User Reviews for Immune globulin intravenous

Also known as: Privigen, Octagam, Panzyga, Gammaplex, Asceniv, Flebogamma, Bivigam Gammagard S/D Carimune NF

Immune globulin intravenous has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 75% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 17% reported a negative effect.

Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome
10.0
Summary of Immune globulin intravenous reviews 7.0 10 reviews

Reviews for Immune globulin intravenous

Anonymous February 2, 2012

For Myasthenia Gravis: “I have had Gammagard for 5 months and suffered flu like symptoms for at lest 2 days after infusions. I had Octagam yesterday and today and have no symptoms except feel very tired. It seemed to be less irritating to the veins also. The fluid amount was doubled so it put less stress on my kidneys.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 14, 2020

For Polymyositis/Dermatomyositis: “I got the IVIG infusions for 5 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week every 3 months. I did 2 rounds and I felt so energetic the week after treatment was over. It also helped rid me of the muscle pain and a lot of the weakness. It was exhausting having to get through the week of infusions but when it was over I felt really good. Unfortunately my rheumatologist retired and moved so I’m waiting to see if my new Dr is going to have me back on the treatment. I highly recommend trying this if you haven’t already!”

KW22 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 7, 2017

Gammagard S/D (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “First dose I had a hemolytic reaction with severe back pain headache hypertension BP was 200/120 . Change to Octogam for next infusion and slowed rate down to max of 50cc / hr have tolerated well. Have had a lot less infections since started IVIG”

INVOLUTARILY RETIRED 70 yr old · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 28, 2018

For Myasthenia Gravis: “iVIG literally saved my life ... AND enabled me to transition off CONSIDERABLY more problematic drugs such as corticosteroids and immunosuppressives (which in all fairness under certain circumstances controlled symptoms COMPLETELY -- BUT frequently presented both acute severely lifestyle limiting side effects AND long term high probability severe side effects AND sometimes for short terms completely failed to control ANY symptoms acceptably). For maintenance purposes, however, the dosages currently specified as reduced "maintenance" do not work FOR ME yet to provide complete replacement for the otherwise less noxious and reasonably effective drug, Pyridostigmine. I know other patients for which it DOES, however, and am inclined to recommend it as the standard treatment of choice, which of course it is NOT because it is an expensive human distilled substance rather than a chemically formulated item, thus affecting both availability and distribution.”

Ajklien · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2014

For Anti NMDA Receptor Encephalitis: “I was diagnosed with ANMDARE early 2013 I had a reasonably quick diagnosis and was started on a course of octagam and prednisone and had a very fast recovery I can't tell doses etc because I don't remember much from that time, I'm currently laying in hospital being treated for a relapse on a dosage of 30g per day over 5 days and 1g per day prednisone for 3 days I'm in day 2 and already feel much better”

Orion · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 3, 2019

Privigen (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “The only medication out of 6 IVIG I tried that gave me anaphylactic shock.”

ImmunoCrohnie · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2019

Asceniv (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “Previous drug gave me pressure in my head and chest they lowered the rate to 50. Still having it and my heart rate was high. Switched to here, much better experience. Let's keep it up woot woot!”

I'm a zebra · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2014

Privigen (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “While I have only been on this medication, I feel so much better. I didn't become ill at all through the winter.”

Catie · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2019

Asceniv (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “Feel great. Need fewer infusions. Based on research seems like a good immunuglobin option”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 17, 2020

Panzyga (immune globulin intravenous): “Occasionally experienced mild headache, but mostly very tolerable infusion.”

Anonymous December 23, 2010

Octagam (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “After having 20 grs of Octagam I felt a little dizzy and a minor headache.”

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2020

Octagam (immune globulin intravenous): “At 10 gms. only a mild headache the day after”

Flying Boar · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2019

For Myasthenia Gravis: “73 y.o. male. Affected 2 years ago with Myasthenia Gravis full blown within a few weeks. On celcept & mestinon. Approx. a year in I went through a course of treatments. No effect.”