User Reviews for Immune globulin intravenous

Brand names: Privigen, Bivigam, Octagam, Panzyga, Gammaplex, Gammagard S/D, Flebogamma Carimune NF Asceniv

Immune globulin intravenous has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings on Drugs.com. 73% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 13% reported a negative experience.

Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
Summary of Immune globulin intravenous reviews 7.1 13 reviews

Reviews for Immune globulin intravenous

Anonymous · February 2, 2012

For Myasthenia Gravis "I have had Gammagard for 5 months and suffered flu like symptoms for at lest 2 days after infusions. I had Octagam yesterday and today and have no symptoms except feel very tired. It seemed to be less irritating to the veins also. The fluid amount was doubled so it put less stress on my kidneys."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · November 14, 2020

For Polymyositis/Dermatomyositis "I got the IVIG infusions for 5 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week every 3 months. I did 2 rounds and I felt so energetic the week after treatment was over. It also helped rid me of the muscle pain and a lot of the weakness. It was exhausting having to get through the week of infusions but when it was over I felt really good. Unfortunately my rheumatologist retired and moved so I’m waiting to see if my new Dr is going to have me back on the treatment. I highly recommend trying this if you haven’t already!"

Sandra Petty · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 23, 2022

Octagam (immune globulin intravenous) "Octagam 10 for Myasthenia Gravis , #1 I had a headache and chills the next day. #2-5 were just headache. I have more strength. I'm starting a one 90gm once a month. Will come back after a couple monthly's."

KW22 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · December 7, 2017

Gammagard S/D (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "First dose I had a hemolytic reaction with severe back pain headache hypertension BP was 200/120 . Change to Octogam for next infusion and slowed rate down to max of 50cc / hr have tolerated well. Have had a lot less infections since started IVIG"

INVOLUTARILY RETIRED 70 yr old · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · April 28, 2018

For Myasthenia Gravis "iVIG literally saved my life ... AND enabled me to transition off CONSIDERABLY more problematic drugs such as corticosteroids and immunosuppressives (which in all fairness under certain circumstances controlled symptoms COMPLETELY -- BUT frequently presented both acute severely lifestyle limiting side effects AND long term high probability severe side effects AND sometimes for short terms completely failed to control ANY symptoms acceptably). For maintenance purposes, however, the dosages currently specified as reduced "maintenance" do not work FOR ME yet to provide complete replacement for the otherwise less noxious and reasonably effective drug, Pyridostigmine. I know other patients for which it DOES, however, and am inclined to recommend it as the standard treatment of choice, which of course it is NOT because it is an expensive human distilled substance rather than a chemically formulated item, thus affecting both availability and distribution."

Ajklien · Taken for less than 1 month · February 15, 2014

For Anti NMDA Receptor Encephalitis "I was diagnosed with ANMDARE early 2013 I had a reasonably quick diagnosis and was started on a course of octagam and prednisone and had a very fast recovery I can't tell doses etc because I don't remember much from that time, I'm currently laying in hospital being treated for a relapse on a dosage of 30g per day over 5 days and 1g per day prednisone for 3 days I'm in day 2 and already feel much better"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · December 17, 2021

Gammagard S/D (immune globulin intravenous) for Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura "I have Susac's or unknown vasculitis. During first year receiving IVIG Gammagard infusions monthly for 3 days my only side effects were headaches a day or 2 following with mildly elevated BP for a week. My BP was excellent otherwise around 110/75. After 1 year, I requested to reduce my schedule from 3 to 2 days receiving the same amount of infusion with only an extra half hour each day which meant receiving the infusion at a faster rate than over 3 days. After this change my BP began wildly fluctuating sky rocketing to 160/100 and higher sometimes. Four months later, I am still struggling to stabilize my BP and had to finally take medication with BP still not under control. It still sky rockets during infusions and afterward throughout the month. The doctors and nurses won't acknowledge any long lasting connection between IVIG and BP, though I've read studies on it. IVIG otherwise seems to be effective in preventing sudden hearing losses I was experiencing."

Orion · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 3, 2019

Privigen (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "The only medication out of 6 IVIG I tried that gave me anaphylactic shock."

Catie · Taken for less than 1 month · October 24, 2019

Asceniv (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "Feel great. Need fewer infusions. Based on research seems like a good immunuglobin option"

I'm a zebra · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 8, 2014

Privigen (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "While I have only been on this medication, I feel so much better. I didn't become ill at all through the winter."

Anonymous · December 23, 2010

Octagam (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "After having 20 grs of Octagam I felt a little dizzy and a minor headache."

ImmunoCrohnie · Taken for less than 1 month · December 2, 2019

Asceniv (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "Previous drug gave me pressure in my head and chest they lowered the rate to 50. Still having it and my heart rate was high. Switched to here, much better experience. Let's keep it up woot woot!"

D1DEUtellthedORman · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · January 30, 2022

For Dermatomyositis "Game changer. Nothing compares. (I am on PANZYGA)"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · July 17, 2020

Panzyga (immune globulin intravenous) "Occasionally experienced mild headache, but mostly very tolerable infusion."

Flying Boar · Taken for less than 1 month · March 22, 2019

For Myasthenia Gravis "73 y.o. male. Affected 2 years ago with Myasthenia Gravis full blown within a few weeks. On celcept & mestinon. Approx. a year in I went through a course of treatments. No effect."

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month · March 3, 2020

Octagam (immune globulin intravenous) "At 10 gms. only a mild headache the day after"

Alice · Taken for 2 to 5 years · September 2, 2022

For Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy "I’m receiving 45g per every 3 weeks, but the Panzega only last short time well before the next treatment."