User Reviews for Venofer

Learn more about Venofer.

Iron Deficiency Anemia 5 reviews 87 medications

7.8
Summary of Venofer reviews 5 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Venofer

For Iron Deficiency Anemia "I had five Venofer infusions, one every three weeks. I experienced no side effects. I was very tired after the infusions but that's all. It took about 5 weeks to feel first results. I can climb the stairs now"

Izazluxa (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2016

For Iron Deficiency Anemia "My experience with this drug was bad. I had my first iron infusion at 11 in the morning and about 4 in the afternoon I was in the ER. I had tremendous body aches and headache; I was vomiting very violently (to mention only a few symptoms). At the ER, they did bloodwork and determined that my iron levels were five times the normal. I see in the other comments from other patients that their injection took them about 2 hours; mine took about 5 minutes"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2016

For Iron Deficiency Anemia "I have had 1 dose of 200ml IV Venofer administered over a 2 hour period. I have noticed that this week I am very tired, have muscle aches, a few episodes of intestinal pain. At the time of administration of my first dose I got a headache about 15 minutes after the start of the transfusion and also about 5 minutes before the end of the session, up to 15 minutes after I felt sick to my stomach and like I was going to vomit. Sure hope this works, I have 4 more sessions to go."

GUIDOMAMMA (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2013

For Iron Deficiency Anemia "I have been getting Iron treatments for a few years now...they have been long and drawn out, up until now. I used to have to get 3 treatments a/week for 10-12 weeks...which meant my days were short and I couldn't do anything else. Then the iron would last for about 4-6 months..then my count would go back down to 6.9 or 7.1 and I would start all over again. My Doctor tried Venofer this last time and I had 2 treatments, lasting 1 to 1 and1/2 hours each and I was done...WOW! What a difference. I just went for a check up and my count was 11.7, and my treatment was in September. Normally, I'm preparing to start treatments again, because my count would be down to 9 by now. I'm truly impressed with this treatment."

rollingmama January 8, 2011

For Iron Deficiency Anemia "I am 14 years old. I went in for a physical, and had a routine blood panel. How did I get the results? An ambulance showed up at my house suddenly to take me to the hospital immediately. Apparently, my iron was 9, which is almost fatally low. I was given Venofer when I got there, and it helped tremendously. It quite possibly saved my life. I owe my life to Venofer."

Anonymous July 2, 2010