Zyrtec Itchy Eye Prescribing Information
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Mar 27, 2023.
Indications and Usage for Zyrtec Itchy Eye
Temporarily relieves itchy eyes due to pollen, ragweed, grass, animal hair and dander.
Do not use
- if solution changes color or becomes cloudy
- if you are sensitive to any ingredient in this product
- to treat contact lens related irritation
When using this product
- do not touch tip of container to any surface to avoid contamination
- remove contact lenses before use
- wait at least 10 minutes before reinserting contact lenses after use
- replace cap after each use
Stop use and ask a doctor if you experience any of the following:
- eye pain
- changes in vision
- redness of the eye
- itching worsens or lasts for more than 72 hours
Zyrtec Itchy Eye Dosage and Administration
- Adults and children 3 years of age and older: Put 1 drop in the affected eye(s) twice daily, every 8-12 hours, no more than twice per day.
- Children under 3 years of age: Consult a doctor.
Storage and Handling
- Only for use in the eye.
- do not use if outer package is torn or opened
- Store at 20° - 25°C (68° - 77°F) [See USP Controlled Room Temperature].
benzalkonium chloride 0.01%, glycerol, sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid, and water for injection
ketotifen fumarate solution/ drops
|Labeler - McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc. (878046358)|
More about Zyrtec Itchy Eye Drops (ketotifen ophthalmic)
- Compare alternatives
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: ophthalmic antihistamines and decongestants