User Reviews for Afrezza

Learn more about Afrezza.

Diabetes, Type 1 30 reviews 71 medications

7.8
Diabetes, Type 2 21 reviews 141 medications

6.7
Summary of Afrezza reviews 51 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Afrezza

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I tried the Afrezza system out thinking it was going to be great with how fast it works, not having to inject anymore, and not having lows (quotes from the sales person). How all of those points are so wrong. The product is awful. I had to inhale twice per meal ( which means I had to check my blood sugar more often) 2 hours apart. Plus I still had to inject for my long acting insulin. Also before I did my second inhale my BG's would be in the low 40's 2 hours after I ate, and then 1 hour later my Bg's were up in the 300s, since the insulin stays in your body for only 2 hours. My A1C before using it was 6.2 and after 1 month of using Afrezza (not Humilog) went up to 6.7. I highly don't recommend using this product."

Type 1 for over 30 years (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Yes it may cost more; however, it changed my life for the better. It is certainly not for all and many will chose not to embrace new delivery methods when they have decades of success with the prior. Bottom line for me is that the drug works fantastic and has my a1c at a pre-D level. Btw I do not own stock or care what the market does, as long as the drug remains available. -Be well"

Young diab (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I just started Afrezza, my PCP recommended it. Honestly, Afrezza saved my life, again mentally and physically. I am now able to control my A1c levels without the stress of multiple injections. Thank you, J"

AriL82 May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Afrezza for about 18 months and I love it. My A1c is 6.1 which is non diabetic. I take no other medication for diabetes. The standard for my condition calls for taking long acting insulin with Afrezza which I do not do. I pay $100 a month copay for Afrezza. I also have to pay $175 annual deductible for tier 4 drugs. I am willing to pay the extra cost because Afrezza is closest to natural insulin. I understand the once in the bloodstream Afrezza is indistinguishable from naturally produced insulin. I was diagnosed with 3rd degree kidney failure when on Metformin. I am not a doctor or scientist but I do not see how natural Insulin could hurt my kidneys. I love the fact I can cover high carb treats with extra units of Afrezza."

Welsh guy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Magaly has been on afrezza for 1.5 years. Love the ease of use, predictability, and rapid action. Waiting 4hours to bring down a low and worrying about stacking at no longer an issue. Best control and A1c ever."

Steve and Magaly (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started on Afrezza 11/15 with an A1C of 7.6! First was one 4 unite 3X's a Day Before Meals! Then Moved 8 Unit 2X's & 12 Unit 1X a Day ALL Before Meals! On 3/16/17 My A1C # drop to 7.2! I then Started the New Titration Pack that allows Inhaling Afrezza Before & After each Meal or Up to 6X's a Day! After Just the First 11Days My A1C # DROP to 6.9! Today, Now 21 Days I Have Been on the New 180 Units Monthly Titration Pack Taking Before & After each Meal My A1C is NOW 6.8 & Dropping with NO SIDE EFFECTS! I Love Life Changing Afrezza Titration Pack! "

Rick Herrrera (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "WOW!! I feel as this is almost a cure. I have never felt better and I can't believe this is not a household name. Spread the word to every diabetic you know.....they will thank you."

JT Candis March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "The best for a diabetic type 1. IT's better than a needles four times a day. Now.it's only once a day!! I think it's worth every penny. I would pay even if my insurance doesn't cover it. I went to alot of Doctors to get it. Most said no,but I kept trying. IT was worth it!!! DON't get it if you LOVE needles!!"

Anonymous March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Life Changing Afrezza for 14+ Months! No LUNG. issues! My A1C is Now Near Remission! I Am on 60- 8 Unit & 30- 12 Unit package Monthly! Works Great! Easy to take! Just BREATH!E!"

Rick Herrera January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Biggest problem is that dosing is too erratic. Can't be dosed like typical injectable insulin. Unusable in my case with a cold or other respiratory infection. Although it saves you an injection, it actually causes more finger pricks as you don't know if you are using a correct dose."

Dave Z January 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "was very helpful in the control of my diabetes and was very easy to use...no needles was refreshing...I will continue use"

jt1122 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Middle of the road so far. Agree that this is expensive. I am using with pump therapy to counter those quick spikes after a meal and combine this with a normal or extended bolus. Overall A1Cs range from 5.9% - 6.4% and this is being used to fine tune."

