am very happy now. ”

Anonymous May 19, 2010

“I started using Ketotifen last year when my eyes were dripping so bad from allergies. I couldn't stand it and had to go to the doctor. I use it once a day when its allergy season and my eyes have not annoyed me since. It's really good! I should have bought some years ago.”

Ceecee · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2018

“I just started Ketotifen yesterday. Not the best eye drop for me. Ever since I used it I've been having way more discharge than I did before using it. I do like the fact that it made the redness in my eyes go away although I still have it. The redness went away a little bit and I am able to see a little better. As a result I still might switch it to a different brand in a couple days.”

Bobby · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 9, 2019

Alaway (ketotifen): “Marvellous. One drop of Alaway relieves the itching and pain. It is all I use now during allergy season.”

derp June 15, 2018

Zaditor (ketotifen): “Works when my eyes aren't too bad, but when my lids are swollen, it stings and doesn't work. I got Bepreve instead and that helps without stinging.”

I had itchy watery eyes when I May 23, 2016

“My doctor recommended this medicine and it works right away no stinging or burning I suffered from allergies for years and this is the best medicine I've ever used for my eyes”

Snertzelmousekin · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2016

“Lightheaded, dizzy when turning turning quickly or bending over”