User Reviews for Iron polysaccharide to treat Iron Deficiency Anemia

Also known as: Ezfe, Ferrex-150, Ferus Pic-150, Iferex 150, Niferex Elixir, NovaFerrum 50, Nu-Iron 150, Poly Iron, ProFe

Iron polysaccharide Rating Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 70 medications used in the treatment of Iron Deficiency Anemia.

Reviews for Iron polysaccharide

Poly Iron (iron polysaccharide): "no side effects, no interactions, twice a day . I take this after having open heart surgery"

Emerald451 September 17, 2017

ProFe (iron polysaccharide): "Was prescribed ferrous sulfate because I was feeling tired and weak also I don't eat very well. Anyway, I couldn't stand the constipation and nausea I was getting from the ferrous sulfate and quit taking it. They also wanted me to take it 3 times a day....what? When I returned to my Doc he gave me ProFE and what difference it made! I only take it once a day and feel wonderful! My numbers are coming up and I don't feel weak and tired. ProFe cost me around $10 and it is worth it."

The More September 16, 2016

Niferex (iron polysaccharide): "I had gastric bypass surgery years ago and use it for anemia related to it. It is great at absorption and very little gastric distress if any at all...WORTH the extra money and cheaper by far than IV Iron transfusion."

Grammy W September 24, 2011

Niferex (iron polysaccharide): "This is the only iron I will use. Much better in terms of gastric distress. Worth the extra money."

Anonymous November 25, 2010

Niferex (iron polysaccharide): "It works great but it is so expensive."

Aunt Se March 1, 2009