User Reviews for Afrezza

7.3

Diabetes, Type 2

Summary of Afrezza reviews 6.9 57 reviews

Reviews for Afrezza

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Expensive, doesn't work and can't stop coughing. Stay away. I think all these 10 out of 10 star posts are made by shareholders of this company. Quite sad."

Steve Berger (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "A bit of a pain as it was not explained properly. Having not been on insulin I had nothing to compare the dose to. Educator did not explain that after taking the dose to adjust to your optimum number you also adjust for the food you are about to eat. Whole first month almost a bust. The AIC did go down slightly. They dismissed the issues I raised that involved my throat and convinced me to go another month. Also, not sure they are all Quality Controlled. Some of the same dose feel like like nothing in them. It is confusing and not easy to keep track of how much you used to adjust for every time you eat something. I had a coupon, first month free. Copay after that is $15.00 per pack."

KO (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I was a test patient for the inhaled insulin. Beware it caused severe lung problems putting me in the hospital for 2 days & required treatment for two years! Still have lung inflammation issues 6 years later. Review their side effects warnings about potential lung issues - it is real."

Test patient (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "For me, It takes twice the amount of Afrezza than Novolog. - No injections needed. + You can take it anywhere at anytime needed. +"

oooops (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I have used different insulins over my 26 years started with MDI, then the pump, added Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM). Now the combination of pump, CGM, and afrezza I really feel like control is within reach. Only been using afrezza for a couple of weeks but the control, immediate onset, and predictability are very encouraging. Part of the learning curve I wasn't prepared for was the quick fall off, now I split dosing between liquid and inhaled insulin. I thought closed loop was the next best thing for T1Ds that was before. Now Afrezza will be part of my regular regime, just need to get my insurance to agree!"

Q925 (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I have been on the pump for 21 years. For various reasons, my doctor suggested I try going on tresiba and afrezza for the summer so after discussing it I gave it a try. Afrezza works great for dropping blood sugars very fast, which was the biggest benefit. However, the last month or so I have developed asthma symptoms and am short of breath when I am active. It takes me a long time to catch my breath after moderate activity and a cough begins as well. I visited my endocrinologist again and he pulled me off afrezza immediately. I am hoping the shortness of breath goes away as I have no prior symptoms of lung problems. If it doesn't go away shortly I will have to begin using an inhaler. Users be aware of side affects!!!!!"

Seth E. December 18, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I can't stop coughing. Like really can't stop coughing for the whole day I take this. I feel like my lungs are filled with powder, which my doctor says they pretty much are. Not using again. It's also really expensive."

Jake mcalester (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "There is no medication that will work with 100% accuracy. And this one is the same, I truly hate needles and this has definitely helped me to keep my levels normal with less poking at my skin. You have no idea how hard it is to have diabetes and hate injections."

FDiabetes October 10, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I can understand some of the confusion people have on this product. From my perspective, it is unusable as the sole source of insulin. It seems negative reviews are trying to do just that. However, if you pair its use with a pump and use exclusively for corrections and/or carb heavy meals, it is a huge improvement to the manageability of my type 1 (I imagine most type 1's can relate to those times when you screw up a carb estimate, and it normally takes hours to normalize again. With Afrezza, it is resolved in an hour)."

Danrm (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "If I had to guess, 90% of the positive reviews on here are written by stock shareholders of this product. Because if they were actual users they'd realize how inaccurate and inconsistent dosing is which makes this drug essentially useless. Too many factors effect the dosing of this drug which is not good when dosing a medication such as insulin which can easily kill you if taken too much of."

Steve Mano August 1, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Expensive treatment that doesn't even replace all injections. Just replaces mealtime insulin. Not basal insulin. Not worth it"

RickHerra (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I tried the Afrezza system out thinking it was going to be great with how fast it works, not having to inject anymore, and not having lows (quotes from the sales person). How all of those points are so wrong. The product is awful. I had to inhale twice per meal ( which means I had to check my blood sugar more often) 2 hours apart. Plus I still had to inject for my long acting insulin. Also before I did my second inhale my BG's would be in the low 40's 2 hours after I ate, and then 1 hour later my Bg's were up in the 300s, since the insulin stays in your body for only 2 hours. My A1C before using it was 6.2 and after 1 month of using Afrezza (not Humilog) went up to 6.7. I highly don't recommend using this product."

