User Reviews for Immune globulin intravenous

Also known as: Bivigam, Carimune, Carimune NF, Flebogamma, Gamimune, Gamimune N 10%, Gamimune N 5%, Gammagard S/D, Gammaplex, Gammar IV, Gammar-P I.V., Gamunex, Iveegam En, Octagam, Panglobulin, Panglobulin NF, Polygam S/D, Privigen, Sandoglobulin, Venoglobulin-S 10%, Venoglobulin-S 5% …show all brand names

Anti NMDA Receptor Encephalitis

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura

1 review 86 medications
Summary of Immune globulin intravenous reviews 8.0 10 reviews

Reviews for Immune globulin intravenous

For Myasthenia Gravis: "iVIG literally saved my life ... AND enabled me to transition off CONSIDERABLY more problematic drugs such as corticosteroids and immunosuppressives (which in all fairness under certain circumstances controlled symptoms COMPLETELY -- BUT frequently presented both acute severely lifestyle limiting side effects AND long term high probability severe side effects AND sometimes for short terms completely failed to control ANY symptoms acceptably). For maintenance purposes, however, the dosages currently specified as reduced "maintenance" do not work FOR ME yet to provide complete replacement for the otherwise less noxious and reasonably effective drug, Pyridostigmine. I know other patients for which it DOES, however, and am inclined to recommend it as the standard treatment of choice, which of course it is NOT because it is an expensive human distilled substance rather than a chemically formulated item, thus affecting both availability and distribution."

INVOLUTARILY RETIRED 70 yr old (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2018

Gamunex (immune globulin intravenous) for Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "Worked fine and lasted 9 months first time. Second and third time no blessing"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 31, 2017

Gammagard S/D (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: "First dose I had a hemolytic reaction with severe back pain headache hypertension BP was 200/120 . Change to Octogam for next infusion and slowed rate down to max of 50cc / hr have tolerated well. Have had a lot less infections since started IVIG"

KW22 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2017

Privigen (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: "While I have only been on this medication, I feel so much better. I didn't become ill at all through the winter."

I'm a zebra (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2014

For Anti NMDA Receptor Encephalitis: "I was diagnosed with ANMDARE early 2013 I had a reasonably quick diagnosis and was started on a course of octagam and prednisone and had a very fast recovery I can't tell doses etc because I don't remember much from that time, I'm currently laying in hospital being treated for a relapse on a dosage of 30g per day over 5 days and 1g per day prednisone for 3 days I'm in day 2 and already feel much better"

Ajklien (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2014

For Myasthenia Gravis: "I have had Gammagard for 5 months and suffered flu like symptoms for at lest 2 days after infusions. I had Octagam yesterday and today and have no symptoms except feel very tired. It seemed to be less irritating to the veins also. The fluid amount was doubled so it put less stress on my kidneys."

Anonymous February 2, 2012

Gamunex (immune globulin intravenous) for Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy: "After 5 months of infusions I feel better although CIDP symptoms persist. Side effects were mouth sores/swollen lips both with white blisters starting after three days resolving after two weeks. Significant coverage of chest and back rash, large red blotches. Start on the fifth day and resolve after forming black scabs after three weeks. Will continue with last treatment and then quit."

CIDP-Patient August 6, 2011

Gamunex (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: "I've been on Gamunex since it was introduced. I take 60 grams every three weeks in about 2-1/2 hours. I have no side effects and pre-medicate with Allegra and Advil. It is by far the easiest tolerated of any of the IViG products. I've used IViG for over 30 years. Works for me."

markleventhal May 11, 2011

Octagam (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: "After having 20 grs of Octagam I felt a little dizzy and a minor headache."

Anonymous December 23, 2010

Gamunex (immune globulin intravenous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: "In a 2007 study Gamunex was shown to have the least side effect of any of the IViG products"

markincleveland February 12, 2010