Obem00 (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Great. life changing."

Eric Fenar (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "All the positive reviews on here are written by paidpeople and MNKD shareholders. Afrezza isn't being prescribed because it's an expensive drug with unknown long term effects on the lungs. Proceed with caution"

Kuka October 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "think afrezza works great. only been on it two months.my cgm says average blood is at 130 .compared to 160.i would say it would be better if i timed it better.only knock would be overnight when you eat things that are fatty takes a lot longer to break down. have to take 2 doses overnight to lower it down .when I say lower its at 198 steady .havnt had a bg over 220 in 2 months"

dogs72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I feel great since starting Afrezza three months ago. You get so used to the lows and the brain fog from high doses of the long-acting injections that you forget what it feels like to feel normal. I cut down my basal and now I only get what I need, I haven't had a low or even felt one coming on in months. I've lost 5 lbs and got back the stamina I had 20 years ago. Starting Afrezza changed my life."

J. Manicotti (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I'm impressed with the change I have seen since using Afrezza. I have been using it for ~4 months. I dropped my basal dose down and I feel 30 years younger. I used to get frequent highs and lows before, I often felt scatter brained and/or sluggish, now gone! I used to have bad erectile dysfunction, I won't get into the details, but since starting Afrezza, I haven't had any problems anymore. I feel better than I have in years. You take for granted that its normal to feel that way until you don't anymore. I wouldn't give this stuff up for a million dollars."

Michael Collins August 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Those who are complaining that this is not working are likely Afreeza's competitors. I'm 6ft, 170 lbs well and reasonably fit. I've genetic type-2 diabetes (every male member in my family has it). Was on metformin but body started to develop resistance towards the drug. I hate needles, so Afreeza was god-send for me. I took a simple spirometric test and was prescribed the drug. This drug is phenomenal. One cartridge is 4u, I typically need 4u along with regular food and I'm all set. Blood sugar is within normal levels within the next 90 mins. Please don't spread bad news if you are a competitor. You are playing with people's lives here."

ViksRules June 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "My doctor was reluctant to switch me from Humalog to Afreeza but did after I insisted I wanted to try inhaling over sc scares 4 times a day. After a simple spirometer blow test I got the green light. I learned to take my inhalation literally right before eating because Afreeza works that well. My doctor said its because my body does not need to break done the zinc first. After using Afreeza for 4 months I can honestly say this has transformed my life. I carry it with me so discreetly no more going to dirty bathrooms to inject myself if on a date. My A1C has dropped from 8.4 to 7.1 and I lost 12lbs my doctor say simply because I'm finally in control. Thank you Afreeza! I still have to take 12u of Lantus at bedtime but that's easy."

RobertJohnsonNYC January 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Where do I begin? The product is extremely expensive and dosing is erratic. One meal I need 4 units and the next I might need 8 (did I mention this stuff isn't cheap?). Causes a nagging cough (you are inhaling a powder into your lungs). Long term side effects on the lungs are unknown at this point (lung cancer noted in a couple of patients using Afrezza). Not worth the hassle nor the money"

Kuka January 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Save your money. All positive reviews are written by investors of this product's stock."

Money Mikey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Doesn't work. Unreliable dosing. Expensive."

Charles Lacy December 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Afrezza is truly a remarkable therapy. My levels are flat, my post prandial highs are done away with. It seems to mimic the pancreas and gets into my system fast and expires within an hour. My energy levels increased, I use it with my basal insulin and I have never felt as healthy in my life. I have better feelings in my hands and feet too which was unexpected but welcome. I am based in the UK currently and cannot get it here. This is a huge disappointment as injectable insulin is so inferior."

Brendan Hyland December 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "These reviews sound like stockholders either pumping or bashing. Mannkind is the company that developed it not sanofi. Sanofi partnered with mannkind to market and distribute afrezza. I am not a diabetic so I can't speak to its effectiveness but if I had a choice between a needle or inhaler it would be inhaler hands down."

Joe shmo December 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "My a1c is back to normal"

anthony7 December 8, 2015