User Reviews for Injectafer

Iron Deficiency Anemia 9.5

Reviews for Injectafer

Trooper · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 24, 2019

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “I've battled IDA (iron deficiency anemia) for 30 years due to heavy periods. My first iron infusion was with Ferrlecit in 2006, which worked well for me (no side effects), but was time consuming; 8 infusions over 2 weeks (4 one week, 4 the next). Each infusion lasted about 3 hours from start to finish. Plus 8 IV start pokes. My first Injectafer was in 2015. I had it in 2017 & 2019 too. What a game changer! Only two infusions, spaced a week apart. I was at the infusion center about an hour both times! So much easier to schedule around work/children! Plus only 2 IV starts. I feel fatigued and anxious/sad for about 48 hours after the first infusion day, but it's not a deal breaker, & it goes away. I only have fatigue after the second week infusion, no anxiety/sadness (not sure why). No other side effects. My IDA symptoms begin improving 1-2 weeks after the second infusion. Overall, Injectafer is great & lasts me just as long (2 years) as the Ferrlecit & involves less time/pokes. Hope this helps!”

RoJ · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2019

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: “Injectafer gave me my life back. I had been dragging myself along for five years and could not get better no matter how much iron I took, or how much liver, beans, and spinach I ate. Every little task seemed exhausting and I pulled back from life. About six weeks after Injectafer, all of my symptoms disappeared. It's not quick and easy. I'm on my third infusion and about 12 - 24 hours after each treatment, I experience fatigue, body aches (deep - in your bones) and a slight fever on and off for two or three days. I also feel spaced out and stupid. My hematologist recommended Claritin and Tylenol to help with the aches and fever. From last time I was treated, I know that feeling steamrolled and stupid will pass, and that a renewed vitality lies ahead, so it's bearable. Schedule your infusions for Fridays so you can crash on the couch all weekend if you need to. I am so grateful for this medication. It rescued my quality of life.”