User Reviews for Afrezza

Learn more about Afrezza.

Diabetes, Type 1 28 reviews 70 medications

7.9
Diabetes, Type 2 18 reviews 140 medications

6.3
Summary of Afrezza reviews 46 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Afrezza

For Diabetes, Type 1 "WOW!! I feel as this is almost a cure. I have never felt better and I can't believe this is not a household name. Spread the word to every diabetic you know.....they will thank you."

JT Candis March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "The best for a diabetic type 1. IT's better than a needles four times a day. Now.it's only once a day!! I think it's worth every penny. I would pay even if my insurance doesn't cover it. I went to alot of Doctors to get it. Most said no,but I kept trying. IT was worth it!!! DON't get it if you LOVE needles!!"

Anonymous March 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Life Changing Afrezza for 14+ Months! No LUNG. issues! My A1C is Now Near Remission! I Am on 60- 8 Unit & 30- 12 Unit package Monthly! Works Great! Easy to take! Just BREATH!E!"

Rick Herrera January 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Biggest problem is that dosing is too erratic. Can't be dosed like typical injectable insulin. Unusable in my case with a cold or other respiratory infection. Although it saves you an injection, it actually causes more finger pricks as you don't know if you are using a correct dose."

Dave Z January 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "was very helpful in the control of my diabetes and was very easy to use...no needles was refreshing...I will continue use"

jt1122 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Here is all I need to say: As a Type I Diabetic, as soon as I tried Afrezza I bought MannKind stock! Afrezza works like nothing else. No more sudden, high spikes from lattes and other problem foods. With injectable insulin, I previously rapidly spiked into the 220 - 350 range after my lattes. Then I would go low in 2.5 - 3 hours. With Afrezza, I stay flat in the 80-140 range and never go lower than 80. Afrezza is truly amazing. I highly recommend you ask your endocrinologist for a prescription. Do me a favor and go thru the painful insurance approval process: you will need to get a breathing test done and ask your endo to process a pre-authorization for you. That's it. MannKind has a co-pay card program you can use to offset your costs."

Type I (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 30, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Middle of the road so far. Agree that this is expensive. I am using with pump therapy to counter those quick spikes after a meal and combine this with a normal or extended bolus. Overall A1Cs range from 5.9% - 6.4% and this is being used to fine tune."

Obem00 (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Great. life changing."

Eric Fenar (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "All the positive reviews on here are written by paidpeople and MNKD shareholders. Afrezza isn't being prescribed because it's an expensive drug with unknown long term effects on the lungs. Proceed with caution"

Kuka October 26, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "think afrezza works great. only been on it two months.my cgm says average blood is at 130 .compared to 160.i would say it would be better if i timed it better.only knock would be overnight when you eat things that are fatty takes a lot longer to break down. have to take 2 doses overnight to lower it down .when I say lower its at 198 steady .havnt had a bg over 220 in 2 months"

dogs72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I feel great since starting Afrezza three months ago. You get so used to the lows and the brain fog from high doses of the long-acting injections that you forget what it feels like to feel normal. I cut down my basal and now I only get what I need, I haven't had a low or even felt one coming on in months. I've lost 5 lbs and got back the stamina I had 20 years ago. Starting Afrezza changed my life."

J. Manicotti (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I'm impressed with the change I have seen since using Afrezza. I have been using it for ~4 months. I dropped my basal dose down and I feel 30 years younger. I used to get frequent highs and lows before, I often felt scatter brained and/or sluggish, now gone! I used to have bad erectile dysfunction, I won't get into the details, but since starting Afrezza, I haven't had any problems anymore. I feel better than I have in years. You take for granted that its normal to feel that way until you don't anymore. I wouldn't give this stuff up for a million dollars."

Michael Collins August 18, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Those who are complaining that this is not working are likely Afreeza's competitors. I'm 6ft, 170 lbs well and reasonably fit. I've genetic type-2 diabetes (every male member in my family has it). Was on metformin but body started to develop resistance towards the drug. I hate needles, so Afreeza was god-send for me. I took a simple spirometric test and was prescribed the drug. This drug is phenomenal. One cartridge is 4u, I typically need 4u along with regular food and I'm all set. Blood sugar is within normal levels within the next 90 mins. Please don't spread bad news if you are a competitor. You are playing with people's lives here."

ViksRules June 28, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "My doctor was reluctant to switch me from Humalog to Afreeza but did after I insisted I wanted to try inhaling over sc scares 4 times a day. After a simple spirometer blow test I got the green light. I learned to take my inhalation literally right before eating because Afreeza works that well. My doctor said its because my body does not need to break done the zinc first. After using Afreeza for 4 months I can honestly say this has transformed my life. I carry it with me so discreetly no more going to dirty bathrooms to inject myself if on a date. My A1C has dropped from 8.4 to 7.1 and I lost 12lbs my doctor say simply because I'm finally in control. Thank you Afreeza! I still have to take 12u of Lantus at bedtime but that's easy."

RobertJohnsonNYC January 22, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Where do I begin? The product is extremely expensive and dosing is erratic. One meal I need 4 units and the next I might need 8 (did I mention this stuff isn't cheap?). Causes a nagging cough (you are inhaling a powder into your lungs). Long term side effects on the lungs are unknown at this point (lung cancer noted in a couple of patients using Afrezza). Not worth the hassle nor the money"

Kuka January 19, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Save your money. All positive reviews are written by investors of this product's stock."

Money Mikey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Doesn't work. Unreliable dosing. Expensive."

Charles Lacy December 17, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Afrezza is truly a remarkable therapy. My levels are flat, my post prandial highs are done away with. It seems to mimic the pancreas and gets into my system fast and expires within an hour. My energy levels increased, I use it with my basal insulin and I have never felt as healthy in my life. I have better feelings in my hands and feet too which was unexpected but welcome. I am based in the UK currently and cannot get it here. This is a huge disappointment as injectable insulin is so inferior."

Brendan Hyland December 16, 2015

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "These reviews sound like stockholders either pumping or bashing. Mannkind is the company that developed it not sanofi. Sanofi partnered with mannkind to market and distribute afrezza. I am not a diabetic so I can't speak to its effectiveness but if I had a choice between a needle or inhaler it would be inhaler hands down."

Joe shmo December 10, 2015

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "My a1c is back to normal"

anthony7 December 8, 2015

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Type 2 User with 2 weeks on Afrezza and already seeing steady improvement in my daily readings."

Rick Herrera (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2015

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Thanks to Sanofi for giving me such a great product. Its doing miracles. NO MORE NEEDLES - this is much much better than traditional insulin. I have been using it for more than 6 months and I absolutely love it. I would highly recommend my diabetic friends to talk to your doctor about this. the only down side if you should have good lungs- no cancer etc . I am super excited . Wish you all luck."

jenniferkat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2015

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Afrezza is magical. It works so well there are no hights.I can use it at public places without use of needles. It delivers insulin directly to blood and is rapid acting. Insulin molecules are used here to mimic the pancreatic insulin. My overall health improved a lot and I feel much better. The bad reviews with single one liners can you please explain why it did not work for you unless you are trying to propagate negative energy - please describe your problem."

rambo user (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2015

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Amazing product!! Finally an alternative to needles!! Very convenient to use and it works! I don't understand the negative 1 star reviews. Please try it and judge it for yourself."

Josh Green November 10, 2015

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have been on Afreeza for 2 months . It took a month for my numbers to be in target range, love it for the convenience"

Bytethebullet November 1, 2015