User Reviews for Venofer

Iron Deficiency Anemia
7.4

Reviews for Venofer

Michelle · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2021

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “My daughter just finished her 5th 200mg dose of Venofer. She completed the 5 doses in 21 days. After the first two doses a slight headache. She drank water and laid down for an hour. The last 3 said she felt fine. We are just waiting now for the 4 weeks for new labs to be taken.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2021

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “My experience with Venofer has been a nightmare. I was scheduled for 4 infusions over a course of 2 weeks. At the time the drug was administered I dod not experience any side effects. But as it got in my system I have had joint pain, muscle pain, back pain, overall body pain. I'm in my mid 30s and feel like I have severe arthritis. My doctor has since prescribed a steroid which has even worse side effects so I really wish I never had taken this drug. I did not experience this in the past with infusions (Infed). Apparently these are common side effects and it's been 4 weeks now and i still struggle with these join pains. When will they go away????”

Bubba's Girl · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2020

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “Following roo-en-wy gastric bypass, experienced inability to absorb iron and B12 this created a mix of health problems which reduced my quality of life to ridiculous level. Heart racing most all the time, shortness of breath, nerve problems affecting vision, speech, hand/finger control, inability to think clearly, regularly feeling incredibly cold, etc. Believe me, this is NOT the way to live! Symptoms improved dramatically once Venofer used. TADA!”

Sue · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2019

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “It was heaven! My red blood cells replicated away!!! As I can retain no iron as an absolute anemic, I need IV iron to keep making healthy red blood cells! About 6 visits to the hospital a year, a couple hours each!! Man I could do cartwheels I have so much energy!!”

Lib · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 20, 2019

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “Key with Venofer is tohave them slow and wait between infusions. Too much at once will cause symptoms. I felt extremely faint and sick out of nowhere my first infusion when I had 200mg over one hour. But now they do 200 mg over 2 hours instead, 2 weeks apart and it is better but I still feel pretty sick afterwards. Headaches, tiredness, anxiety and GI issues for weeks after”

Autumn Love · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 4, 2019

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “I had 1st of 5 Venofer Friday - 200 at a 1 hour drip. (My third course in 2 1/2 years.) Anemia prone family. Genetic tests gave no answers. I don't eat meat No problems with Venofer. I take 2 Benadryl b4 infusion and take 2 to 4 a day between infusions which are 7 days apart. Refuse Injectafer in my opinion they seem to be having court cases. Keys for iron infusions: Pray ...Then *Slow drip - Minimum 1 hour *Take only 200 each visit **Minimum 7 days between infusions *Take 2 Benedryl gel caps 30 minutes as soon as you sit down in chair. Let's get some energy!!!! Blessings to all!”

rollingmama January 8, 2011

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “I have been getting Iron treatments for a few years now...they have been long and drawn out, up until now. I used to have to get 3 treatments a/week for 10-12 weeks...which meant my days were short and I couldn't do anything else. Then the iron would last for about 4-6 months..then my count would go back down to 6.9 or 7.1 and I would start all over again. My Doctor tried Venofer this last time and I had 2 treatments, lasting 1 to 1 and1/2 hours each and I was done...WOW! What a difference. I just went for a check up and my count was 11.7, and my treatment was in September. Normally, I'm preparing to start treatments again, because my count would be down to 9 by now. I'm truly impressed with this treatment.”

Izazluxa · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2016

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “I had five Venofer infusions, one every three weeks. I experienced no side effects. I was very tired after the infusions but that's all. It took about 5 weeks to feel first results. I can climb the stairs now”

Anonymous July 2, 2010

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “I am 14 years old. I went in for a physical, and had a routine blood panel. How did I get the results? An ambulance showed up at my house suddenly to take me to the hospital immediately. Apparently, my iron was 9, which is almost fatally low. I was given Venofer when I got there, and it helped tremendously. It quite possibly saved my life. I owe my life to Venofer.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2016

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “My experience with this drug was bad. I had my first iron infusion at 11 in the morning and about 4 in the afternoon I was in the ER. I had tremendous body aches and headache; I was vomiting very violently (to mention only a few symptoms). At the ER, they did bloodwork and determined that my iron levels were five times the normal. I see in the other comments from other patients that their injection took them about 2 hours; mine took about 5 minutes”

GUIDOMAMMA · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2013

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “I have had 1 dose of 200ml IV Venofer administered over a 2 hour period. I have noticed that this week I am very tired, have muscle aches, a few episodes of intestinal pain. At the time of administration of my first dose I got a headache about 15 minutes after the start of the transfusion and also about 5 minutes before the end of the session, up to 15 minutes after I felt sick to my stomach and like I was going to vomit. Sure hope this works, I have 4 more sessions to go.”

tetech · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2018

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “I got 200mg 2x per week, total 3 200mg doses over 10 days. By the 3rd dose, I had black urine! I told my Kaiser GI doc and he stopped the infusions. It takes a 2 weeks to turn the iron into RBC, so it should be 1x every 2 weeks. Otherwise, high iron levels will build up before Iron is converted to hemoglobin. IMHO this drug would be more safely administered at a maximum of 100mg per infusion every 2 weeks using the pediatric instr as follows: "The dosing for iron replacement treatment in pediatric patients with HDD-CKD has not been established. For iron maintenance treatment: Administer Venofer at a dose of 0.5 mg/kg, not to exceed 100 mg per dose, every two weeks for 12 weeks given undiluted by slow intravenous injection over 5 minutes or diluted in 25 mL of 0.9% NaCl and administered over 5 to 60 minutes". 4 weeks after the 3 infusions, my blood was normal; Ferritin went from <6 to 35, hemoglobin went up just 15%.”

Nancy December 4, 2020

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “Had 1 and only 1 treatment I could only walk about 25 steps felt faint collapsed middle of the lobby of clinic ambulance came then I really got scared the men could not pick me up! I had lost all muscle control my body was like a water balloon. I had no control I couldn't hold my head up they couldn't keep my head up it just flopped on my shoulder I was so scared I'd stay that way it took 4 big men to put me in a wheel chair my body flopping like a water balloon once in the Gurnee my legs arms are falling out of the restraints but the worst omg was that I was thinking ok pretty normal but my mouth I was swearing like a drunk sailor, a really bad sailor everybody was laughing but I couldn't stop and I normally only swear when mad I was so scared so scared once at hospital they thought I did drugs. I don't so they put me in the GLASS ROOM I couldn't stop the vulgar language this lasted about 7 hours never ever again nancy”