Type 1 for over 30 years (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Yes it may cost more; however, it changed my life for the better. It is certainly not for all and many will chose not to embrace new delivery methods when they have decades of success with the prior. Bottom line for me is that the drug works fantastic and has my a1c at a pre-D level. Btw I do not own stock or care what the market does, as long as the drug remains available. -Be well"

Young diab (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 11, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I just started Afrezza, my PCP recommended it. Honestly, Afrezza saved my life, again mentally and physically. I am now able to control my A1c levels without the stress of multiple injections. Thank you, J"

AriL82 May 4, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started on Afrezza 11/15 with an A1C of 7.6! First was one 4 unite 3X's a Day Before Meals! Then Moved 8 Unit 2X's & 12 Unit 1X a Day ALL Before Meals! On 3/16/17 My A1C # drop to 7.2! I then Started the New Titration Pack that allows Inhaling Afrezza Before & After each Meal or Up to 6X's a Day! After Just the First 11Days My A1C # DROP to 6.9! Today, Now 21 Days I Have Been on the New 180 Units Monthly Titration Pack Taking Before & After each Meal My A1C is NOW 6.8 & Dropping with NO SIDE EFFECTS! I Love Life Changing Afrezza Titration Pack! "

Rick Herrrera (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "WOW!! I feel as this is almost a cure. I have never felt better and I can't believe this is not a household name. Spread the word to every diabetic you know.....they will thank you."

JT Candis March 24, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Biggest problem is that dosing is too erratic. Can't be dosed like typical injectable insulin. Unusable in my case with a cold or other respiratory infection. Although it saves you an injection, it actually causes more finger pricks as you don't know if you are using a correct dose."

Dave Z January 14, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Middle of the road so far. Agree that this is expensive. I am using with pump therapy to counter those quick spikes after a meal and combine this with a normal or extended bolus. Overall A1Cs range from 5.9% - 6.4% and this is being used to fine tune."

Obem00 (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Great. life changing."

Eric Fenar (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "All the positive reviews on here are written by paidpeople and MNKD shareholders. Afrezza isn't being prescribed because it's an expensive drug with unknown long term effects on the lungs. Proceed with caution"

Kuka October 26, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "think afrezza works great. only been on it two months.my cgm says average blood is at 130 .compared to 160.i would say it would be better if i timed it better.only knock would be overnight when you eat things that are fatty takes a lot longer to break down. have to take 2 doses overnight to lower it down .when I say lower its at 198 steady .havnt had a bg over 220 in 2 months"

dogs72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I feel great since starting Afrezza three months ago. You get so used to the lows and the brain fog from high doses of the long-acting injections that you forget what it feels like to feel normal. I cut down my basal and now I only get what I need, I haven't had a low or even felt one coming on in months. I've lost 5 lbs and got back the stamina I had 20 years ago. Starting Afrezza changed my life."

J. Manicotti (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I'm impressed with the change I have seen since using Afrezza. I have been using it for ~4 months. I dropped my basal dose down and I feel 30 years younger. I used to get frequent highs and lows before, I often felt scatter brained and/or sluggish, now gone! I used to have bad erectile dysfunction, I won't get into the details, but since starting Afrezza, I haven't had any problems anymore. I feel better than I have in years. You take for granted that its normal to feel that way until you don't anymore. I wouldn't give this stuff up for a million dollars."

Michael Collins August 18, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Those who are complaining that this is not working are likely Afreeza's competitors. I'm 6ft, 170 lbs well and reasonably fit. I've genetic type-2 diabetes (every male member in my family has it). Was on metformin but body started to develop resistance towards the drug. I hate needles, so Afreeza was god-send for me. I took a simple spirometric test and was prescribed the drug. This drug is phenomenal. One cartridge is 4u, I typically need 4u along with regular food and I'm all set. Blood sugar is within normal levels within the next 90 mins. Please don't spread bad news if you are a competitor. You are playing with people's lives here."

ViksRules June 28, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "My doctor was reluctant to switch me from Humalog to Afreeza but did after I insisted I wanted to try inhaling over sc scares 4 times a day. After a simple spirometer blow test I got the green light. I learned to take my inhalation literally right before eating because Afreeza works that well. My doctor said its because my body does not need to break done the zinc first. After using Afreeza for 4 months I can honestly say this has transformed my life. I carry it with me so discreetly no more going to dirty bathrooms to inject myself if on a date. My A1C has dropped from 8.4 to 7.1 and I lost 12lbs my doctor say simply because I'm finally in control. Thank you Afreeza! I still have to take 12u of Lantus at bedtime but that's easy."

RobertJohnsonNYC January 22, 2016

More about Afrezza (insulin inhalation, rapid acting)

Other brands: Exubera